JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm surprised after 3 pages not one mention of ether of the 2 new Glock hideout guns, one in 380 and 1 in 9mm.
A friend of mine has both and loves them.

Uuhhmm, this thread started in 2010. And on page 7 myself and another member recommend them. I also rementioned it about 3 posts back.

Last Edited:
I'm surprised after 3 pages not one mention of ether of the 2 new Glock hideout guns, one in 380 and 1 in 9mm.
A friend of mine has both and loves them.
I look forward to testing or fam-firing a number of new offerings, and hope to hear more of them. The Browning 1911-380 interests me, and I hope to wring it out.

With the slimming down of 9mm models, how many here still carry their .380's? Any plans on switching to 9mm?

I honestly haven't carried my Kel-Tec P3AT since I bought my Kahr PM9 years ago.
While I recently bought a Ruger LC9s Pro which will go in a pocket, I only have a Slinky holster for it an pocket carry. I need a better holster to seriously use it as pocket carry. My main carry gun is changing to a XD45 Mod 2 in a Alien Gear IWB holster and I have considered still carrying my XDS45 as the back up. Logistically it makes sense, but a lot of extra weight and a 380 still makes sense to me as they are lighter and smaller. I usually carry either a Ruger LCP Custom or a Kahr CW380, always the appropriate spare magazine when I step out. I have three different loads in my carry 380's The LCP has a Hornady Defensive round, the CW380 has Hornady XTP, and my home carry Colt Mustang XSP has Federal Hydro-shok's. I feel my 380 ammo to be very good for the guns in question and while not superior to a 9 MM, still pretty respectable. I have carried a 380 only before and while I did not feel undergunned the 380s are really close guns.

So the short answer is for me to still carry a 380....as a backup.

Oh and of the Glock 42, two LCP's a S&W, Kahr, and Colt...I like the Colt hands down the best.

I have always wanted a PPK. If this thread were what is the prettiest/coolest .380, it wins hands down for me. Love the design, history, and mystic. It's the 1911 of .380's!

Did any of you Bersa fans notice that the CC Bersa is an exact copy of the PPK, I used to own one of the early ones before the "Thunder" hype and was impressed with the quality workmanship my only complaint was the backwards safety lever, which seems to be a European "thing", as is the bottom mag release. Never had a problem with it and only sold it to my brother and it disappeared from his arsenal after his fatal wreck. Perhaps from him or his vehicle, can't prove a thing.
They are or were quality firearms but IMHO too heavy for a "Pocket" pistol. Easily concealed though.
Gabby

Did any of you Bersa fans notice that the CC Bersa is an exact copy of the PPK, I used to own one of the early ones before the "Thunder" hype and was impressed with the quality workmanship my only complaint was the backwards safety lever, which seems to be a European "thing", as is the bottom mag release. Never had a problem with it and only sold it to my brother and it disappeared from his arsenal after his fatal wreck. Perhaps from him or his vehicle, can't prove a thing.
They are or were quality firearms but IMHO too heavy for a "Pocket" pistol. Easily concealed though.
Gabby

On my 21st birthday I purchased a Bersa Thunder .380 from Northwest Armory. I really liked that gun.

The 380 will put the hurt on a BG but a 9mm will do even more hurt and when it happens aural/retinal shut down will be the winning card for the Victim that was forced to use a gun in defense of life:cool:

Someone would have to be pretty clairvoyant to do that. The Glock 42 and 43 were "wish guns" at that point in time.

LOL I didn't pay any attention to the time line. I thought it was current, maybe I should start checking before I post.
OH well I have an excuse "I'm OLD" LOL
Gabby
TOR check my "LIKE" click on your post. :s0036:LOL

I still have two .380s -- a new Ruger LCP Custom (vast improvement) and a Magnum Research Micro Desert Eagle. Before the LCP Custom came out, I would have said the MDE was the clear choice. Now it's more of a toss up. But I only carry them when I absolutely have to. My Walther PPS 9mm is simply a great carry gun in every way. If I need to carry something really thin or something I need to tuck a shirt over, it's the one. It's less than an inch thin, is as accurate as some of my full size 9mms even at distance, and has extended mags for backup if you choose. Two other great 9mms I have are an HK P30 SK subcompact and an FNH FNS-9 Compact. But I do occasionally carry one of the .380s if circumstances dictate.

Which oNE has the better trigger.
I no longer own the Walther PPK/S for a side-by-side comparison, but my SIG P232 has a decent trigger pull in single action. The double-action pull is unimpressive, but suitable for close range. The P232 has reliably digested all the ammunition I've fed it, mostly Hornady "Critical Defense" 90 grain and PMC "Starfire" 95 grain.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top