JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
and sometimes this,

pict0166.jpg

PM me, I'll make it pristine for Spring. More photos, please. Those are wonderful vehicles, Mercedes engineers had a hand in that.

My new baby;

IMG_1735.jpg

IMG_1737.jpg

IMG_1731.jpg

I LOVE it!

Elcid11's got one of those.

Sporty little ride, but I'll take Detroit Iron over an import any day of the week.

..Really? The Germans get things done. Must I explain why? Although, I'm not an Asian car guy. Regardless of the recent improvements by all of the manufacturers, that's just my personal, unwarranted bias.

:s0001: *****ific!

Have you taken it on any logging roads or light off-road stuff yet? I'm gonna buy a new Dual Sport soon, not sure about the Versys- it seams about 90/10 on-road/off-road

You haven't ridden a Vstrom 650 by chance? I'm wondering how it compares.

I drive an 05 Cadillac SRX
I have done some light off-the-paved-road riding but mainly gravel or hard packed roads. I stay mainly on the higways and mountain roads.

The V-strom does not come close. The Versys is faster, rides better, and does not have the huge and plastic feel to it. :)

I drive an 01 dodge ram 3500 23 cummins and 5 speed stick:s0155::s0155::s0155:
002-11.jpg

the kid drive a 97 dodge ram 1500

and the wife has gone to the dark side and traded in her durango for an 07 Subaru outback... i don't have any pictures of it...

Lets see...............

1987 volvo 244,(sedan) as of just a couple of weeks ago.....

1984 saab 900, owned for about 200k, and 16 years

1983 volvo 245,(wagon) for a couple of years, good car when i haul kids...

1974 gmc stepvan, known affectionately as 'the war wagon' filled to popping with ar parts, shop machines, reloading supplies and stations, as well as bug out camping gear....gvw is 11,500 pounds.....it's a real joy!!!!

1970 ford maverick, been in the family since new, was my dad's last car, my mom's last car, and will probably be mine till i meet the same fate, currently covered and mothballed.....

1952 dodge pickup, ex gresham union high school truck, flathead straight 6, garaged and mothballed.....

But i don't really collect cars, i collect guns, for a hobby......
--carlos

Those pictures are on the 101 somewhere, I think they are about 20 miles south of Cannon beach or so.

I made a drive down there last February when it was warm out, and I really liked the pictures.

I like the new Nissan wheels on it! Classy.

Used to own a similar Benz, only not diesel - it was a good car.

Lebanese taxi, man. Those Mercedes models have proven themselves worthy in peace and war.

It still won't save Chrysler, unfortunately.:mad:

As long as I've been around, the performance of American auto companies has been less than stellar. Perhaps before the 70's they were amazingly progressive, and way ahead of the curve, but after the gas crisis they lost all of their momentum.

They were taken from 101 looking south... You can see Manzanita and Nelaham Bay in the pics.

Correct, the car was facing south. I went 26 to cannon beach, and south from there, pulled over along that cliff thing, and took the pictures.

AS for the Benz, it absolutely is bullet proof. It has 250k miles, gets 30+mpg hwy, and is unstoppable. Its a perfect daily driver, and I only spent 1100 bucks on it!

I have had around 30 cars and am on my most boring daily drivers yet.
1998 Tacoma 4x4 ext cab (small lift)
2001 Honda Accord 4dr EX-L
and for the fun:
1961 Impala SS
1964 Impala hdtp
1970 Chevelle SS 396

Drivers:
88 4x4 toyota truck with some stuff done to it (armor, spool, etc)
89 Toyota Cressida, mostly stock
85 corolla GTS coupe (ae86) with almost nothing stock

Non-drivers/projects:
75 corolla wagon
69 corona x 2
69 datsun 1600 roadster
another 85 corolla gts coupe to replace the Wife's current 85 corolla gts coupe
And a 72 AMC Javelin sitting in storage.

And friends projects of course.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR