JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I also have an Interams PPK/S and I wouldn't recommend it for anyone who has trouble racking a stiff slide. Mine has always been accurate and reliable. I sent it to Cylinder & Slide and had them touch it up and it is "best" for me.

I don't think any weapon is best until you've practiced with it and cleaned it a whole bunch of times.

I carry a NAA Guardian .380, fits in my pocket nicely but heavier than the others since it's all stainless. I've had 1 feed problem in about 500 rounds, but was in the 1st 50 rounds so was probably due to break-in period. It's the next best pocket .380 you're gonna get next to a Seecamp( good luck finding one and if you do it's $$$). I noticed that Masterpiece Arms is making a knockoff of these too and affordable. Just haven't seen any reviews for them yet.

I carry a NAA Guardian .380, fits in my pocket nicely but heavier than the others since it's all stainless. I've had 1 feed problem in about 500 rounds, but was in the 1st 50 rounds so was probably due to break-in period. It's the next best pocket .380 you're gonna get next to a Seecamp( good luck finding one and if you do it's $$$). I noticed that Masterpiece Arms is making a knockoff of these too and affordable. Just haven't seen any reviews for them yet.

I too carry the North American Arms Guardian .380 when I have to wear pants with smaller pockets. It is a beautifully machined, reliable lump of stainless steel! It is heavy for its tiny size, but that adds to the controllability for follow-up shots. Its shape stays put in the hand and does not squirm around when fired. Since there is no safety or pre-cock the trigger is long and heavy and stacks up toward the end. The cure is to use the finger TIP on the trigger which makes it very shootable and even accurate with such tiny sights...................................elsullo :s0155:

I have shot and owned almost every common 380 ACP out there and here is a pic of what I settled on Colt Government Model 80 series fully customized
IMG_0535-1.jpg IMG_0541.jpg
Here are my top picks
Colt Mustang or Government model $550-$1100
Sig P238 $450-$600
Beretta 84F $399-$500
Kahr P380 $450-$580
Browning 380 $480-$600
Tauras PT58S First Gen (Beretta Clone) $280-$480
Bersa Thunder $225-$320
Walther PPKS $300-$500
NAA Guardian $350-$450
Seecamp $400-$550
Ruger LCP $275-$320
Kel-Tech P3AT $250-$300
Tauras 738 $240-$290
Prices are based brand new to over priced based on what I've seen. There are a few out there that are not on the list but over the years this is my experience with the cartridge. When you reload this cartridge its alot more fun to shoot when it comes to cost!

I too carry the North American Arms Guardian .380 when I have to wear pants with smaller pockets. It is a beautifully machined, reliable lump of stainless steel! It is heavy for its tiny size, but that adds to the controllability for follow-up shots. Its shape stays put in the hand and does not squirm around when fired. Since there is no safety or pre-cock the trigger is long and heavy and stacks up toward the end. The cure is to use the finger TIP on the trigger which makes it very shootable and even accurate with such tiny sights...................................elsullo :s0155:

Yes Elsullo they are well machined, I like how you say "lump of stainless" I fully understand. As far as trigger pull, I really don't mind that it's heavy since it's a carry piece not a range firearm in any sense. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do. A highly recommended .380 ccw.

I have to go with Kahr, though I carry a P3AT myself, couldn't justify the cost of the Kahr. No complaints with my little Kel-Tec though. Very dependable and fairly accurate if you do your part.

Surprized that there isn't any love out there for the Walther PPK.

I beg to differ.
My next purchase is likely going to be a PPK in blue if I can find one at a reasonable price.

After that, an Aston Martin. Or maybe a Bentley.

I'm sure Q Branch will have some suitable wheels for me.
:s0114:

Walther ppk/s I like the stainless.
Sig,Colts,and the Karh seems to be a big favorite.
I have heard and read a lot of good thing on the NA Arms 380 also
Haven't heard about the Cheetah,except for the earlier post but Berretta has always put out a great product.
So yeah,what kind of car should I drive?
Are you close to a range that rents guns?

The Tarsus is real popular,by I have had the brand in multiple calibers and would never buy another.
Ruger's little 380,LCD? is another one.I like Ruger wheel guns,not much else

Just get an old school Llama in .380 (or even .22). The 'Mini-Me' of 1911's .... :D

The wood grips are on the .22, the other is the .380

A full size 1911 for comparrison

Going to be tough to say which one is the best. Depends on how you want to carry it and what fits your hands the best. It also depends on your budget. If you can afford it the Kahr is an exceptional handgun. The best overall price and build quality probably goes to the Ruger LCP. There are some issues I have with the LCP but overall it does everything a gun of it's size is supposed to do.

I have Kahr CW9 (9mm), and if the trigger on P380 is similar, I would like to try. I generally prefer DAO for carry, as you can tuck it into a pocket or a holster safely without fearing for accidental discharge, and not worrying about lints going inside of the gun, since I would most likely carry it inside my pocket. If I have to carry it in my holster, I think I would stay with my CW9.

The recent shooting incident in Florida made me think about the whole concept of CCW. We all carry because 1) it is our constitutional right, and 2) to protect ourselves from "deadly" threats. Most of us will probably carry our entire lifetime without ever pulling out of the holster (or a pocket) and fire a round for that one time that we really need to. We all hope for that. However, if you pull your gun out of your holster for some reason, whether that is for warning your assailant, or actually firing a round to stop the assailant, the chances are that the police will be called, and your gun will most likely be confiscated and examined (stripped) for evidence. If the warning or shooting is justified, then you may get your gun back.

For that reason, I am not sure if I want my $800 gun be confiscated, and wonder if it comes back to me in original condition (or even coming back at all).

I would love to get small .380, as long as the size is small enough for a cargo pants pocket or a jacket pocket (size), can place shots within 7 to 10 yards (accuracy), good craftsmanship from well-known manufacturer (reliability), and that I won't feel crappy if the gun was confiscated for the reason I mentioned above.

So, any guns previously mentioned in this thread fit the bill?

Beretta 84 sure looks nice. A friend of mine showed me his CZ-82, a surplus model of CZ pistol that loads 12+1 rounds of Makarov 9x18, and man, that thing fits my hand like a glove. CZ has its .380 version, CZ-83, and if it is as ergonomic as CZ-82, I would love to try one out. It sort of looks like Beretta.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top