JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Be interesting to see how Joe's new rules/mods change the healthy, open discussion we have here.

More police and more laws work in the real world:rolleyes:, Just look at how peaceful and friendly people are in the real world. LOL

The concept is great, if is pulled off it could result in a better forum. Joe getting more mods is a good idea, there is a down side to having allot of mods as well. No way to know until it tried. I have operated forums, and groups, there were goods and bads with mods. I think its smart to kinda do this in a short amount of time. You wont please everyone politically, so its removal and seclusion may help this too. But we will no doubt have those that oppose this, and how they adjust will matter. The new mods have their work cut out for them, hope the pay is worth it :p:p.

It's interesting that someone feels "most Oregonians' don't have the need to defend themselves. Let's see...last year someone broke into a house in broad daylight only to be surprised the owner was home. The burglar grabbed a kitchen knife, the home owner his gun. In another instance a guy was shot in his home, again in broad daylight-a covert liaison gone wrong-the shooter ran for it-the area was cordoned off during a police search. And one night a police helicopter (flying so low it shook my house) was searching for some guy who killed his girlfriend and dismembered her. All within a 3-mile radius of my home. They found him hiding in a wooded area of a nearby apartment complex. And I live in a "nice neighborhood".

In the time it would take a police officer to get to my house, I maintain the right to defend myself if need be. When out and about with someone or alone, I maintain the right to defend myself if necessary. It only takes once. I don't live in fear, but at any given time any of us can be subject to someone else's insanity. To indicate "most Oregonians" don't need to defend themselves is inane, political persuasions aside. This train of thought is dangerous.

As difficult as it is to separate these types of stories politics, we as gun owners have to realize that if we want to retain the 2A we have to embrace anyone who supports it, regardless of their other politics. Like the rest of the Bill of Rights, the 2A should in no way be a partisan issue.

Tend to agree to a certain point...

As with all Individual Liberties; they shall be limitless and vigorously defended until.......until those "liberties" begin to interfere with the liberties or civil rights of another individual or group.

The moment when an individual or group conspires-to, seeks-to, or actually restricts the civil liberties of another individual or group, they loose my support.

Title 18, sections 241 & 242 of the US Code, support my position very well.

So, every time the ballots, bills, measures, judgements, laws; every time the protestors block traffic and destroy property, they are seeking to take away Individual Liberties of law-abiding citizens,
:s0082:
they are breaking Federal Law IMO; and have lost my support.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top