JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ruger or high standard for quality factory trigger... Haven't tried much others other than a walther p22... Walthers look really cool & are good for not jamming jus like a ruger & high standard. But still rather have a high standard for the factory trigger pull personally. *Thought you meant just pistols* I have opinions on rifles but they are over 400$

The new Ruger SP101 .22LR looks pretty nice. Comes with adjustable rear and fiber optic front sight and with a revolver you won't have to worry about any jamming...I would hope.

Try the trigger pull before you buy a SR22. One I tried at the Hillsboro show had really ugly trigger pull. Wonder if Volquartson is going to come up with a replacement trigger.
I was contemplating between the SR-22 and the S&W M&P 15-22, every gun store I went to advised me to stay away from the SR-22, most of their "negatives" was that it's a dressed up 10/22, if I want to go that way I can get one and customize it for a lot cheaper from scratch, if I wanted the AR-like the S & W is a lot better, ended up with the S & W.

I was contemplating between the SR-22 and the S&W M&P 15-22, every gun store I went to advised me to stay away from the SR-22, most of their "negatives" was that it's a dressed up 10/22, if I want to go that way I can get one and customize it for a lot cheaper from scratch, if I wanted the AR-like the S & W is a lot better, ended up with the S & W.

If it's nothing but a "dressed up 10/22" that would make it a reliable, fun to shoot handgun, but since I haven't got to hold one let alone fire one I'll reserve my opinion until then.

I have a Browning Buckmark. I like it, a lot. It's my second favorite gun to shoot, right behind my 10/22.

I was referring to the new SR22 Pistol that is now hitting gun shops. It looks like a copy of the Walther P22.

If it's nothing but a "dressed up 10/22" that would make it a reliable, fun to shoot handgun, but since I haven't got to hold one let alone fire one I'll reserve my opinion until then.

I have a Browning Buckmark. I like it, a lot. It's my second favorite gun to shoot, right behind my 10/22.

Oh you are correct, it is reliable (and as per the reviews online very accurate too), I never said it isn't. The thought among lots of people is that it's a dressed up 10/22 in an AR-like package but not a true AR, and thus can be had for cheaper if you buy a 10/22 and customize it rather than pay ~$470 for it. As I said, when I was buying, the advice I got was that if I want an "almost" real AR in 22lr then the S&W is a better buy.

Ive got a Ruger Mark III that is an absolute blast to shoot. Compared to my brothers sig mosquito (which wont shoot the cheapest .22) its much more enjoyable.
And some people make remarks about the difficulty of its tear down, its not easy. But once you do it a few times it becomes simple enough. .

I have always liked the Ruger series semiauto rimfire pistols. I have heard too many stories of broken slides on the Walther P22 pistols to recommend them. I have a neighbor who has one though and has not had any issues with it, other than having the barrel lead up badly using Remington Thunderbolt ammo....a non plated lead bullet. The good thing to come of that is he gave me all the lead rimfire ammo he had because he is afraid it will lead the barrel again. Just the other day a friend of his gave him 6 boxes of American Eagle ...all lead.......he gave them to me!!! Woo hoo.

I have always liked the Ruger series semiauto rimfire pistols. I have heard too many stories of broken slides on the Walther P22 pistols to recommend them. I have a neighbor who has one though and has not had any issues with it, other than having the barrel lead up badly using Remington Thunderbolt ammo....a non plated lead bullet. The good thing to come of that is he gave me all the lead rimfire ammo he had because he is afraid it will lead the barrel again. Just the other day a friend of his gave him 6 boxes of American Eagle ...all lead.......he gave them to me!!! Woo hoo.
Nice, I wish I had more friends that would give me ammo!

I'm going to buck the Ruger trend and cast my "best plinker" vote....for the Taurus M94 revolver.

Its double-action, so you can pop off all 9 rounds as fast as you can pull the trigger, just like a semi-auto. Unlike a semi-auto, you dont have to waste a bunch of time reloading magazines. Its a much faster gun to reload, and with 9 rounds on tap its only one round down from the typical 10 round semi-autos made by Ruger, Walther, S&W etc.

Another advantage it has over the semi-autos is that it isnt a picky eater. Quality control on some of the cheaper bulk-pack brands of .22LR ammo leaves a lot to be desired, and as a result you can spend a lot of time clearing jams and FTE's. My Taurus 94 just chews 'em up and spits 'em out. And its also a lot easier to clean once you are done hosing off that brick of ammo.

Its not a target gun...its a plinker.No, it wont keep up with a well-tuned Ruger in the accuracy department, but it is more than accurate enough to keep pesky pop cans and other targets of opportunity at bay out to 25 yards or so if the shooter does his part. And most importantly...it is a "fun" gun to shoot.

used Hi Standards can be found in pretty good condition, and they are very nice. I had a duramatic that shot great, then a Browning Challenger II that I stopped shooting when I found out it had some collector value to it, and now have a Browning Buckmark Hunter that I will never sell. Beautiful shooting and looking gun! Not cheap however.

I have heard good things about the Walther .22's, thing they call them mosquitos?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top