JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've thought of getting one of those. Just out of curiosity, how secure would you say it is? Could someone get the gun out without damaging the gun? Or would trying to get it out likely damage the gun? I just like to avoid the thought of one of my own guns pointing at me when I get home, and that looks like a good option.

It's heavy sheet metal, I think the lock mechanism is very sturdy, both sides of the "door" have a bolt. Interior hinge. I don't remember what ga. I threw away the bitsy screws and bolted it to the stud with 3" lag bolts. If you had a lot of time and the proper tools you could open it. The shotgun would be marred up pretty bad. I have my moms old Mossberg riot gun in mine, so little monitary loss and it's as reliable as death!
BTW, my mom was a pistol!!! :D

It's heavy sheet metal, I think the lock mechanism is very sturdy, both sides of the "door" have a bolt. Interior hinge. I don't remember what ga. I threw away the bitsy screws and bolted it to the stud with 3" lag bolts. If you had a lot of time and the proper tools you could open it. The shotgun would be marred up pretty bad. I have my moms old Mossberg riot gun in mine, so little monitary loss and it's as reliable as death!
BTW, my mom was a pistol!!! :D

Thanks for the feedback :)

Like the idea of the ShotLock, that would be the catalyst to move me to a shotgun for home defense.

Having grade school kids around is the main reason one is not primary home defense today... Rather it's typically whatever I'm carrying that season...

I have a springfield XD 45 with a streamlight as primary and a 50 beowulf AR in a shotlock as backup. Yes, you break into my house you are getting shot with a 50 beowulf. Im not planning on having to go to your trial as your lawyer makes you out to be the victim.

f3SCbi3.jpg

Mossberg 500 12ga combat shotgun with Win PDX loads; those discs aren't going to kill the neighbors. Judge .410 handgun with PDX loads. Circuit Judge long gun .410 w/PDX. AR pistol with Shockwave stabilizer and soft point loads. Taurus .380 with Hydra Shock loads. Taurus .357 with Hydra Shock. Ruger SR9c with Hydra Shock. All others are target firearms that are in the gun safe. :)

One gun at a time out of the safe. My carry gun is in the holster before my glasses go on. My dog (the ferocious hound pictured, left) is second line of defense. First comes a quarter mile driveway, locked (and posted) gate. Unexpected visitors are not welcome. No wonder I have no friends!:D

All I'm going to say is that this came off my first line of home defense. If you get past him, then you will probably have to deal with my kids (think Home Alone... extreme). If you're lucky, I will get to you first. Then there will be police involved. Or maybe there won't..... Just saying.

View attachment 325380
Holy cow!!! It looks like a tribble!!! If Klingons decide to break into your home, the noise would drive them away!! :rolleyes:

Springfield XDm 9mm with a SilencerCo Osprey. With the red dot on it this thing is a tack driver. Last time I took it to an indoor range I was shooting 1/4" groups single handed with both my left and right hand.

2015-03-17 22.04.22.jpg

Oh, I've since had the barrel Cerakoted gold too.

It's changed a lot over the years. For a while it's a KT S2K in .40 has a nice light with Pressure switch. Then of course always a 1911 by the bed. When I'm not home Wife's is an old P-89 I keep loaded with the Speer 124+P's. She is becoming quite partial to the ASR in 9mm now too. She never did like the S2K I bought her but loves the ASR. We were just at the range with one kid who also liked the ASR a LOT. Guess we know what to get her for the next birthday. :D

Like the idea of the ShotLock, that would be the catalyst to move me to a shotgun for home defense.

Having grade school kids around is the main reason one is not primary home defense today... Rather it's typically whatever I'm carrying that season...

Yes, the children are the primary reason for the ShotLock.

"it's for the childrrrren!" :D

I also keep my carry pistol on the nightstand. It's on my belt till bedtime!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top