JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ruger Mk. 1, 2, 3 or 22/45, or a Browning Buckmark. I have a couple Rugers, and a Browning and they're just about the most fun you can have for the price. Probably prefer the Buckmark, either because its more accurate, or I simply shoot it better.
-Curtis

Ruger 10/22 is great, around $170 new, rifle plus there is a ton of aftermarket support for it. Handguns are a bit more but ruger, walther, beretta, and even sigs have something in the $200-$300 range for you. They're all good and they're all built to last. Nothing beats going to a store and handling a few to see what you like.

If your interested in a new rifle. You can't go wrong with a Ruger 10/22 & there are about a Million after market upgrades available. If a pistol is what you desire, I agree with Curtismann, it's hard to bet a Browning Buckmark for accuracy, quality & reliabilty. Have fun shopping.

Ruger 10/22 is hard to beat. you could get a mossberg plinkster new from Cabelas now for $99. It is a clip fed rifle, I had one and it was fun but I decided to get a ruger 10/22 and love it. Also have a Marlin lever action that I am in love with, its a great gun hard to beat a lever action, I think Bi mart has a henry lever action on sale too but it ends the 18th.

Hope you find something that works for you maybe a pic if you do.

Rifle? Revolver? Semi-Auto Pistol? What is your price range?
Right now I am looking for a handgun, my brother has a ruger 10/22 rifle, so I can use that if I want to and price range... well I want to spend enough to get a good gun but not enough to break the bank. Just looking at what people like at the moment.

+1 on the 10-22.
mine wasnt a "shooter" out of the box but a stiffer hammer spring 5$ fixed that.
stainless ones can be had for under 200$
after market parts are everywhere.

it is my plinker/bunny terminator

Since u asked in the PISTOL forum,I"d have to say any Ruger semi auto is going to make everyone smile.Gotta be EXTRA careful with a semi and new shooters.
No jams? a revolver is a good way to go.I've never seen a .22 semi that doesnt jam now and then,unless u shoot Minimags all the time,and they get spendy.
seriously,a ruger is a very good way to go.

oh, didnt notice where it was it was on the homepage in the new posts. i would have to say ruger mkII too if that is the case. mine cycles everything with only a few hiccups. a little harder to break down then most but you get used to it after a few cleaning sessions.

i ALMOST got rid of mine for a 22/45, boy would i have felt silly.
only problem with them is tornado tech will no longer accept them for barrel threading if that matters at all to you

the ruger mark series are a lot of fun when you are not loading magazines, for a long gun the marlin autoloaders that are tube fed are great fun. lots less time and effort put into reloading

I don't own a Ruger or Browning but at Speed Steel the only .22 pistols that I saw run 100% flawless; STOCK Browning Buckmark and STOCK Ruger Mark pistols. Somebody had a speed loader for their Mark pistol and it worked very well.
Good luck,
Mike

Since you asked on the Handgun Discussion Forum, lets assume you're looking for a Handgun!

Previous recommendations of Ruger Mark III, or Mark III 22/45, or one of the Browning Buck Marks, are spot on. You can't go wrong with any of them, and can pick them up Brand-New at your local FFL for just a little over $300, sometimes even less. I have all three, and they are all fine semi-auto .22s, and are fun to shoot.

If you lean towards a revolver, there are lots out there, both single and double action, from several manufacturers. Good luck!

the nice thing about the less expensive autoloaders, if they start screwing up. a little brakeclean, a little compressed air, a little wd40 you are back in business.

Ruger Single Six.

DSC_5838.jpg

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class