JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It was a photo posting error, most likely.
1660998103377.png

Nope, that steering wheel is clearly on the left.

Wake up, America! The steering wheel is on the left, like a real car.
Sure looks like it's on the right to me... or else that guy is really flexible and that's one helluva a long lean from the driver's seat... o_O

1661017381347.png

Last Edited:
Grew up as a kid in a crawfishing boat on the Multnomah Channel so steering from the right side wouldn't be a problem.
Had a Toyota 4x4 from Japan, diesel, that was an awesome rig, right side drive should never had sold it.

A van fan. Led the 'Vanlife' in the 80s back before it was cool and everyone was buying up camper vans at 2x normal pricing.
The Mandate Freedom sticker got a lot of middle finders in 2020. Just amazing that the virtual signaling, diaper crowd would rebel against freedom, but oh well.

Capture.JPG

A van fan. Led the 'Vanlife' in the 80s back before it was cool and everyone was buying up camper vans at 2x normal pricing.
The Mandate Freedom sticker got a lot of middle finders in 2020. Just amazing that the virtual signaling, diaper crowd would rebel against freedom, but oh well.

View attachment 1263519
I lived out of my 1973 Chevy Vega GT Station Wagon during the summer of 1986.
I still refer to it as "The Summer I went Camping".
Good times. =)
Currently contemplating buying a camping trailer as my new home, but a van still intrigues me as well. Possibly left over yearning from the 70's when the van thing first hit.

Last Edited:
's'84 S15 is my knockaround truck. It's got the Isuzu 2.2 powerhouse diesel and 5spd so it averages over 30 mpg. Wife's dad bought it new Dec 1983.

View attachment 1263670
Back in the early 90's I worked on the big trucks and one of our shop trucks was an early Ford Ranger.
Although I'd always heard the diesel versions came with a Perkins engine, this one had the same C223 Isuzu diesel your S15 has.
Good little engine. Always ran and kept up with traffic.
I hoped to get that truck for my dad when it went up for sale, but it went to the evening shop manager instead.

I'm always curious to know what everyone drives.

I have a 2000 Toyota 4Runner Limited with an ARB Bull Bumper and a Warn M8000 winch. While I love owning it, I don't drive it enough, so it's up for sale.

Next is Jenny's car, a 2002 Hyundai Accent. One of the best decisions we've ever made was purchasing this car. Jenny has a 50 mile round trip commute and the 38MPG highway really takes some of the pain away from the pump. I know why these cars sell for $8k new, and it's not because they're bad cars. Working on them, you can see how they streamlined the assembly process to the point where everything fits together like lego's. Very smart, and good for me when I'm working on it.

(No photo, you guys know what these look like)

Third is my 1989 BMW 325i convertible. This is the fifth or sixth E30 BMW Jenny and I have owned, and they really are amazing little cars. I pulled the motor out of it to reseal all the gaskets last year and as of today, the engine is still apart. Hopefully it'll be done in time to enjoy the last bit of summer.

Fourth is this 1991 BMW 525i. I bought this from the second owner with 123,xxx miles on it. It sat for quite a while and no joke, must have had a 1/4 inch of leaves and dirt in every crevice possible. I was literally shocked once Jenny and I got it to the shop and cleaned it up, it's one of the cleanest and straightest E34's I've ever seen.
I drive my wife crazy.

I lived out of my 1973 Chevy Vega GT Station Wagon during the summer of 1986.
I still refer to it as "The Summer I went Camping".
I've been very poor and well off, back and forth in my life, but the happiest year of my life was exploring the West Coast in the VW Van with two dogs. 42 years ago. Hard to wrap my head around that, but it truly is proof (for me) that money cannot buy happiness.
Jay Leno has a good quote - "Money won't make an unhappy person happy, but it will make a happy person happier."

Really considering going back to the van life in a couple years and I don't have to - but I want to .........

Last Edited:
And I wasn't aware that Rangers got this same engine. Interesting.
They didn't.
They got the same engine that went into the Mazda, which was designed and built by Perkins.
A 4.135, to be precise.
They built it on Mazda's request, as a small high speed diesel, for Mazda's trucks.
The Ranger and the B series were the only trucks they went in and when the diesel mini truck experiment died in '85, so did that engine.
It's achilles heel was the cylinder head.
Much like the smaller Cummins V8's (470, 504, 555), the head was quite short, giving it a "thin" profile.
They cracked, and often.
I met a guy about 20 years ago that had a Mazda diesel truck and while he loved it when it was running, he knew those cylinder heads were getting rare and showed me his "stash" of about 10 or so heads, because he knew through owning that truck, that eventually, the head was going to crack.
I believe the Ranger we had at that truck shop had the Isuzu engine because that truck had been re-engined.
We had a contract with Isuzu (among others) and I think when the head went on that Ranger, they just had us plop a similar Isuzu engine in it, which just happened to be the C223.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top