JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So, present day, right now, if you have to choose between left and right, who do you choose? The left, whose platform is to collect the guns, and who's 2012 Democratic National Convention delegates booed God out of their platform on live tv, or the right, who isn't perfect, but the better of the two. Do you remember why Trump was elected?

Who do I choose? Neither. I am a believer in, and proponent of, liberty. In the current political landscape, both the left and right (in particular the left) have abandoned their traditional roles in social debate.

You have a significant point in that the left is currently the more immediate threat; the label of progressive largely fits because it pushes a compelled agenda rather than preserving the tried and true. My efforts right now are expended opposing the left rather than aligning with the right.

It's a false cause argument specifically.

You're assuming our plastic straws are contributing to the plastic in the ocean at all.

Hint: It's not, what plastic is winding up in the ocean from the US is predominately from fishing nets.
I fished. Been through the gyre several times 30 years ago. Eighty-five% of stuff is from Asia. No " single-use" garbage bags. No straws. Go into a W. Pac. Asian or Island harbor and the plastic bubblegum is a foot deep. That's where it's coming from. If you enviro-zealots want change things, go over and talk to them, don't make laws on us. After 50 years of hearing " we must err on the side of conservation ", it's proven to be just another leftie talking point - like " common sense gun laws " to " fix the loopholes ". Fifty years of laws and regulations, and many $$billions spent to fix habitat, and bring back the salmonides, and nothing has changed - the habitat is not coming back. It's called civilization, and it marches on. I was once gullible enough to buy into the scam, but not anymore. My advise? Adapt and get used to it, because all the $$ you carbon-tax us isn't going to change diddly!

And on that note... who the f made the U.S. the "last, best hope for Humanity's salvation"? We ARE the leading country in terms of cutting emissions; and we are also the one everyone expects to fix everyone's problems? The other nations should look to their own first before laying blame on the U.S.
When Asia have a population that far exceeds that of the U.S. ; where do you think the majority of consumer waste comes from? Who is feeding them? Why are they not enforcing fishing treaties and agreements?

You can pretend there aren't scientists that disagree, but that's simply not true.

Neither misleading or false List of scientists who disagree with the scientific consensus on global warming - Wikipedia

Climate Change Remains Unsettled, Say 31,072 Scientists

You can also deny that climate change data hasn't been falsified (one of several instances):

Climate change whistleblower alleges NOAA manipulated data to hide global warming 'pause'

There are also accounts of scientists being blackballed in the community for opposing the dogma.

H2O, CO2, and CH4 absorb IR radiation only at specific wavelengths. The gas which has the highest concentration in air absorbs and re-emits the most IR radiation.

Water vapor the highest concentration among the greenhouse gases, and water vapor including clouds is the dominant greenhouse gas.
The concentration of water vapor in air is about 1%, while the concentration of CO2 in air is only about 0.04% (or 400 ppm).

This is NOT to say that humans do not affect temperature and climate in other ways, such as building cities, roads, planting or cutting forests and fields, etc.

The hypothesis of human-caused global warming by the contribution of a mere 0.004% of the total CO2 emissions, is hubris.

The oceans hold 50x as much CO2 as the atmosphere...uh oh..

View attachment 548128

And at this point i'll refrain from continuing to derail the thread.

First... sorry everyone for the tangent in the thread.
Second... good job posting a bunch of numbers you don't understand. Numbers, trivia and invalidated internet polls you don't understand. I also noticed you didn't show your math on the percent of CO2 and it's effect. Why?
For the sake of everyone else on the thread, I'll leave it with this. This is not a Republican or Democrat issue, it's science. Hubris is thinking you know more about physics than physicists, more about chemistry than chemists, more about climate than climate scientists and more about what is valid science than every single respected scientific organization on the planet.

First... sorry everyone for the tangent in the thread.
Second... good job posting a bunch of numbers you don't understand. Numbers, trivia and invalidated internet polls you don't understand. I also noticed you didn't show your math on the percent of CO2 and it's effect. Why?
For the sake of everyone else on the thread, I'll leave it with this. This is not a Republican or Democrat issue, it's science. Hubris is thinking you know more about physics than physicists, more about chemistry than chemists, more about climate than climate scientists and more about what is valid science than every single respected scientific organization on the planet.

I have a BS in Neuroscience and one in Biochem, took quantum mechanics in college too lol.

Spent plenty of time using an NMR machine to to look at spectra of compounds I made in the lab , but yeah I don't know anything about anything, let alone the absorption of radiation, I am just a yokel that thinks he knows more.... (nice straw man btw).

I don't think I know more, I just know that anyone who says that "the science is settled" is not a scientist.
I also know there's a lot more dispute about this topic than you are willing to admit. But hey go ahead and slam me and not any of the actual scientists getting published..

Btw the actual math would be a whole separate post a half-page long. I can link it for you, but why? You've clearly made up your mind because you're a zealot, this is a matter of ideology to you, not science.

If you had a scientific mind, you'd be open to new information. Instead you are adhering to a mantra, should trigger some introspection....

These guys are nuts then.. Not legitimate scientists...

https://www.omicsonline.org/open-ac...-an-Empirical-Planetary-Temperature-Model.pdf

Last Edited:
And on that note... who the f made the U.S. the "last, best hope for Humanity's salvation"? We ARE the leading country in terms of cutting emissions; and we are also the one everyone expects to fix everyone's problems? The other nations should look to their own first before laying blame on the U.S.
When Asia have a population that far exceeds that of the U.S. ; where do you think the majority of consumer waste comes from? Who is feeding them? Why are they not enforcing fishing treaties and agreements?
Tucker just pretty much blew his green guest out of his shoes with the same argument- go talk to China if you REALLY are interested in saving the planet. The backlash to the "political science" is growing.

The left: Believes in magical, cultish (non) thinking.

The Right: Thinks applying logic.

All lefties on this site: I witness what you post and then....yer outta heah!

Let me clarify my previous post.

Those who reveal themselves as leftists - I promptly put on my ignore list.

Why won't I read what they have to say and perhaps even debate?

Because I won't waste my time with deluded folk.

I am exactly the same. For me this forum is all people I like or respect and a big pile of ignore.

So you are saying that you are so insecure that you won't come out of your shell in the fear that your world view would be threatened? Way to cowboy up there, Tex.

Last Edited:
I like the rest of your post, but the above I don't see as a good argument. I'll use this analogy: if 95% of the people are littering, does it then mean littering is OK for us also?

We should be leading the world, not using what the rest of the people are doing as an excuse for inaction.
Priorities. Are plastic draws the #1 issue? Probably not.

I have no one on my ignore list. I like to see how opposing views present their argument. Have learned a lot about how people think - or don't.

Just to clarify, this is not aimed at any one person in this, or any other thread. In fact, I see an often recurring issue across many threads and many members of NWFA.

Skimming this thread, I have to wonder, for those that so staunchly support the 2nd amendment, why is it that some are willing to toss the 1st into the trash? I get it, it's not fun to read opposing points of view, even less fun to debate (unless you're like me and you actually enjoy it). But this country's first right in the bill of rights came even before guns - freedom of speech, freedom of religion, freedom of assembly, freedom of the press and freedom to petition the government, all are freedoms that mean as much to me as the 2nd. I am quite shocked at times that folks who expect full freedom for gun ownership under the 2nd amendment are also in favor of some form of censorship, in opposition to the 1st amendment. I just don't get that.

Before anyone starts to explain things to me, I do understand quite well that the 1st amendment applies only to the government restricting our rights, and that this is a private site, owned by an individual, and he has a right to shut down speech here he doesn't like. There is a principle at work here that should be able to extend beyond the government to the individual. I think this site has been more than generous in allowing folks of differing points of view to freely express themselves here, even when it didn't exactly help the position of NWFA.

