JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
New personal best. 12 plates for 10 reps, still have a full leg routine to get through but what an awesome feeling.

20200303_161423.jpg

My first day swimming with hand paddles. Very interesting and a strain on the body. I wish I started sooner. I have been using web gloves for years but the paddles also make you pay attention to form. I swam 2000 non-stop yards with those.

Then I did 500 yards of Tombstone and mixed in 100 pull-ups on the starting block. I swam one submerged lap for a total of 2550 yards just short of 1.5 miles.

Then 900 vigorous reps of Bas Rutten pool workout. Followed by 30 hops. Got tired.

New personal best. 12 plates for 10 reps, still have a full leg routine to get through but what an awesome feeling.

View attachment 665981D;)

I love the LP, but I learned the hard way I need a foam pad for some lower back support when lifting heavy after pulling whatever muscle my love handle is and putting me out of commission for a few weeks.

Super painful muscle that I didn't really think about.

Get some!

Hoo-yah!!!!

I love the LP, but I learned the hard way I need a foam pad for some lower back support when lifting heavy after pulling whatever muscle my love handle is and putting me out of commission for a few weeks.

Super painful muscle that I didn't really think about.

Man, that sounds painful as all get out. Hope your recovery is 100% and you're back to clanking the weights again. I tend to feel pressure in my lower back when I'm lifting heavy and intend to pickup a good quality weight lifting belt very soon. Gotta keep that form that I'm slipping on. Tomorrow is my rest day but I'm sure I'll still hit 45 minutes of solid cardio on a stationary bike to keep the endorphins rushing.

Hoping all you you guys reading this post made to get your reps in no matter what routine you were doing.

I've fallen into a little workout routine these past 2.5 months. It's nothing that's going to get me ripped, but it's a decent way to offset some of my bad eating habits :D What can I say? I love good BBQ, good beer and most pizzas.

Anyways, this is what my regimen has been:

3 mile jog around the property followed up by

3 sets of:
45 pushups
15 curls @25lbs L+R
20 shoulder press @25lbs L+R
25 lunges with 20lbs weights L+R
20 deltoid flys @10lbs L+R

I lost 10lbs in the first month, but the weight loss has kinda plateaued. That means I either need to up my caloric expenditure or decrease my caloric intake....or be happy with a bit o flub. Eh, I'm married :)

I bought gas for my lawnmower and mowed the front and backyard lawns. I am using a fuel stabilizer in my gas so three pull of the starter cord and my lawnmower started right up. Saves me the hassle of doing the winterization for my mower.

Three hours at the pool. 10 min river walk. Half hour of volley ball. 500 yards Tombstone. 1500 yards crawl with flippers and hand paddles. 4x25 yard submerged. 150 pull-ups, 100 push-ups, 50 hops, 40 min pool workout.

Only 1000 yards crawl at the pool with hand paddles and fins. One lap submerged. 10 min pool workout. Then 50 minutes on my new bike. Next back to the pool for 50 min of volleyball . Both the bike and ball game drop my blood glucose levels a lot.

Only 1000 yards crawl at the pool with hand paddles and fins. One lap submerged. 10 min pool workout. Then 50 minutes on my new bike. Next back to the pool for 50 min of volleyball . Both the bike and ball game drop my blood glucose levels a lot.

Nice! I'm lifting right now. In between sets posting lol

In the gym at 6 am for shoulders day:

4×6-8 dumbell shoulder press
4x6-8 upright barbell row
4x8-10. alternate dumbell single arm raises
4x8-10. dumbell shoulder flies
4x8-10. Cable face pulls
4x8-10. Shoulder cable cross.

Day off tomorrow and chest day for Friday

20 min volleyball. 500 yards Tombstone.1500 yards crawl with hand paddles and flippers. 150 pull-ups, 50 hops. 600 reps of Bas Rutten pool work out. Then I went to town for gas and groceries.

Since the Shamrock was cancelled, went down to Willamette water front and ran a half marathon distance and finished strong, with no injuries. The post run beer tastes great! Just trying to keep it normal.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top