JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Nope I was wrong it looked like this .
Silver cloud .
Like I said I don't remember the date of it something between 60s and 70s. 16255502-1965-rolls-royce-silver-cloud-iii-std.jpg

Crazy what people will pay for a car.
The Grand Sobo didn't buy it. He took it in as collateral on a loan he made to, coincidentally, the same person from whom I purchased the aforementioned Spider.
Since it is unlikely that the debtor (the owner of a luxury car repair and restoration shop, specializing in Rolls, Bentley, and Italian sports cars) will ever be able to repay the loan, the Rolls basically belongs to my father now. Upon his expiry, it will then become my Rolls.
The vehicle is being preserved in the repair shop's showroom at present, but when I inherit it, I fully intend to drive it like I stole it. :D

I just looked up the vehicle in my dad's trust papers, of which I have a copy.
It is not a Silver Spirit as I thought. It is in fact a 1986 Rolls-Royce Corniche II convertible, in white.
Looks something like this:
1986-rolls-royce-corniche-ii.jpg

Last Edited:
I once had the opportunity to buy (and could actually afford) Billy Joel's first Rolls Royce, and also Anna Nicole Smith's Rolls.
But I eschewed both and I ended up buying, and then restoring, the Fiat Spider Pinanfarina that I talk about here.

But I will have a Rolls one day. The Grand Sobo has a Silver Spirit in storage that I will inherit on the day he takes his final drive...
All you have to do is get in and close the door....THEN, you will realize a Rolls isn't just another car, its an experience.
I would love to have one, as well.

Dean

Last Edited:
All you have to do is get in and close the door and THEN, you will realize a Rolls isn't just another car, its an experience.
I would love to have one, as well.
I actually took Billy Joel's first Rolls for a test drive. As you opined, it was an experience - dare I say religious and surreal in nature.
But I eschewed the Rolls, since I thought I would go broke on repair bills to keep it running. They are pretty finicky cars...
I instead fell in love with and bought the little Fiat Spider Pinanfarina that I have since had restored to it's heyday beauty.

There's a long story behind why I had to have that Spider, and it goes all the way back to 1974 when the Grand Sobo bought one just like it one brand new while we were living in Italy. He had it shipped to the US when we repatriated and ended up in northern Virginia. The Grand Sobo went on TDY to the Middle East (again) a few years later, about the time that Yours Truly was turning 18, and that's where the story takes a turn towards the Dark Side... :oops:

The Grand Sobo didn't buy it. He took it in as collateral on a loan he made to, coincidentally, the same person from whom I purchased the aforementioned Spider.
Since it is unlikely that the debtor (the owner of a luxury car repair and restoration shop, specializing in Rolls, Bentley, and Italian sports cars) will ever be able to repay the loan, the Rolls basically belongs to my father now. Upon his expiry, it will then become my Rolls.
The vehicle is being preserved in the repair shop's showroom at present, but when I inherit it, I fully intend to drive it like I stole it. :D

I just looked up the vehicle in my dad's trust papers, of which I have a copy.
It is not a Silver Spirit as I thought. It is in fact a 1986 Rolls-Royce Corniche II convertible, in white.
Looks something like this:
View attachment 759338

My mom has an old Mercedes SL450 convertible coupe with the removable hard top that she rarely drives anymore. I took it for a Sunday drive once with the top down and it was a blast.

I offered to pull it out of the garage earlier this summer and take it on a weekend road trip with my girlfriend. Thought it would be fun. Dad had the hard top re-installed on it for storage and when I tried to get in with the hard top on, I couldn't. I'm 6'2" and 300lbs and couldn't contort myself to get in. :oops:

Beautiful car in mint condition, but I can't fit in it.

T7ouYGEjSsK2ybt5fMhruw.jpeg

Brought home my dream truck last night...
C996995D-70AE-42EC-AA50-168588E79535.jpeg 4A7D1D66-0E42-4BF3-B0E8-689FFBE917D5.jpeg
I put nearly 100k on MY EDGE(click here) in 3 years... and if it weren't for Covid it would have been a lot more... Zero complaints. I'd still be driving it if I coulda buffed the scratches out... I am alive today because of the safety features and how well it held up in a highway speed jump and roll.
C18AD760-9277-41D6-8C06-AA49C14EAB34.jpeg
I would have just bought another one, but variety is the spice of life and I can't rightly trade in the wife...;)

As for the new member of the fam.. 13' (same year as the Edge was) F-150 FX4... LOADED with every feature available on an f-150, and y'all know how I love my red on black:cool:
3E203061-72C6-4046-B8E7-09E02FF053B5.jpeg

Brought home my dream truck last night...
View attachment 787519View attachment 787518
I put nearly 100k on MY EDGE(click here) in 3 years... and if it weren't for Covid it would have been a lot more... Zero complaints. I'd still be driving it if I coulda buffed the scratches out... I am alive today because of the safety features and how well it held up in a highway speed jump and roll.
View attachment 787515
I would have just bought another one, but variety is the spice of life and I can't rightly trade in the wife...;)

As for the new member of the fam.. 13' (same year as the Edge was) F-150 FX4... LOADED with every feature available on an f-150, and y'all know how I love my red on black:cool:
View attachment 787520

Glad you are still with us!

:s0155:

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR