JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't have the cool stories you guys have. But, back when I bought my Challenger, muscle cars were dirt cheap and everywhere! I had pick of the litter back then, A 71 Nova SS, a 69 Camaro SS, more Chevelles then I care to remember, and Big blocks coming out of every corner, take your pick! I decided I was a Mopar guy, and I wanted a 1964 Plymouth Fury big block car, or a 66 Charger Big Block. Spent all school year and summer looking, but didn't find a one. Two blocks from home was this horrible looking Challenger with it's Crager Coke Bottles and flat tires sitting under a tarp in the drive way. I had walked past it hundreds of times and only ever thought of it as an old busted up muscle car never knowing what a absolute gem it was. One day I saw the old man who lived there outside and decided to ask about the car, and he told me the whole story of how it came to be, and why it was sitting there, and that yes, he would sell it if I wanted it! We agreed on the price and he would help me load all the spare parts he had gathered and move the car to my home.
What I had bought turned out to be a super rare package delete car. The local Dodge dealer was famous for special ordering high performance cars and beating the factory's package rules. Turns out my car was ordered as a base model and outfitted with all the Drag Pack and R/T goodies, but was only really a base model, however, as a big block car, the factory had to make it offically an R/T to get the books to add up for the bosses! My car arrived at the dealer with the 360 Hp 440 with 4 speed hurst pistol grip shifter, Holly 835 4 Bbl carb, HD radiator, Hd front suspension and brakes, and stiffer bushings. It has the famous dana 60 rear with 3.93 gears and full locker with the scat pack drag shocks and springs, and bars and it was factory narrowed 4 inches each side. It has the factory drag pack side exhaust, and one of the super rare factory screw ups, the T/A rear valance with no exhaust cut outs, which makes my car super rare! It is also a stripe delete and vinal top delete car, and no performance hood! It was also ordered forest green metallic with the full black interior with the SE trim and center console! Lastly, the stock wheels wouldn't work, and the Rally's were not wide enough, so they fitted it with the Police Interceptor Wheels (15X8 fronts and 15X10 rears) and hubcap's from one of the pickups, it looks amazing like that! It actually only cost $360 more then the standard R/T, but because it was never listed on paper, the insurance companies didn't know what it was, and the buyers would be saving a metric ton in premiums!
Stock, she would rip through the Quarter in just a hair over 11 seconds @ 122 mph, with actual slicks, drag tuning and the front bars loosened up, she could break into the 10s pretty easy, and hit 130+ in the 1/4! She is fast, real fast. That big 440 will out rev all other big blocks, and while it never had the torque of some, it would out pull most. In fact, the only ones that could beat it was the Buick 455 stage 1, the light weight Hemi Cuda, or the 69 Vette 454! There were a few that came close, like the Super Cobra Jet Mustang and Thunderbolts, but very few! There were rumored to be a couple of factory light weight Hemi race cars roaming around the streets the Dodge dealers sons would creep around and get races, and then when the poor schlub lost, they would tell him all about the dealerships abilities to get you a winning car, and thus drive sales! Seemed to have worked, they were well known for selling these special order hotrods!
Back when I got this old beat up Muscle car, no body wanted them, no body cared, they were too expensive to drive, to expensive to insure and too expensive to maintain! They were loud, obnoxious, smelled like fuel, oil, and burning rubber, and I wouldn't trade it for the world!
Ura-Ki wins. ;)
That car sounds amazing....sounds like you still have it, too.
Smart of you not to sell it. Most Chrysler products from that time are worth a mint now.

Dean

Ura-Ki wins. ;)
That car sounds amazing....sounds like you still have it, too.
Smart of you not to sell it. Most Chrysler products from that time are worth a mint now.

Dean
Ha. Yea, I have kept it all these years, it's just a cool car to me, and I don't really care what the value of it has become. I never bought it for any other reason but to enjoy and have fun, plus, it wasn't really worth much back when I bought it! I was in shock when the values went through the roof during the early 90's, never thought I would see the days when cars like this would be worth 6 figures! Not that any of that matters ( unless god forbid I ever had to replace it) I just drive it the way it was meant to be driven and enjoy the hell out of it! Nothing compares to the sound of that 440 cranking up and those first cylinders hit, and ground shakes and car alarms go off all around, audio sex!

