JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That reminds me of a story. In the early 90's again at ARPC. We played a little game called "Hit the milk jugs at 250 yards with a full auto MAC-10". It was a lot of fun trying to figure out your trajectory to lob a round down at the milk jug. I was able to hit the jug a couple of times with 3 round bursts.

:rolleyes: I hope that was not here in WA.........:rolleyes:

It sure was :rolleyes:. Built it myself 17-18 years ago on a form 2. You can have all kinds of fun as an 02/07 SOT in Washington. Gave up my license and cut up all the post samples years ago but I still shoot full auto one a month or so at the range on the other side of Yakima. 100% legal.

Funny thing is the first time time that I took that M11 out in the St Helens tree farm to try it out I was driving back and ran out of gas on I-5 between Kalama and Longview. I started walking back and had a bag slung over my shoulder with the M11/9 in it. A cop pulled up and asked me what I was doing. I told him I ran out of gas and was walking to the gas station a mile up the road. He put me in the back of his squad car and drove past the gas station up to the turn around and then 8 miles back to my car so he could get my registration and insurance before he would give me a ride up the road to the gas station where he dropped me off and drove off. The whole time I'm sitting in the back of his squad car with a machine gun. Worst cop ever.

Last Edited:
30+ years ago I had a rural place with a nifty hillside. Someone before I moved in had placed an old front-door washing machine at the top of a scrap pile.

Sighting in my scoped 22-250 on the big control knobs was little challenge, and the 'add soap' door flap was an easy target for a nice little group. At 100 yards it was impossible to miss making a nice little group. The machine would jump a little now & then, I guess from the impact on larger metal parts deep within.

Turning to my trusty 38x55 single shot buckhorn sight Stevens Model 44 1/2, I touched one round off into that same door flap. There was a large <SMACK>, the machine rocked back, then forward and tumbled off the pile, rolling down the slope & coming to rest upside down with the top off & various bits scattered over about 10 yards down the slope.

It was a pleasing response. Granted the 38x55 is a moderate round, still the 150gr of flat nose lead connected with something just right.

I loved that little magic walking stick, it had perfect balance & fit my eye perfectly. This was in the era I still could see well enough; it was a reliable destroyer of pop-can-ends out to about 100 yards. Beyond that gravity started affecting the trajectory more than I could figure reliably.

Last Edited:
Time flies but I have a friend who's the best off-hand shot with his 30-06 I've ever seen. Years ago were were deer hunting in E. Oregon, glassing the edge of some timber over on the next ridge. Out walks this big 5 point Muley that proceeded to browse while standing sideways to us.

My rangefinder said he was 600 yards out there. While I was trying to figure out a way to sneak up some, my friend stood up and said he was going to shoot him. Offhand he let fly with his rifle. The deer turned and simply walked back into the timber.

He said "Dang, I missed him." I said "I don't think so. It looked like he took a hard push sideways before he walked off. Let's go find him."

Sure enough, maybe 20 or 30 feet into where the deer entered the timber he was lying there, dead with a bullet through his heart.

With several semi autos and an HK MP5, 4 pos. selector, we put 2000 rounds into a refrigerator trying to open the door...never did open it. We also enjoy tannerite a lot. I clean out and save every milk jug, juice bottle, medicine bottle or anything that will hold tannerite or water for the range. Food coloring water looks good exploding in snow.

35 years ago my dad were out on one of our weekly shooting outings when we spotted a steel post with a big Master lock dangling from a chain. We decided to reproduce the commercial only instead of a "high powered rifle" we used his Winchester 1886 lever gun in 45-70. It started as a 40-82 but the barrel was so pitted we had it re-bored to 45-70. In the commercial the bullet goes right through the lock and hardly even deforms it. THIS TIME however it blew the lock apart. Opened it quite nicely. Still have both the lock and the gun!

speaking of vaporizing.....has anyone else discovered what happens to rude garden jays that don't outrun the speedy little 22-250 bearing down on them???

speaking of vaporizing.....has anyone else discovered what happens to rude garden jays that don't outrun the speedy little 22-250 bearing down on them???

Garden jay... is that a mockingbird? Anyway, same thing that happens to crows and yellow-bellied Marmots!

A neighbor kid where I grew up had a single shot .22 and just for kicks we would set a nickle up on the side boards of an abandoned railroad car and then place the end of the barrel right up against the coin.
Everyone would take a turn pulling the trigger and then we would all go chasing after the thimble shaped coin that was flung somewhere out into the gravel road.
Never once did we ever wonder where the bullet flew off too.

Me and a 2LT. had to do a training ex with the M203. Everybody that had one of them in the battalion got to shoot what was required and went back to the barracks. Somehow there was a lot of extra ammo, which of course could not be turned in. We shot those things for about 2 hours, lighting fires in the impact area and then putting them out. I went home that night with seriously bruised shoulders but it was a hell of al lot of fun. Ft. Lewis, 1974

I have a tae bo/kick boxing dummy that I shoot at. I named him Hank and he takes bullets like a champ. Most of the rounds dont pass through. Unfortunately I'm moving to LA at the end of the month and Hank needs a new home. Any takers?

A number of years ago, I had obtained possession of a couple of foam marker tanks. They looked very similar to propane tanks, but were low pressure and contained alot of red dyed marking foam. I took them up to a friends ranch in Montana. We put them out at about 300 yards away and shot them with a 45-70. What an absolute riot! That foam must have covered an entire acre! His wife came home later that afternoon and she was wondering just what the heck had happened out in that pasture. It was short lived fun, but spectacular fun!

I have a tae bo/kick boxing dummy that I shoot at. I named him Hank and he takes bullets like a champ. Most of the rounds dont pass through. Unfortunately I'm moving to LA at the end of the month and Hank needs a new home. Any takers?

If Hank needs a home still, I may be able to give him one

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top