JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well, I can tell you that it has 430 hp at the flywheel, all the big-name stuff on the engine - Holleys/Muncies - four on the floor and a clutch like a T-34 tank. Going down the hill into Yoojeen the bangin'and poppin' are truly wondrous to listen to.

Also does about 7 mpg, but who cares?

tac

I drive old stuff. 2004 Ford Crown Victoria, only car that I bought brand new had 6 miles on the odometer when I started home with it. It was left over from 2004 model year and I bought it in '05, got $7,000 off. Also have a 2006 Mercury Grand Marquis, has leather seats and little electric features that the '04 Ford doesn't have, but the Ford is the better car.

For a hauler, I don't have a truck. I have an old Ford station wagon. It's a 1972 Custom 500 Ranch Wagon, ex-USAF.

eaegiO9.jpg

SyW2amL.jpg

This one has a 351C 2V and FMX trans. 8 pax, three in front, three in middle, two facing each other in far back. These days, mostly the decking is folded down and only the front seat is exposed, the cargo area is for hauling stuff not people. Formerly assigned to the 62nd Airlift Wing at McChord AFB but also saw duty with the USAF element at Grant Co. Airport (Moses Hole). 177K miles.

1988 Toyota 4Runner...not much to look at but has an indestructible 22re engine (which is good because she's got 250,000 miles). Perfect island rig for Alaska.

One of the best motors ever made IMHO. I've got 2 w/the RE, an 85 4runner and a 94 X-cab 4x. The '85 only has about 125k on it but the 94 has over 300k. I've got a 96 Taco w/the 3RZ 2.7, it's got over 300k also, did a head gasket at 296k but didn't touch the bottom end. Not for speed but plenty of grunt to do what it needs when geared right.

One of the best motors ever made IMHO. I've got 2 w/the RE, an 85 4runner and a 94 X-cab 4x. The '85 only has about 125k on it but the 94 has over 300k. I've got a 96 Taco w/the 3RZ 2.7, it's got over 300k also, did a head gasket at 296k but didn't touch the bottom end. Not for speed but plenty of grunt to do what it needs when geared right.
My 2012 F-150 is getting close to 28,000. Need to keep my miles down. I change oil based on seasons. Just changed it a month ago, haven't driven it since, maybe tomorrow.

My 2012 F-150 is getting close to 28,000. Need to keep my miles down. I change oil based on seasons. Just changed it a month ago, haven't driven it since, maybe tomorrow.

That's some uber low miles, about 18 months on my commuter (20k+ a year). I have a '13 F150 w/67k on the Ecoboost, it sounds like a diesel w/the stinking timing chain rattle. Torques me off that I'm going to have to pay to replace the tensioner and chain when they should last much much longer if engineered properly. Parts aren't that expensive, labor is insane! I can do a 22re chain in a couple hours, replaced a head in about 4. There's not much I can or will do on these newer engines, too many specialized tools required.

New to me (you can see my old truck peeking out from behind the tree in the background). It'a ain't no <broken link removed>, but it it'll still get the job done.
upload_2018-3-13_8-28-54.jpeg

This one has a 351C 2V and FMX trans. 8 pax, three in front, three in middle, two facing each other in far back. These days, mostly the decking is folded down and only the front seat is exposed, the cargo area is for hauling stuff not people. Formerly assigned to the 62nd Airlift Wing at McChord AFB but also saw duty with the USAF element at Grant Co. Airport (Moses Hole). 177K miles.
FMX! That's what I was thinking of. Thanks for the correction gmerkt.
I remember these cars from when I was a little kid.
Glad to see one is still being used as a hauler. Do the work. -b

One of my uncles was a dealer rep for AMC for a bunch of years and would requisition any car he wanted the way he wanted it. He'd drive them for 5k miles then they went to the dealer. He used to call the Pacer the Pregnant Cow :)

Okay guys, I'm posting this here so I don't create a whole new thread for what I assume can be answered by some of you in the know.

I see cars with extreme negative camber on the road more and more lately. Turns out it's not just an accidental by-product of inexpertly lowering a car too much, but something the driver actually wants. Seems one name for it is Demon Camber. I see suspension kits sold online that enable an owner to not only adjust it, but take it far beyond what the stock control arms and rods would allow.

More than a few questions pass through my mind when I see this...
- How does it make a car handle?
- Doesn't it quickly destroy some really expensive looking wide tires?
- Do special tires exist designed just for that purpose?
- Is this stance specifically for drifting/hooning?
- Is it supposed to look like a Matchbox/Hotwheels somebody stepped on?

I try not to be the grouchy old guy who complains about everything I don't understand so I won't do that here. But I've gotta confess, something about this eludes me completely. I just don't get it.

Or maybe I do... Is this the automotive equivalent of jeans pulled down to expose one's underdrawers?

Class? Bueller?

camber question.jpg

Last Edited:
Yeah, it counteracts body lean and helps keep the tires on the road....but yeah, it does make those cars looks somewhat like an old VW Beetle that's been slammed...

Volkswagen-2017-Slammed-Vw-beetle...-StyleofNow.jpg

...:s0140:

Dean

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR