JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Old and new Concours. The green one is for sale or trade.

IMG_20170928_120442.jpg IMG_20170928_120603_hdr.jpg

I figured you'd build your own bed..
I assume you'll want a flat bed tool box combo?

I would like to build my own bed... But I cant afford to. You can buy a nice bed for $2500. It takes about $1800 in materials and takes a week which is about $3400 in labor and it still needs painted. So the decision to buy a bed for $2500 VS build one for closer to $6000 is pretty easy.

Which consequently is a great example. I get guys all the time that come in and say "I can buy this trailer for $5000 and I was wondering if you could build me one cheaper?" Hell no I cant. You have a shop set up as a production line using fixtures and jigs to build trailers, who is buying truckloads of trailer parts at a time and is using cheap, unskilled labor to mass produce a product in a highly competitive market.... And you think a skilled laborer with no jigs, buying one set of parts and having to figure everything out as they go can build it cheaper? When I looked into building a 14,000# tilting equipment trailer for myself what I found was the cost of the equipment and materials was within $1000 of what I could buy a trailer for... And it would have taken me at least two weeks to build the trailer. In that two weeks doing other work I could make enough money to buy a trailer.

If I had a hobby shop that didn't have to make money I would build my own bed (I have built several of my own in the past and they were all better than what you can buy).... These days though I simply can't afford my own work. You won't find any high end forged railings or gates at my house either.

Drive a 1992 Taurus SHO. Also have a 1990 Supercoupe, 1944 GPW (jeep), 1953 Dodge M37 3/4 ton, and a 2006 1/2 ton Dodge quad cab piece of scheisse.
I had a 93' SHO. We called it quicksilver(because it was silver and fast;)) I loved that car. I'd have a hard time passing on another gen 2 SHO if I ever came across one in decent shape with low miles. That Yamaha V6 is one of the most under rated motors ever built.

I had a 93' SHO. We called it quicksilver(because it was silver and fast;)) I loved that car. I'd have a hard time passing on another gen 2 SHO if I ever came across one in decent shape with low miles. That Yamaha V6 is one of the most under rated motors ever built.
Kick butt sleeper cars for sure. I like it becase it's an extremely capable and comfortable car for long distance trips. This is my 4th SHO. Bought one new in 1991, sold it when I left the Army. Couple years later I bot another 1991. Sold it off when I moved to Kentucky. Bought a 1992 in 2006. Got rid of it, then later picked up another 1992 non sun roof car and still have that. Ford no longer makes sunroof seals for the older cars. Not good in WA state.

My new ride...Long distance comfort was the #1 factor in choosing it... The 93' SHO was my first car that had all the comfort options like leather bucket seats, climate control, and power everything... and every car I've had since was held to that standard... this is the first car that gave me the same "wow". I've already logged 4,000 miles across 6 states since I bought it a little over a week ago, and am planning on taking off again maybe as soon as this weekend for a few thousand more.

IMG_3436.JPG IMG_3730.JPG 1C01455F-1BB3-4D75-A499-3BC742165092-371-000000B3A8498568_tmp.jpg 335829D9-08EC-4068-B2E9-214E81024DA7-371-000000B51DFC004F_tmp.jpg

I'm always curious to know what everyone drives.

I have a 2000 Toyota 4Runner Limited with an ARB Bull Bumper and a Warn M8000 winch. While I love owning it, I don't drive it enough, so it's up for sale.

Next is Jenny's car, a 2002 Hyundai Accent. One of the best decisions we've ever made was purchasing this car. Jenny has a 50 mile round trip commute and the 38MPG highway really takes some of the pain away from the pump. I know why these cars sell for $8k new, and it's not because they're bad cars. Working on them, you can see how they streamlined the assembly process to the point where everything fits together like lego's. Very smart, and good for me when I'm working on it.

(No photo, you guys know what these look like)

Third is my 1989 BMW 325i convertible. This is the fifth or sixth E30 BMW Jenny and I have owned, and they really are amazing little cars. I pulled the motor out of it to reseal all the gaskets last year and as of today, the engine is still apart. Hopefully it'll be done in time to enjoy the last bit of summer.

Fourth is this 1991 BMW 525i. I bought this from the second owner with 123,xxx miles on it. It sat for quite a while and no joke, must have had a 1/4 inch of leaves and dirt in every crevice possible. I was literally shocked once Jenny and I got it to the shop and cleaned it up, it's one of the cleanest and straightest E34's I've ever seen.

What a great question!! I have a newer 650i BMW Convertible for around town, and a newer lifted 4x4 Dodge ram 1500 short bed with fender flares, monster tires, bull bar, custom dash, amazing sound system for camping/hunting. I am in the market now for a Tesla --I have always secretly wished to own a gigantic several bay garage for my cars, with a bedroom and kitchenette on land, rather than a real house! Cars are like shoes.......(well so are guns...) the more the merrier. I was really agonizing over a Porsche and a Tesla, used of course, as the Porsche is generally cheaper, but I love love love Solar ....and an electric car with my solar panels makes WAY so much sense!!

xena2lex,

They do make multiple car garages with "shop/office" connected to them. The "shop/office" is often pretty small, but for what you just laid out it might be perfect.
...in fact, what do you think about this one?
Notice the size of the "office"...and there's even a full head!
Beauty. =)

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads