JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
'16 Ram 2500

5680C85F-4009-4CCC-92E6-C3B4902CEE83.JPG

I like the idea of no sunroof. In addition to extra headroom it keeps the weight down. Good luck finding one at a dealer. I had to order mine from the factory just to avoid the auto tranny, sunroof, and all sorts of other unnecessary garbage like a backup camera.

Backup camera is an essential at this point, it aids in hooking up trailers and in seeing behind me.

Sunroofs introduce an avenue for seals to fail and leaks to develop IMO. Its one of those looks good on paper type of things.

I just bought a 2005 Ford Ranger standard cab RWD for a work truck. Keep the miles down on the WRX and can take it up in the woods and beat it up a bit and not feel guilty. I've been doing long overdue maintenance on it all morning. New front pads, new rear shoes and drums, new shocks all the way around, new plugs and wires and the rear dif is draining as I type this. Whew, time to crack open a cold one!

This past Wednesday I traded my '05 Mazda B4000 4x4 in on a new '17 Ford F150 STX 4x4 Supercab. The Mazda/Ranger just turned 60K miles, so it was still in excellent shape, but I want to be able to tow a trailer and the little guy just wouldn't be up to the task.
I'd been watching a Ford commercial for a month or so that advertised the STX at an amazing price, so I called the local Ford folks and it was legit, so I went for it.
I was kind of skeptical about the Ecoboost engine, but I'm becoming a believer. It's a 2.7L V6 with twin intercooled turbos putting out 325 Horsepower. It has that slight turbo lag while it spools up, but then it gets on it pretty impressively. It remains to be seen how it tows.

DSCN0290.JPG

Kruejl,

5-speed or Automatic?

...Eaton makes a Truetrac for that axle, too. :s0155:

Automatic. The clutch cylinders on the manuals are INSIDE the stinking trans housing and are notorious for letting go. When they do, you have to drop the trans. No thanks.

Mine shifts well and the fluid was good and not burned. I JUST added Lucas rear dif fluid after letting the RTV set up overnight.

The clutch cylinders on the manuals are INSIDE the stinking trans housing and are notorious for letting go. When they do, you have to drop the trans. No thanks.
Yes, I'm finding that out!
Glad to hear your truck is working out for you. They're not bad to drive and have a ton of room inside the cab (well, that would be in comparison to my old '89 B2200).

Dean

Yes, I'm finding that out!
Glad to hear your truck is working out for you. They're not bad to drive and have a ton of room inside the cab (well, that would be in comparison to my old '89 B2200).

Dean

Yeah, it drives really nice now. Starts right up every time and drives straight and smooth. 163k on the clock. I doubt I'll put even 10k a year on it so it should last a while. :)

Yeah, I've had my '98 since spring of 2012 and in that time I've only put something like 35-40K on it.
Even though its a bit of a high mileage truck (180K+ total), it still works good (when the clutch allows the shifter to work, that is).
Just filled the tank this morning and it returned almost 28 mpg.
...colour me very happy. :)

Dean

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top