JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This past Wednesday I traded my '05 Mazda B4000 4x4 in on a new '17 Ford F150 STX 4x4 Supercab. The Mazda/Ranger just turned 60K miles, so it was still in excellent shape, but I want to be able to tow a trailer and the little guy just wouldn't be up to the task.
I'd been watching a Ford commercial for a month or so that advertised the STX at an amazing price, so I called the local Ford folks and it was legit, so I went for it.
I was kind of skeptical about the Ecoboost engine, but I'm becoming a believer. It's a 2.7L V6 with twin intercooled turbos putting out 325 Horsepower. It has that slight turbo lag while it spools up, but then it gets on it pretty impressively. It remains to be seen how it tows.

View attachment 386951
My 2012 is a 3.5 Ecoboost with 3.73 gears, feels like I could tow a Elephant
You got a nice rig.

I drive an older 1st generation Toyota Tundra, and a nondescript Camry.
I am seriously considering replacing the Camry with an 2000 Land Cruiser, or LX470

Update: I sold the Camry and replaced it with this 2007 RWD 5.7L regular cab short bed Toyota Tundra.
IMG_0897.JPG

...still gettin' it on with Whitey Ford....

MyTruck_NewTires.jpg

...plus, I think I've finally figured out the sloppy clutch pedal problem.
Shy of tearing the whole thing apart and replacing an otherwise perfectly good clutch and t'out, I've found that tapping on the pedal just at the point to where the resistance starts, it seems to pop the slack out of it and I don't have the shifting problems I've been encountering.
I realize its a Band-Aid, at best, but if it continues to work as effectively as it has, it will suffice until the time comes when the clutch actually needs replacing.

Dean

My neighbor keeps asking to buy my old ranger. Told him it would cost too much to replace it:D. If they ever come out with that jeep pu I may have to get rid of it.
IMG_1584_zpstxayi4j6.jpg

I'd trade back for my ol' Mazda (seen below) in a heartbeat (I had Ol' Betsy for almost 21 years and she was just fine when I let her go. Shoulda just slapped another engine into it. That's all she needed)...or a Toyota of similar vintage (to either truck, and one day, I shall own one!).

Truck2.JPG
toyota-pickup-1989-1.jpg
7865.jpg

Last Edited:
Most days it's a 94 geo prism workhorse. Paid $300. A quarter million miles and no sign of slowing down.

The other is my favorite, 1988 Toyota 4 runner. 4 cylinder of course. Poptop.

Neither one turns heads but there paid off and get me a to b.

If you want to go to the jungle, get a land rover.
If you want to get out get a land cruiser.

A better look at my Tundra project... I rescued this truck with 270,000 original miles. All indications are that the truck was used as a farm truck that rarely saw pavement. I am setting it up for pavement, and the TRD supercharger was a real possibility until I saw the current price - nope.
IMG_0909.JPG

Last Edited:
IMG_0002.JPG I daily drive a 1978 F250. With a mildly built 460. Just recently installed a cvf racing serpentine belt set up with all the upgrades for ease of maintaince out in the boonies. I like em old school..

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top