What did you do to exercise today?

Makes me so grateful to be alive in America, in 2019. Healthcare is insanely advanced. Society doesn't force me to live "like a woman."

Getting to experience this kind of freedom is a goddamn beautiful thing.
So, get this, muchacha. As bad society may be at times, damn, we live in amazing times; scientifically, medically, with respect to computer/computational science, and the rest. Wishing you and your family the absolute best. Hang in there, be strong, and know you have friends. :s0155:

Always cracks me up, some people use their age or other chicken sheet excuses why they just can't possibly eat right and exercise. I can outlift, outrun and outpace lots of dudes half my age. I refuse to use my birthdate as an excuse in life. F that.

MechaNik

Reactions
  • National Rifle Association
  • Oregon Firearms Federation
  • Second Amendment Foundation
  • Gun Owners of America
Always cracks me up, some people use their age or other chicken sheet excuses why they just can't possibly eat right and exercise. I can outlift, outrun and outpace lots of dudes half my age. I refuse to use my birthdate as an excuse in life. F that.
Lots of guys half your age are either twigs or marshmallows. Or world class professional athletes. You'd better be able to out pace the former, I'd be scared of you if you could out pace the latter

I forget if it was today or still technically last night, but after caring for a sick wife and kids, the insomnia and old injuries/scar-tissues got so incredibly bad, I hiked around outside in the forest for a brief spell. A .380 in pants pocket, a .32 in the sport coat. Oh, it was as pleasant as it sounds. :p

crossbow5

Reactions
Zumba class and then senior fitness at Snap fitness in Keizer this morning. If you’re on Medicare and have Medicare advantage you should check this out. I only pay $25 for the Zumba 3 days a week and senior Training on Tuesday and Thursday. Senior fitness doesn’t cost anything extra. You have full access to the gym.

120 push-ups
100 leg lifts with 10 pound ankle weights
20 reps of one set of bench press at 110 pounds
Speed bag for 5 minutes
Deep chest shoulder dips times 12
Roman chair @ 15 leg dips
5 minutes of yoga
10 pound dumb bell reps at 50
20 inverted sit ups
I am 71 years old and growing.
Get some!!!

ZigZagZeke

Reactions
I have a few acres up on a mountain, with oak and fir forest. There are roads to maintain, buildings to repair and replace, downed trees to cut up and remove, a tractor (without power steering) to drive, and an RV/boat/truck/ATV/etc to maintain. I have a full complement of equipment for all of this, and it keeps me pretty busy every day. Oh, and did I mention that it's all on rolling terrain? A trip to the mailbox is a 1/4 mile and 100' elevation change. Yesterday was 6,000+ steps, and 13 floors of elevation change.

That said, keeping up with my body has become another challenge. Seems I need a complete overhaul at 72. So far this year I've had several major tests, all resulting in nothing significant found. Hernia repair in March. Cataract surgery in August. Hips and knees are wearing out. Not looking forward to replacements. A couple years ago I went in for chest pains. Turns out it was nothing to do with my heart. I'd sprained my sternum slinging a chain saw around and moving logs all day long for a week.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun Rifle
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    1911 guru!
    Tim Copeland rebuilt and refreshed an old Colt 1911 Gold Cup for me that needed all new springs, new extractor & replaced a loose ejector. Found...
  • 36 Pit
    4.00 star(s)
    Went here this morning. This was my first time shooting on public land in Oregon. The guys from Trash No Land were there as well as other...
  • HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    Good prices, interesting items
    I like taking a drive through farm country to this spot... nice selection.
    • kbf64
  • HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    Good Friday!
    Had a great first time visit that included a transfer, a special order, and some trading. Can't wait to come back! Also I realized after I got...
  • HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    Upstanding Vendor!
    Have worked with this business twice and both times were outstanding! Will definitely keep going to him when I'm up in that area! Shoot, will...
Top Bottom