JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I haven't shot my AR15 in nearly a year because I can't afford to feed it. Now that ammo prices are falling to reasonable levels again, I'm starting to see some deals. I'm thinking about picking up a case of this for $195 shipped ($5 shipping with the dadsday promo code) but I wanted to check with you guys first to make sure I'm not buying crap :s0155:

<broken link removed>

I'd never shoot these in an AR. Steel cases in an aluminum reciever......not worth the chance...

T_H

I've always subscribed to this theory also, just to be on the cautious side. Besides, I like coming home from the range with a bag full of brass to reload.

I did find This little anecdote recently. The bottom line seems to be: it's perfectly fine for plinking and practice. Take it FWIW.

If the choice was to run cheap steel cases through my AR or let it sit all clean and pretty in the corner I would shoot the steel. I buy guns to shoot and worry very little about wear. Most AR owners will shoot a lifetime and never come close to shooting enough to wear out a rifle. I shot mountains of the old wolf ammo in my Bushmaster without any issues other than having to clean it more than with quality ammo. Now days I shoot mostly my reloads so I am shooting brass, but in a pinch I wouldn’t hesitate for a second on shooting this “crap” in my AR. :)

I've always subscribed to this theory also, just to be on the cautious side. Besides, I like coming home from the range with a bag full of brass to reload.

I did find This little anecdote recently. The bottom line seems to be: it's perfectly fine for plinking and practice. Take it FWIW.

That's indeed an interesting anecdote, and oddly enough, I have had strikingly similar experiences myself with Wolf steel-cased ammo, but only with the .223 caliber.

I've shot steel-cased (both lacquer- and polymer-coated) and brass-cased in either order, even mixing it in the same mags in all three of my 7.62x39's (Saiga, SKS, vz58) and not the slightest of problems occurred. Same with 7.62x54R, and again, 100% problem free. But with .223, steel caused problems.

I haven't shot my AR15 in nearly a year because I can't afford to feed it. Now that ammo prices are falling to reasonable levels again, I'm starting to see some deals. I'm thinking about picking up a case of this for $195 shipped ($5 shipping with the dadsday promo code) but I wanted to check with you guys first to make sure I'm not buying crap :s0155:

<broken link removed>

Buy it cheap and stack it deep.
I don't think you can go wrong at that price. If I didn't have .5.56/223 ammo already stacked up, I would buy a few cases.

I bought a case of this a few months ago. Only shot about a hundred rounds or so but I haven't had any failures through my ar-15. Stinks just like wolf and it is dirty, but who cares for 20 cents / round?

Joey ive put about 5 hundred rounds downrange of this stuff, not one misfire or other problem with it. Used it in my Bushmaster 16 inch HB patrolmans carbine, decent accuracy for wolf type ammo, and not all that dirty.
My freind had to adjust the gas setting on his MSAR to get it to function properly, but no problems once the gas regulator was adjusted.:s0155:

It wont hurt your guns, save the money and go for it! The only reason not to is if you dont like cleaning your rifle as much or you reload.

I shoot in the forest at a common shooting area over gravel, casings go everywhere, brass collection isnt worth it to me. Steel case is great for plinking.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top