...as it should be, Ura-Ki.
Your engine noise comment is interesting, though.
I remember there was a can-am tractor pulling circuit around here in the 80's and I remember watching all these trucks pull that sled at the Fairgrounds in Silverdale.
You could tell what engine each truck was running (regardless of make of truck), by how it sounded.
Chrysler's scream, Chevy's roar, Ford's rumble.

Last Edited:
Brought home my dream truck last night...
View attachment 787519View attachment 787518
I put nearly 100k on MY EDGE(click here) in 3 years... and if it weren't for Covid it would have been a lot more... Zero complaints. I'd still be driving it if I coulda buffed the scratches out... I am alive today because of the safety features and how well it held up in a highway speed jump and roll.
View attachment 787515
I would have just bought another one, but variety is the spice of life and I can't rightly trade in the wife...;)

As for the new member of the fam.. 13' (same year as the Edge was) F-150 FX4... LOADED with every feature available on an f-150, and y'all know how I love my red on black:cool:
View attachment 787520

Holy crap Brother, I have not been out of the classifieds and reloading section for more than a month or two and then to see what happens in the world. Thankful that you are still with us, you got a good monkey watching over you Bro...:D
You have good taste in vehicles.;)

Tesla Model 3 long range, dual motor with full self drive capability.

20201229_110938.jpg 20201229_110948.jpg 20201229_110927.jpg

Not sure of I've posted here yet. I drive a 1986.5 Nissan Hardbody pickup. Little bitty single cab short box 4wd with a new school Nissan 3.3L V6 and I'm currently looking for the stuff to supercharge it. If anyone knows of or has a supercharged frontier they needs a home I need a donor vehicle.

The old mini truck is basically my toy now. Dailied it for at least 10 years. Now I daily a 2003 Audi A4 Avant. 3.0 V6, AWD on sports suspension, tuned and a 6 speed manual tranny! Not the fasted thing in the world but crazy smooth and sticks like a fly on flypaper in the turns. Especially after adding Koni Sports Adjustable shocks. Mmmm.

You run Michelin's on that Audi?
Used to. Had Pilot Sport AS3 tires on it. I got maybe 20k miles out of them. I now have Conti ExtremeContact DWS 06 tires. The AS3s were super sketchy in the snow and useless on ice. They were super sticky on dry and wet though. I make a lot of trips over from I5 to HWY97 so the DWS are a better choice. I can still tear up the turns (not quite as much), they are quieter, wear better (60k warranty vs 30k) and I don't feel like I'm gonna die in 1/2 inch of snow.

Used to. Had Pilot Sport AS3 tires on it. I got maybe 20k miles out of them. I now have Conti ExtremeContact DWS 06 tires. The AS3s were super sketchy in the snow and useless on ice. They were super sticky on dry and wet though. I make a lot of trips over from I5 to HWY97 so the DWS are a better choice. I can still tear up the turns (not quite as much), they are quieter, wear better (60k warranty vs 30k) and I don't feel like I'm gonna die in 1/2 inch of snow.
Those AS3's sound like a set of GT-200's I had back in the 80's...except yours actually grip in dry and wet pavement. :rolleyes:

8A361799-CB02-491A-93C2-104D0E48C0DB.jpeg
A mommy wagon. But it's a tdi with six speed manual. My other ride is the Toyota t100 in front of it. It's a five speed manual. I like manuals.

then there are the motorcycles.:)

Last Edited:
I love wagons, too. I've noticed I like cars that can be slept in. I flew to Phoenix, AZ to get this one. It was fairly priced and is in pretty nice condition.
A good rig with a stick is hard to find these days. My dad and I flew to Denver to get an Audi sedan with a stick for my mom. Was apparently the closest one with the setup she wanted.

I drive an A4 Avant with a 6 speed. I got lucky and found it in Albany. Coming from a truck I love the utility of a wagon. Besides, a slightly lowered sleeper wagon is BA!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top