JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ruger Mk. 1, 2, 3 or 22/45, or a Browning Buckmark. I have a couple Rugers, and a Browning and they're just about the most fun you can have for the price. Probably prefer the Buckmark, either because its more accurate, or I simply shoot it better.
-Curtis

Ruger 10/22 is great, around $170 new, rifle plus there is a ton of aftermarket support for it. Handguns are a bit more but ruger, walther, beretta, and even sigs have something in the $200-$300 range for you. They're all good and they're all built to last. Nothing beats going to a store and handling a few to see what you like.

If your interested in a new rifle. You can't go wrong with a Ruger 10/22 & there are about a Million after market upgrades available. If a pistol is what you desire, I agree with Curtismann, it's hard to bet a Browning Buckmark for accuracy, quality & reliabilty. Have fun shopping.

Ruger 10/22 is hard to beat. you could get a mossberg plinkster new from Cabelas now for $99. It is a clip fed rifle, I had one and it was fun but I decided to get a ruger 10/22 and love it. Also have a Marlin lever action that I am in love with, its a great gun hard to beat a lever action, I think Bi mart has a henry lever action on sale too but it ends the 18th.

Hope you find something that works for you maybe a pic if you do.

Rifle? Revolver? Semi-Auto Pistol? What is your price range?
Right now I am looking for a handgun, my brother has a ruger 10/22 rifle, so I can use that if I want to and price range... well I want to spend enough to get a good gun but not enough to break the bank. Just looking at what people like at the moment.

+1 on the 10-22.
mine wasnt a "shooter" out of the box but a stiffer hammer spring 5$ fixed that.
stainless ones can be had for under 200$
after market parts are everywhere.

it is my plinker/bunny terminator

Since u asked in the PISTOL forum,I"d have to say any Ruger semi auto is going to make everyone smile.Gotta be EXTRA careful with a semi and new shooters.
No jams? a revolver is a good way to go.I've never seen a .22 semi that doesnt jam now and then,unless u shoot Minimags all the time,and they get spendy.
seriously,a ruger is a very good way to go.

oh, didnt notice where it was it was on the homepage in the new posts. i would have to say ruger mkII too if that is the case. mine cycles everything with only a few hiccups. a little harder to break down then most but you get used to it after a few cleaning sessions.

i ALMOST got rid of mine for a 22/45, boy would i have felt silly.
only problem with them is tornado tech will no longer accept them for barrel threading if that matters at all to you

the ruger mark series are a lot of fun when you are not loading magazines, for a long gun the marlin autoloaders that are tube fed are great fun. lots less time and effort put into reloading

I don't own a Ruger or Browning but at Speed Steel the only .22 pistols that I saw run 100% flawless; STOCK Browning Buckmark and STOCK Ruger Mark pistols. Somebody had a speed loader for their Mark pistol and it worked very well.
Good luck,
Mike

Since you asked on the Handgun Discussion Forum, lets assume you're looking for a Handgun!

Previous recommendations of Ruger Mark III, or Mark III 22/45, or one of the Browning Buck Marks, are spot on. You can't go wrong with any of them, and can pick them up Brand-New at your local FFL for just a little over $300, sometimes even less. I have all three, and they are all fine semi-auto .22s, and are fun to shoot.

If you lean towards a revolver, there are lots out there, both single and double action, from several manufacturers. Good luck!

the nice thing about the less expensive autoloaders, if they start screwing up. a little brakeclean, a little compressed air, a little wd40 you are back in business.

Ruger Single Six.

DSC_5838.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews