JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Couple of our rigs we have a around here

20200305_151526.jpg 20200808_103204.jpg

Was rear ended last Tuesday, I was coming to a stop on Columbia blvd and this dude in his 2014 Silverado 2500 smashes into me at 40mph plus. Needless to say my Escalade was destroyed. Waiting for insurnace fallout to happen and my lawyer is dealing with the other party. I only had her for a year now she is dead, but ill buy her back and pull the engine for some other project.

Glad to hear you didn't get seriously hurt Cucv; rear ended at 40+ mph doesn't always end well.

Geebus! Sue the phuq outta the guy! I'll give anyone 10:1 odds he was texting/talking handheld.
I have been nearly T-boned 3 times in the past 15 years by people croozin' through stop signs/red lights talking/texting.
They act like I'm the one in the wrong when I screech to a halt in the middle of intersection and blast the horn at them. I'm the guy with the green light, FFS!!! :mad::mad::mad:

They act like I'm the one in the wrong when I screech to a halt in the middle of intersection and blast the horn at them. I'm the guy with the green light, FFS!!! :mad::mad::mad:

Whenever I drive to the nearby college town, I have to be on high alert for not only students randomly walking into traffic, but every manner of bad driving.

They will stop in the middle of an intersection for no reason. They will go on a red light and stop for a green light. If you dare honk at them, they will flip you off and scream at you.

Just last night on my way home from a party, I was going 30 in a 35 and nearly hit a student dressed in all black jaywalking in the middle of the road. My girlfriend gasped as I swerved at the last second. Neither of us had seen him until he was 30' away.

The stupidity level on display every time I go to town is just incredible.

I almost hit a group of people in PDX, pouring rain, dark and no real street light. They were all dressed in dark clothing with black umbrellas. They walked out of a bar on the street corner that I was turning right on after stopping at the light. They didn't even stop to look, just kept on walking/jogging from the bar to the crosswalk. I suppose that they didn't want to get wet and were in a hurry.

It was very close and probably would have been blamed on me. Testosterone rush for sure.

Couple of years ago, I was making a right turn off of interstate ave. to go down to Swan Island, some dumb arse on a bike kicked out the tail light on my Pickup because he thought he had the right of way, even though I was there first, signaling to turn, and had come to a stop, none the less, he thought it his right to kick my truck! Portland's finest saw him do it, and until I got out of my truck, they were not going to do a thing about it! After a few choice words, they came and stopped what was going to be an epic arse whuppin on that bike rider. He got a ticket, but nothing else, no insurance, no nothing, so I got to spend my hard earned money to repair the damage to my truck! :mad::mad::mad:

What really pizzed me off was that the bike riders have gone full nazi, they have all the rights, and motorists have to not only know all the new laws, but basically have to not drive anywhere near the bikes, even though the roads ARE for motorists!

Couple of years ago, I was making a right turn off of interstate ave. to go down to Swan Island, some dumb arse on a bike kicked out the tail light on my Pickup because he thought he had the right of way, even though I was there first, signaling to turn, and had come to a stop, none the less, he thought it his right to kick my truck! Portland's finest saw him do it, and until I got out of my truck, they were not going to do a thing about it! After a few choice words, they came and stopped what was going to be an epic arse whuppin on that bike rider. He got a ticket, but nothing else, no insurance, no nothing, so I got to spend my hard earned money to repair the damage to my truck! :mad::mad::mad:

What really pizzed me off was that the bike riders have gone full nazi, they have all the rights, and motorists have to not only know all the new laws, but basically have to not drive anywhere near the bikes, even though the roads ARE for motorists!
I love the bicycle mantra:

I'm a pedestrian (crosswalk/sidewalk), now I'm a motor vehicle (anywhere on the road), now I'm a bicyclist (with green safety squares, my own lane and all of the right of way), all in the space of a few blocks.

Don't get me started on the green squares and a bicyclist's ability to screw up traffic. They should wait in line with the rest of the vehicles.

I had a bicyclist riding on the sidewalk and all of a sudden riding in the crosswalk in front of me. I had to slam on the brakes and yelled at him. His reply was - I've got the right of way. If not on a busy street, I would have tried to catch him and relieved him of his bicycle privileges. It was also in the part of PDX where bicycles are not supposed to ride on the sidewalk.

I am not trying to blast all bicyclists, most ride safely. I used to be one in my younger years when you had no special priviledges.

Whenever I drive to the nearby college town, I have to be on high alert for not only students randomly walking into traffic, but every manner of bad driving.

They will stop in the middle of an intersection for no reason. They will go on a red light and stop for a green light. If you dare honk at them, they will flip you off and scream at you.

Just last night on my way home from a party, I was going 30 in a 35 and nearly hit a student dressed in all black jaywalking in the middle of the road. My girlfriend gasped as I swerved at the last second. Neither of us had seen him until he was 30' away.

The stupidity level on display every time I go to town is just incredible.
Sounds like you need to move to more sane area!

After returning to my hometown area after a couple of decades away, I was told that my old stomping grounds up in the nearby mountains were now overtaken by mountain bikers. I grew up riding horses up there, then motorcycles and 4x4s. Lots of fun trails.

I was going to go check out the area in my new UTV and was warned about the irritable mountain bikers that refused to move over for vehicles, flipped you off, and would kick your vehicle as you passed.

I went up anyways and had a great ride. A few bikers, but none gave me any grief as I slowed when I approached so as to not dust them out and waved and smiled. I got a few grimaces, but no disrespect or violence.

What kind of moron is going to start something with a 300lb guy with Glock 10mm?:D

I just got this one, waiting for the paperwork before I put miles in it. :) Just made a quick video of it+a test ride. The OD color and the steel gives the scooter a little bit of military vibe. :)

Amigo JAX-50 50cc Gas Scooter Moped

I just got this one, waiting for the paperwork before I put miles in it. :) Just made a quick video of it+a test ride. The OD color and the steel gives the scooter a little bit of military vibe. :)

Amigo JAX-50 50cc Gas Scooter Moped

Yep, the color makes it. Nice ride good video work! Now you need to armor it up just a little (for those little trips to the corner store in Downtown Portland)... Do I hear 'Riot Control Scooter'? :s0010:

Motorcycle holster 3.jpg

Motorcycle holster 1.jpg

Motorcycle holster 2.jpg

During the war, the American paratroopers actually used stripped down Cushman scooters to get around, upon entering France....

...meanwhile the British paratroopers got around on Wellbikes and Royal Enfield Flying Flea's!...

...btw, Nice bike Steve. Looks like a real honey.

During the war, the American paratroopers actually used stripped down Cushman scooters to get around, upon entering France....

...meanwhile the British paratroopers got around on Wellbikes and Royal Enfield Flying Flea's!...

...btw, Nice bike Steve. Looks like a real honey.
This is very interesting and quite good to know! Thanks for the vids!

My Grandfather, E. F. Salsbury, missed the boat when it came to WWII. That could have been a Salsbury Scooter being dropped by those airplanes, instead of a Cushman! He had a court battle with Cushman on the rights to the a certain scooter and won on the fact that Salsbury owned the rights to the invention of the automatic centrifugal force clutch, automatic transmission clutch which is found on most all scooters and snowmobiles. Salsbury was also recognized as the one who got America back on 2 wheels following the depression in 1936. He was also the first scooter to put a cover over the engine and design the controls similar to an automobile. Endorsed by many hollywood actors, including Ronald Regan, he was THE scooter to own!

I have always wanted one of my Grandfather's scooters, so, if you have one laying around in the old barn, let me know! Ha!

Salsbury Superscooter 85- 1947 - Lane Motor Museum

salsburyScooter Ronald Regan 1.jpg

Salsbury Superscooter 85- 1947 - Lane Motor Museum

1947-Salsbury-Model-85-Standard_2.jpg

Bill

Last Edited:
I've seen those Salsbury's before.
Pretty cool to know the owner's grandson.
I'll keep my eyes peeled, but I understand those are pretty rare...so....it might be a while before I find one for you. ;)

I've seen those Salsbury's before.
Pretty cool to know the owner's grandson.
I'll keep my eyes peeled, but I understand those are pretty rare...so....it might be a while before I find one for you. ;)
They crop up every so often on Ebay and other places. Not many were made and not many are still available. I follow the Salsbury Restorers Society FB page and see the good deals posted there, however, they are always a bit out of range for my bank account! But certainly good to see they still are valued as a collectors item!

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews