JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I just bought 10 cases of the stuff...thanks for the link.

FYI, I thought they didn't have to charge you tax for out of state sales? I'm not really whinning about $4...but it's like when my FFL charged me tax for buying my rifle out of state....I mean really? All that is doing is going straight in his pocket.

The steel is very, very soft and can be resized in common reloading dies. It is coated also to keep it from rusting and to help protect the chamber. It used to be lacquer but now I think it's polymer.

The chamber and extractor are very much harder steel.

I wouldn't worry about it.

Tula .223 Ammunition
Item number: 9IS - 217275 Reg: $5.99 Sale: $3.79 50 boxes

Standard Express
Estimated delivery by Monday, 06/21/10 None $189.50
CAL/GAUG: .223 REM 55GR FMJ
This item is in stock.

Merchandise Total: $189.50
change shipping method Shipping and Handling Charges: $5.00
Taxes: $18.48
Amount Due: $212.98

Steel MAY not seal in the chamber as well as brass. There is a possibility that you may lose some pressure because of this. I don't know if it happens, or by how much. Most commercial grade AR's are over-gassed, so a little loss of pressure won't be an issue anyway.

At no time should the steel case come into contact with any aluminum. At worst, it will ding off the deflector.

The steel (And chrome) that it WILL come into contact with is MUCH harder. So, while shooting all steel all the time may wear an extractor faster than shooting brass, it won't be enough to cause too many problems for awhile.

I just sent a letter to all com-block countries and to the Taliban and Al-Queerdo warning them to stop using soft steel casings in battle, especially in select-fire mode.

I got letters back from every one of them thanking me for the heads-up, and saying that they will for sure switch to brass.

Glad to have been of so much help to them. :s0155:

[/sarcasm] :)

I just sent a letter to all com-block countries and to the Taliban and Al-Queerdo warning them to stop using soft steel casings in battle, especially in select-fire mode.

I got letters back from every one of them thanking me for the heads-up, and saying that they will for sure switch to brass.

You think you're pretty funny, huh? I'll have you know that those groups only use weapons that are manufactured with extremely durable steel manufactured to the world's most exacting specifications, unlike the crap used in AR-15s.

:s0114: :s0112:

You think you're pretty funny, huh? I'll have you know that those groups only use weapons that are manufactured with extremely durable steel manufactured to the world's most exacting specifications, unlike the crap used in AR-15s.

:s0114: :s0112:

Hey, I'm just trying to help out here. :D

I thought it was funny. :s0114::s0112::s0114:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR