JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
are you sure??? check out this video!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rs-jAImScms

It's completely different in an RWD vehicle.

Relating to that video, many of those turns could be made at much sharper angles by pushing all your power through the rear wheels in a RWD vehicle. I'm not saying it's better, just much different physics, like the Porsche Carrera 4S I drove today.

Overall, I think drifting is just comical. It can be fun, but I love watching rally if I want to see AWD or even some RWD action, such as this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkQBD3eYADA

Speaking of Rally.. *lol*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cfw0kj9hp4I

Rock solid 6 speed?
You mean if you drive it like grandma does?

Ha..., you got no clue

That video is making me second guess selling mine. I noticed the spoilers changed sizes part way through the video, same car still or is the shorty the WRX? I know a lot of STi owners swapped the big wing out for a shorter or no wing because of the looks or unwanted attention. I know I would. After having mine garaged for the last two years, I drove it out last week. No kidding, within a block of my house, I already had an integra revving up next to me. Kids....

I swapped the STi wing out because it weighs the rear of the car down, getting the rear end as light as possible makes for better, smoother transitions on loose surfaces; making it more predictable. The wing is great if you are manuevering at speeds 100+ plus, which I didn't do alot of.

Nothing drifts like a RWD. The Subaru guys try, though.
If I owned one, I wouldn't use my driver, it would be a rally car exclusively.

as far as drifting a RWD vs AWD you're right if your talking strictly pavement which is only 1 surface. An AWD car can drift on all surfaces. Drifting was invented in Rally racing. Drifting on loose to dry surfaces at different angles and various speeds constantly takes more skill than most people realize. That tokyo wanna be boy kid racer BS wasn't invented until the 80's. That type of drifting is totaly different and not suitable for daily driving and alot easier to do being the conditions never change. AWD is best, just swallow it...

Watch this vid, Rather drift an STi on pavement anyday...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCrt_h0Di0A
'Ken Block - 530WHP Crawford STi'

Meh.
I'll take an evo over a subaru, But I don't have the scratch for that stuff.
I like my old cars much better. Maybe an all-trac with a bunch of meny thrown at it.
They must have come up with a better trans in the last few years.
Tranmissions used to be the bain of subaru's owners exhistence for a while, from everything I read.
I never did pay much attention though.

I know what you mean Rix. I'm still rolling at 1Gb Laser RS. So far I've dumped about 5-6k into her this last year to get her up and running. I could of just bought a new Evo but I wouldn't of learned anything from doing that. Besides, having buddies that own a custom tuning shop has it's privillages. I get to play with, work on, verify tuning on cars that I had zero interest or experience with.

I figured that since the new Honda insight was on the market now Toyota would be giving some good deals on the Prius. I stopped by tonight to see and I was right. They had some really good deals so I traded in our Scion xB for a new 2009 Prius. I do not have a pic of it yet, but it looks just like the light pine mist one pictured below. :)

2009-toyota-prius.jpg

I figured that since the new Honda insight was on the market now Toyota would be giving some good deals on the Prius. I stopped by tonight to see and I was right. They had some really good deals so I traded in our Scion xB for a new 2009 Prius. I do not have a pic of it yet, but it looks just like the light pine mist one pictured below. :)

2009-toyota-prius.jpg

Psshht, now I have to go buy a hummer to counteract your saving the environment :D

Dude that is an impressive pile of green rectangles you get to play with!! :s0095:

The only question now is... what will you buy next!!! :s0001: :s0152:

2009-toyota-prius.jpg

Buying certain used cars are best for the environment. Have you ever consider a 90s Benz to biodiesel? It's harder to find some of the 'non-boatlike' post 70s and 80s diesel benzes, which aren't all bad looking, but aren't very good looking. Yet, you can find them in newer, 90s era chassis styles on occasion.

Also, I have the feeling that a lot more new cars will be coming out in diesel as well, like the E60 BMW 5ers, the 535d model.

Charles is right! You are better off finding/reclaiming an older used car. Diesel fuel is still better for the environment than petrol, especially with the low-sulfur diesel from the pumps.

I found a 1980 MB 240d for 1100 bucks not long ago, and there are a bunch of them around. Its still pretty classy looking, and i get comments occasionally. The W123 chassis is absolutely fabulously reliable too!

As for the fuel, it is just starting to become cheaper than petrol in a few places. The reason it was so high for so long, is the Low-sulfur requirements. The government passed the law, not giving the gas companies enough warning, so they had to import some of the materials quickly from out of the country, instead of being able to make it themselves.

Man, there are some awesome vehicles on here! Here is my list.

1998 GMC extended cab, 4x4, 6" lift with 35's.

1978 gmc jimmy, 6" lift, locked front and rear with 35's

1978 GMC 3/4 ton pickup, built 396, 6" lift with 36's.

1994 Honda Civic EX gas getter. Over 200k miles on it and just barely broken in! bluelaugh:

1986 Suzuki Samurai- 327 ci chevy small block with a mild cam and edelbrock package with a th-350 and a 205 t-case. She has some 35" swampers for shoes.

1988 Suzuki Samurai tree shooter-Small block 350 with a bit of work done backed by a th-350 adapted to a toyota t-case, with toyota axles locked front and rear. This thing is UGLY and to be honest, pieced together in a major way, not by me!!!

1987 Toyota 4-runner- Slight lift and 33" swampers.

Two mid 80's Honda v45 magna's

samitouchedup.jpg

Man, there are some awesome vehicles on here!

I'm about to change that.....I drive a '94 Plymouth sundance. The paint has flaked off the hood and roof (being replaced by rust), cracked windshield, driver's door won't open (the metal where the hinge mounts has failed), fuel gage is the only working dash instrument (bad ground somewhere in the wiring), the bolts for the driver's seat back have sheared off (got a recall notice on these last week) so the seat back falls all the way back. But the damn thing runs great and keeps going. And it's great not having a car payment, so who cares if high school kids laugh at my car....:D

I'm about to change that.....I drive a '94 Plymouth sundance. The paint has flaked off the hood and roof (being replaced by rust), cracked windshield, driver's door won't open (the metal where the hinge mounts has failed), fuel gage is the only working dash instrument (bad ground somewhere in the wiring), the bolts for the driver's seat back have sheared off (got a recall notice on these last week) so the seat back falls all the way back. But the damn thing runs great and keeps going. And it's great not having a car payment, so who cares if high school kids laugh at my car....:D

LOL. That's great!!! I am with you. I have never had a car payment in my life and don't ever plan on it!

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top