I, like others, will not use the 'ignore' button, nor do I want to see threads/topics shut down, or members silenced. I want to know what the opposition is thinking and saying. I want to hear their arguments and reasoning. Why? Because I need to be able to counter what they say, to other people I speak with, to folks on this forum, my family and others. If I don't know their thoughts and plans, how I can I be informed, or prepared. The free exchange and debate of ideas was, and is, a critical foundation of the freedom we have in this country. Silencing those we disagree with doesn't make their ideas go away or lose their impact, in fact, it can, and, at times, does, have the opposite effect. Have we lost the ability to be 'critical thinkers', only able to navigate in the little bubbles where people only say exactly what we want to hear?

Let me be clear, I thoroughly hate it when anyone actively works to take my rights away, and I will do what I can to try and counter such attacks on MY rights. But I'm not going to make part of my plan the stripping of rights from other folks. We're Americans, and though we may disagree strongly on many topics, we must work together to protect and maintain the ability to have those freedoms. Dammit, freedom is messy, it's dangerous, it's uncomfortable, and it's the only way I want to live.

So I'm glad that Joe and the mods make this site available to folks with varying points of view on the 2nd amendment. Since I don't get a balanced view on the why's and wherefore's about what people believe elsewhere, where can I go to better understand why people do what they do, vote how they vote, support who they support?

Sorry for the rant, but this attempt to shut down or silence points of view is, in my mind, a bad position to take. I'll stand up and fight for the right for people to share their opinions, even if I hate those opinions. It's what we should be doing.

Rant over. :s0137:

Always wanted to use that smiley

Balance,
No matter what side or sides there are, they clash when the balance tilts, opposing their ideology, that or they are granted a
majority and now work to inflict that agenda. And silence that opposing voice.
The Roman empire had a very steady balance of power for the majority of that civilization.
They continued to expand and enforce their ideology, what they neglected to understand, the farther you reach
the easier it is to oppose you.
Another example is riots, police as the enforcers of law, but when there are many more opposing their will,
it becomes too overwhelming to control.
And two more final examples, England was large and powerful, but their reach became too extensive and they were overwhelmed.
And finally Nazi Germany, Hitler easily could have had the largest country in Europe, but his power reached too far and he to
failed by overwhelming their forces.

There seems to be a tipping point that gives the victor their original opportunity, usually based on a failure of those that they opposed.

Just to clarify, this is not aimed at any one person in this, or any other thread. In fact, I see an often recurring issue across many threads and many members of NWFA.

Skimming this thread, I have to wonder, for those that so staunchly support the 2nd amendment, why is it that some are willing to toss the 1st into the trash? I get it, it's not fun to read opposing points of view, even less fun to debate (unless you're like me and you actually enjoy it). But this country's first right in the bill of rights came even before guns - freedom of speech, freedom of religion, freedom of assembly, freedom of the press and freedom to petition the government, all are freedoms that mean as much to me as the 2nd. I am quite shocked at times that folks who expect full freedom for gun ownership under the 2nd amendment are also in favor of some form of censorship, in opposition to the 1st amendment. I just don't get that.

Before anyone starts to explain things to me, I do understand quite well that the 1st amendment applies only to the government restricting our rights, and that this is a private site, owned by an individual, and he has a right to shut down speech here he doesn't like. There is a principle at work here that should be able to extend beyond the government to the individual. I think this site has been more than generous in allowing folks of differing points of view to freely express themselves here, even when it didn't exactly help the position of NWFA.

I, like others, will not use the 'ignore' button, nor do I want to see threads/topics shut down, or members silenced. I want to know what the opposition is thinking and saying. I want to hear their arguments and reasoning. Why? Because I need to be able to counter what they say, to other people I speak with, to folks on this forum, my family and others. If I don't know their thoughts and plans, how I can I be informed, or prepared. The free exchange and debate of ideas was, and is, a critical foundation of the freedom we have in this country. Silencing those we disagree with doesn't make their ideas go away or lose their impact, in fact, it can, and, at times, does, have the opposite effect. Have we lost the ability to be 'critical thinkers', only able to navigate in the little bubbles where people only say exactly what we want to hear?

Let me be clear, I thoroughly hate it when anyone actively works to take my rights away, and I will do what I can to try and counter such attacks on MY rights. But I'm not going to make part of my plan the stripping of rights from other folks. We're Americans, and though we may disagree strongly on many topics, we must work together to protect and maintain the ability to have those freedoms. Dammit, freedom is messy, it's dangerous, it's uncomfortable, and it's the only way I want to live.

So I'm glad that Joe and the mods make this site available to folks with varying points of view on the 2nd amendment. Since I don't get a balanced view on the why's and wherefore's about what people believe elsewhere, where can I go to better understand why people do what they do, vote how they vote, support who they support?

Sorry for the rant, but this attempt to shut down or silence points of view is, in my mind, a bad position to take. I'll stand up and fight for the right for people to share their opinions, even if I hate those opinions. It's what we should be doing.

Rant over. :s0137:

Always wanted to use that smiley

They are all civil rights, and should be embraced regardless of ones political aspirations. ( I too do not have anyone on ignore, been tempted :D)

The 'ignore' feature is a blessing.

Many moons ago, I listened to the loopy ideas leftists propose.

Their ideas are pernicious with zero new ones.

Crazies like 'aoc' thinks she's an original thinker...she isn't, she simply offers re-hashed/re-formatted nuttiness.

So, when my leftist (read re-packaged communist) contempto-meter is pinged, I simply hit the 'ignore' feature and chuckle...buh-bye.

Lucky me, I don't have to read further leftist posts once they're initially revealed - whoopee!!

Oh, if you're a lefty, don't bother trying to convince me to read your post as I already know what you have to say and nope, I don't agree...

As to the Global warming part of the thread, Let me make some points for every one to think on, wrap your heads around and judge for your selves!
Pre 1938, the world was tied to the hip of Coal as a fuel, we burned it in alarming amounts in every place to power every source of energy or motion, ships, trains, foundries, electrical power, ect........... Look at old photos of the large industrial areas of the maor cities all over Europe and America, looked like a war being fought with all the black soot in the air!
Around 1912, a major shift started when the Navies of the world begin switching to Oil as a fuel for propulsion and power generation through the new invention, the Steam Turbine. This was the start of the great arms race, and many countries were frantically trying to gain an edge over the others! Up until Germany and Japan kicked off WW2, things were still pretty bad as far as pollution goes, after the War kicked off, Pollution went off the charts, you thing the pre war era was bad, during the war was the worst the world had ever experienced, Billions ( that's right, Billions with a "B") of tons of Oil was spilled in our oceans, ships of all types insulated with asbestos and all sorts of other nastyness were sunk and begin releasing their toxins into the waters! There is no accurate data to claim how many millions of tons of crap was released into our air and water and soil during the time frame of WW2! Massive amounts that defies all thinking, and Yet, the earth absorbed it all up with no changes to the climate! The global warming sham cannot explain this, paid interests keep claiming the last 170 years of Mans industrialization has done much, but just the 8 years of WW2 did far far more damage, yet the earth recovered so fast as to show almost no measurable changes, why it this so? If Mans Orgy of Destruction that was WW2 was really as bad as we all know it was, why don't we see the results of damage to our climate and environment that the Warming theorists claim?

Ura-Ki,

Excellent food for thought, but the church of climate change worship can't be responded to with logic!

'Useful Idiots' have no truck with logic cuz to do so means one has to be a thinking adult.

The 'ignore' feature is a blessing.

Many moons ago, I listened to the loopy ideas leftists propose.

Their ideas are pernicious with zero new ones.

Crazies like 'aoc' thinks she's an original thinker...she isn't, she simply offers re-hashed/re-formatted nuttiness.

So, when my leftist (read re-packaged communist) contempto-meter is pinged, I simply hit the 'ignore' feature and chuckle...buh-bye.

Lucky me, I don't have to read further leftist posts once they're initially revealed - whoopee!!

Oh, if you're a lefty, don't bother trying to convince me to read your post as I already know what you have to say and nope, I don't agree...
Have to admit your blood pressure is probably better for it. My time fishing, I never wore hearing protection in the engine room, because I wanted to hear the first sounds of anything going wrong, so could fix before it went haywire. Same here. I like to hear how they think.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top