JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
500 yards Tombstone. 25 yards submerged. 1475 yards crawl with fins and hand paddles. 150 pull ups. 50 hops. 900 reps of Bas Rutten pool workout. Then one hour of volleyball tonight. I hope the pool stays open.

My gym is closed. This blows. Looks like I'll be running outside and doing push ups and situps for now. At least I have a set of dumb bells at my office.

Until I turned 60, I followed the Royal Canadian Air Force exercise program, in the 29-35 year old bracket. When a couple of the high-impact exercises started causing foot pain, I switched to the Engine 2 firefighter's program, which also comes with a diet program for those who want to lose weight and lower cholesterol (The Engine 2 Diet by Rip Esselstyn). I was getting tired of the same old dinner menus and wanted some variety. A firefighter friend told me his crews were very hard to please, so when I heard about Engine 2, I thought it was worth looking at. Engine 2 is a shift at a Texas firehouse that went on this program for four weeks. After the test ended, the entire crew wanted to keep going with the program. So if a bunch of picky firefighters liked the food.... I do the workout at intermediate level three times a week, supplementing with long walks most other days. Seems to be doing the trick, though I should also be running. Downsized, no room for the old treadmill (which I actually used because I don't like running in cold wet weather).

My gym closed for the next two weeks, consarn it. So, I've been working out at the office with the equipment I setup and doing cardio on the high school track up the hill from my office as the rain has slowed down and stopped. Most of the bases are covered, but I might add some a few more pieces to round out the workout.

Standing curls with my dumb bells, pushups then went for a run at the local park. A lot different than a treadmill, and my knees aren't happy today but my gym is closed so I gotta make due.

Still doing shorter workouts with the equipment I have at the office gym room. I just ordered a preacher curl bench so I can add that to the mix. Will do cardio on the track this afternoon.

Haven't posted on this thread in a while now. I started back to regular workouts back in Sept., right after Labor Day. Been working out since. I do something 5 days a week. Some days, just some lifting. Other days, heavy cardio and some core work. I've seen about 15 pounds come off so far, with no intentional weight loss program in place. Just working out and eating less than I was before. Feel much stronger, better condition. My gym is at work, so as long as I can still get to the office, I can work out. If that gets suspended, I'll find a way to do something at home.

Just did upright rows and shoulder presses with dumb bells. Dumb. LOL.

I miss the gym, I've been told I'm addicted to working out. :rolleyes:

Just did upright rows and shoulder presses with dumb bells. Dumb. LOL.

I miss the gym, I've been told I'm addicted to working out. :rolleyes:

I'm fortunate I can still access the gym at work. Gonna have to really change up my routine if that goes away.

As for being addicted to working out? I'm getting there. I just can't let myself miss a single workout, it drives me nuts!

I'm fortunate I can still access the gym at work. Gonna have to really change up my routine if that goes away.

As for being addicted to working out? I'm getting there. I just can't let myself miss a single workout, it drives me nuts!

Yeah man, I dropped 40 pounds and added quite a bit of muscle. I'm getting comments now about looking "buff" or "ripped" and even some flirting from females WAY younger than me. It's a nice ego boost. :cool:

I think I'm addicted to results, not the actual lifting. :cool:

Tats.JPG

Yeah man, I dropped 40 pounds and added quite a bit of muscle. I'm getting comments now about looking "buff" or "ripped" and even some flirting from females WAY younger than me. It's a nice ego boost. :cool:

I don't blame you! I'm down 16 as of today, got a long way to go, but damn, it does feel good, doesn't it?!

My gym is temporarily closed with no ETA on a reopen, so I've started running in the mornings followed by situps and pushups. If I can find a way to do pullups that should tide me over until I can get back in the gym.

Does anyone know of a gym that's still open in Beaverton, OR? Anything... I'm desperate.

Check out the local playgrounds. Basically calisthenics gyms with fun bright colors. Most play grounds have some form of parallel bars for dips, plenty of pull-up options, and dope twisty slides for a cool-down.

On the real, last night I invented myself an ambulance workout when I was posted in NE Portland for way too long. Did a rotating series of push-ups, dips off the tailboard of the ambo, mountain climbers. then found myself a nice big rock, probably 30 pounds (2 stone for you blokes) and did some ball slams, then close grip overhead press. then put it in a pillow case and did one-arm-bent-over-rows. Eff a gym, lift yourself :D

I ride my fancy road bike every other day about 15 miles, 5 of that is climbing steep hills since 2011, hey I'm a MAMIL >> Middle Aged Man In Lycra lol I also have a rebounder / mini trampoline under my RV awning so if its raining or freezing ourside I just go out and bounce - jog my fool head off looking like a idiot bouncing Monty Python skit lol. I have an indoor spin cycle and ride it a few times a week, and have bungee excersize cords to air punch with for my lame pathetic upper arms......I dont associate with lazy men , in hard times they are soft.....cheers

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top