JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I would guess that many have had a situation where you bent over to pick something up or some other movement and someone saw your CCW. :s0131:
While it hasn't happened to me yet, I wonder how others have reacted and what other folks have done when this happened. :huh:
So please share your stories.

Absolutely nothing. I'll re-cover it when convenient, but it isn't a big deal for me if my 1911 is exposed. I simply don't care. Others might, but I also don't give a damn about their opinions.

Nothing.

I CC, I OC, I carry half and half, I carry full size in a strong side holster under a T-shirt that is obviously printing. I carry for myself and family, not because of what others around me think.

When I have been truly OC I have had some very good conversations with people though about guns and OC.

A store cashier caught a glimpse of my licence and was very interested i fees and regulations. i think alot of people would like to get their CHL but are intimated by the lengthy process and the possibility of having their weapon being exposed.

Most folks are oblivous to when I open carry, I doubt they would notice my pistol printing or my cover garment open enough to see my pistol.

One time while shopping this lady came up to me and my son and said how handsome he was and how he is going to be quite the lady killer when he gets older, which I take as a personal compliment because he is a carbon copy of myself when i was a baby, then she leaned in closer and said "now is daddy carrying a gun?" I was confused for a second but I said yes most times. She nodded and said good. I stood there for a good minute still in wtf mode. I will never ever forget that moment in my life.

Once, at work. One of the office staff (ex Army nurse) saw my exposed handgun when my shirt rode up and I didn't have my vest on. She exclaimed "Is that a gun!" Luckily a good longtime friend of both she and I was behind her and hustled her out the door and explained to her that I had a permit and the administrator had OK'd it. Nothing said after that.
Since I work swing security one of the previous security workers asked the previous facility administrator if it was OK. His only comment was "You have a permit don't you? Don't do anything stupid." We have a new administrator now and I've never bothered to ask him!

I generally carry OWB in a kydex holster under a untucked shirt. It does print sometimes and I have been made a few times. I really don't care if someone sees it or not, but I'll usually try to be discreet as some people can get scared. No one who has spotted me carrying has ever asked me about it, but I have noticed that those few who made me for carrying kept their eye on me until they left the area or I did. I have been asked about my CHL when someone at a cash register spots it in my open wallet. Usually they are really interested and a couple people have asked me about how to obtain a license. Usually if they see my CHL they will ask (very quietly) "Are you carrying a gun right now?" and then act surprised when I say "yes I am".

Never had anyone hassle me about it though.

absolutely nothing. In WA it isn't a problem to have it show because of a clothing malfunction. If it shows, it shows. If someone has a problem because I am carrying, it is THEIR problem, not mine.

Not fully up on OR law but how exactly do you get a "brandishing charge" by having your gun show in a state where OC is legal?[/QUOTE]

Yep, let me see you open carry in Portland, downtown and see how long it takes for you to get put in the slammer. They will make up several charges before you can count to ten. You may get your gun back and may get out quickly if you have a good lawyer and lots of bucks.

East of the Mountains you can open carry all you want, except on the reservations, and nobody cares. But down the corridor in the Willamette Valley, Portland, Salem, Eugene, Corvallis you may be in for a fun time. Law or no law the liberals in this state will freak out and call the police and sic the dogs on you.

Not fully up on OR law but how exactly do you get a "brandishing charge" by having your gun show in a state where OC is legal?[/QUOTE]

Yep, let me see you open carry in Portland, downtown and see how long it takes for you to get put in the slammer. They will make up several charges before you can count to ten. You may get your gun back and may get out quickly if you have a good lawyer and lots of bucks.

East of the Mountains you can open carry all you want, except on the reservations, and nobody cares. But down the corridor in the Willamette Valley, Portland, Salem, Eugene, Corvallis you may be in for a fun time. Law or no law the liberals in this state will freak out and call the police and sic the dogs on you.

Yeah, this is why I asked the original question........................

Never been spotted CC'ing that I'm aware of, no one has ever said anything. I was OC'ing this past weekend and I had a guy at QFC ask me if I was an officer. Told him "No" and he continued his shopping. No big deal.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top