JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Picked up approximately 30 pounds of 9mm this weekend!!!

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

C2310FCB-C1B6-4B6F-9B8F-FE87B767619D.jpeg

Picked up approximately 30 pounds of 9mm this weekend!!!

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

View attachment 1429876
Jim, you pick up all this brass off the ground? With a brass magnet? Holy cow! One of those extended grabber things for the old folks? Makes my back hurt just thinking about it. And my back is in decent shape. I was thinking I had some serious work to do with 250 pieces of Lake City-72 .30-06 that I picked up for a song at the OAC show Sunday.

Jim, you pick up all this brass off the ground? With a brass magnet? Holy cow! One of those extended grabber things for the old folks? Makes my back hurt just thinking about it. And my back is in decent shape. I was thinking I had some serious work to do with 250 pieces of Lake City-72 .30-06 that I picked up for a song at the OAC show Sunday.
@Mikej, you would not believe all the outings I've had to wear a back brace, use my long grabber and don knee pads because there was so much brass on the ground that I almost gave up and went home.
But me being the energetic entrepreneur "the holy moly brass man" I will not willingly leave brass laying.
After hours of brass picking there have been many times I come home and have Mrs. caveman put lidocaine patches on my back and let me sleep in the next morning. :eek:

At times Mrs. caveman interjects some striking wisdom to the point that sounds like, Do you know when you get older you're supposed to work smart instead of slowly killing yourself? o_O

What I did in the day for Reloading, today.
I actually didn't load any bangers but Mucho prep work was the order for today.
I finished bagging and put away the 2,000 +/- of 556 (1,200 was recent LC) and 223 along with some 300 blackout cases. There'll be another time when I touch this brass again, either when I sell it or start to process it for my own consumption.

I went through the whole 30 pounds of 9 mm to sort for the head stamps that I prefer for my own loading preference, that took about 3-4 hours of standing gazing into a magnifying light but it's all worth it.

I deprimed my stash of factory 300 blackout cases (350) that I ratholded last year plus picking up 100 or so this weekend (450+/- total). I then proceeded to wet clean it all, man I've got this technique down to a science, that's some Purty precious metal!!!

While that was cleaning I took the 1300 +/- 9mm and deprimed it all, they are slated for a wet cleaning session tomorrow so they can dry in the sun.

'Twas a busy day for Ole Caveman. Now for a lidocaine patch on my lower back, i'm tired boss dog tired, a Jim Beam and Coke might just be the ticket for relaxation.

658F3709-300A-4B82-9679-D1AB0CAAFBBB.jpeg

I'm in the middle of a 8000 round run if 9mm using Extream 124gr HP's. I'd not used this bullet before so after I ran the first 100 off I took them to the range for testing in the picky Sig P-6 and the not so picky Ruger P-89. This first batch was a +p load and both pistols shot them well and without issues.

I'm in the middle of a 8000 round run if 9mm using Extream 124gr HP's. I'd not used this bullet before so after I ran the first 100 off I took them to the range for testing in the picky Sig P-6 and the not so picky Ruger P-89. This first batch was a +p load and both pistols shot them well and without issues.
Happy to see you did it that way, some pistols don't like HP's or the cone nose bullets. Glock is one that sometimes has a problem. I am loading 7.0 gr of Power Pistol. Getting good results. Last run I loaded 6.5 gr
3N37 Vit. They have more punch than the Power Pistol. Just doing 115 Round nose this time for a gun that likes
them. Accuracy by volume.

Same principle except this is for a wash plant to wash crushed rock for asphalt products. Not as exciting as looking for gold o_O. Pays the bills:rolleyes:.
Interesting! They re-pave roads in Nevada huh? I guess they have to have clean gravel for it. Where I live all that money gets spent on stifling traffic flow and the roads crumble.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top