JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Weighed in this morning 225
that is 25 down since 1 Jan
and just ahead of my goal to loose 25 by WW25.

I don't mind slow and steady, but the plateau's are killer on the psychie.

Still hitting cross-fit. I am off on my off day walks at work due to changes there.

Can I keep the downward pace and hit -50 by EoY ? One-der-land for the new year is the goal.

the last post on the first page was mine too - on deadlifts
What did you do to exercise today?
I haven't hit one for heavy weight in about a month. But, I was lifting 255 back then (3 reps) over my body weight.

Childhood buddy and I rode our road bikes 46 miles on the Foothills trail system Pierce county WA. A nice scenic trail along rivers, with beer and food stops along the way.

Got my first full week of workouts in last week, first time in 2 full months. That illness I got was a killer, my lungs were pretty darned messed up for almost the full 2 months. Even today, I still have some lingering cough. I had tried getting back to workouts a few weeks back, but I wasn't ready, so had to suspend them again. Anyway, back at it, and getting back into the swing after a 2 month hiatus was tough, but not as bad as I had expected. First day sucked, big time, but by the 2nd workout, things were already feeling betting. Glad to be back at it again, feels good and energy level is starting to climb.

Laid flooring Sat and Sunday. I haven't sweat that much even in my hour long workouts.

Down and out last afternoon and today cuz my asthma kicked in, plus I feel like I caught the flu, but I'm hiding in a closed off air conditioned room and plan to be back at work and the remodel tomorrow.

Still walking the dog (or rather she's walking me) at least a couple miles a day. Was just kinda cruising around today and decided to walk out to the EE Wilson fishing pond. I saw some where that it was a 2+ mile hike. Actually its maybe a little more than a mile round trip. Oh well, had the dogs collapsible bowl but forgot the water so thats best. Didn't really want to let her drink that pond water. :confused:

Been getting up early three days a week (including this morning) to do a 60 minute workout.
Still doing Cross Fit 2 nights/week.
Ran 5k on Tuesday.
Down 40 lbs since April 22nd since I cut out Diet Coke, alcohol and carbs.

Workout on Tuesday, wearing vest. Normal stuff + sprinting across the yard and jumping up on the deck and back down. Front pkate swung up and almost broke my jaw, so had to switch the buckles for the cumberbund.

Bought and moved enough materials for 40' of cedar fence, got 16' up in the afternoon.

Summer project has been to sell the old play structure in the backyard that my grandkids use (they're getting too big for it) and install a commercial grade swing set. So I ordered 12' tall arch swing set (weighs about 500 lbs.), dug 4 - 20" x 24" holes, erected the swingset with two guys helping, poured 1,400 lbs. of concrete with a friend, am now removing about 14 yards of old bark and weed cloth and installing new weed cloth and about 16 yards of bark.

So, at 72, I'm feeling pretty "exercised." For reference, that's a 4' fence next to the play area.

yjxzzw.jpg

Summer project has been to sell the old play structure in the backyard that my grandkids use (they're getting too big for it) and install a commercial grade swing set. So I ordered 12' tall arch swing set (weighs about 500 lbs.), dug 4 - 20" x 24" holes, erected the swingset with two guys helping, poured 1,400 lbs. of concrete with a friend, am now removing about 14 yards of old bark and weed cloth and installing new weed cloth and about 16 yards of bark.

So, at 72, I'm feeling pretty "exercised." For reference, that's a 4' fence next to the play area.

View attachment 475616

Lucky grandkids you got:cool:

probably doesnt mean anything to anyone else, but I hit 21 unbroken strict push ups tonight.

after class.

back when I started in March I was at 3.

These last 2 weeks I have been sweating far more than I ever remember doing.

Stay hydrated

Costco? Thats where my cart pushin days were, uphill back to the front to boot. I heard stories of kids in AZ's shoe soles melting onto the asphalt.
Wal Mart. So we have different types of carts... Those small double carts that don't like to be steered, or kept together. Those annoying ones with the plastic seats the kids ride in, which don't like to stick together or be steered. Then the regular carts. Its easier this time, as its half downhill so I just let the regular carts move on their own and just steer until I get to the incline, but those other carts are annoying.

Back when I worked as a cart pusher in 2012-2013, it was all uphill, and I ended up pushing 42 carts by hand. Don't feel like trying that again.
probably doesnt mean anything to anyone else, but I hit 21 unbroken strict push ups tonight.

after class.

back when I started in March I was at 3.

These last 2 weeks I have been sweating far more than I ever remember doing.

Stay hydrated
Keep at it man. I'm at 80, but I started out at low as well.

Past two days at work. Been hot and humid, felt like it was a half-@ssed drowning with the humidity so high. Pushing carts by hand.

View attachment 482471 View attachment 482472
Dude when you get that CDL JUST REMEMBER TO PARK THE TRUCK AS FAR AWAY FROM THE TRUCK STOP DOOR AS POSSIBLE.
BECAUSE YOU WILL GET NO EXERCISE DRIVEING A TRUCK UNLESS YOU .ARE REALLY TRYING.i can't remember but I think if you You have a 53foot trailer .you have to walk around your truck and trailer 30 time's to equal a mile

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top