JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

I had a month off, and started back. I am sucking wind.

Yesterday was 4 rounds
500 m rows @ 2 mins/500m
Kettle Bell dead lifts x15
Front Rack Kettle Bell Carry (like a farmers carry except for the position ) x 50m

Took me ~17 mins. I was last in my class.

Keep it up brother! Doesn't matter if you were last, you were THERE. That's half the battle! :)

I did standard bench press and pull-down curls. I threw some weight on the bar for warm up presses then worked my way up to my current max. Two dudes in their 20's were kinda watching me bench. I get done and one says "leave the weights on". So I said ok and backed away to do my pull downs.

The dude pumps himself all up and his buddy spots. He gets the bar off the rack and lowers it down. It didn't go back up. Not without the spotter helping. :D:cool:

I walked for 20 minutes last night! Doesn't sound like anything but I thought I wouldn't be on my feet for more than a few seconds 1 day post op. But the doctor said do as much as I feel like I can, and by evening I was restless and had very little pain, so I thought... why not?

Bundled up, headed out, slowly shuffled up and down a couple mild hills. The cool night air was soothing and it was fun to watch the kids scamper by, all laughing, shouting and shoving each other around. It occurred to me that it's been 10 years since I last trick-or-treated, which for a 20-something is, like... forever ago. Really made me slow down and appreciate the season... then it hit me... is this what being old feels like? ;)

Thinking I'll try again in a few minutes here. It's a beautiful day and I should probably catch a little sun while I can. But first... chicken noodle soup! :D

Edit: yay I did it

Last Edited:
I was going to take today off, but I got bored and wanted to jam to some tunes. The nice thing about going to the gym so late is I can put in my headphones and sing along (and not get yelled at) :p

A5F2C380-956C-4A3A-AA06-D58D0FB1AA99.png

Last Edited:
I swam 4.5 miles this week. I made some 2000 yard swims doing flip turns. My feet are being tortured by my new fins after a month of use. Yesterday I did 1200 reps of the Bas Ruten pool workout.

I was going to take today off, but I got bored and wanted to jam to some tunes. The nice thing about going to the gym so late is I can put in my headphones and sing along (and not get yelled at) :p

View attachment 629750
That's the best isn't it? For me night shift + 24 hr gym is the best thing ever. With nobody there I can rock out until a circuit becomes almost like a dance, haha... just headbanging and rhythm like a one-man mosh pit. Turns that workout up to 11 and makes it fun as hell.

At the moment though, still recovering. In fact doctor's orders are a little light walking every day and no "strenuous activity" or lifting 20+ lbs for 4 weeks. Yeah... o_O

So I headed into the gym tonight. 3 sets bicep curls + rear deltoid raises, 2 sets pec flies + tricep extensions. Used much lighter weights (kept it under the limit), went slow and stopped at the first feeling of strain to my surgical site.

I just had to do something.

Might try another light walk tonight, but I'll give it a few..

Hiked about a mile in the woods to find the perfect clearing for some headshots. No, NOT LIKE THAT. Just having my picture taken (honest). Haven't done it in years actually.

Also carried a few water jugs up to my 2nd story apartment which I'm not supposed to do...

And my dumb arse STILL wants to go out walking again. Getting my shoes on right... now... can't stop... aaaaaaaaa!!! Suspiciously pain free for 6 days post-op. Wonder if I'm doing damage but just don't feel it...? :s0153:

Hiked about a mile in the woods to find the perfect clearing for some headshots. No, NOT LIKE THAT. Just having my picture taken (honest). Haven't done it in years actually.

Also carried a few water jugs up to my 2nd story apartment which I'm not supposed to do...

And my dumb arse STILL wants to go out walking again. Getting my shoes on right... now... can't stop... aaaaaaaaa!!! Suspiciously pain free for 6 days post-op. Wonder if I'm doing damage but just don't feel it...? :s0153:

Im still waiting for pictures of your guts! :p

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads