JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
99675e10cc7db873dc440dde81ea8e38.jpg

Tested for my blood sugar (almost back to normal range, couple more weeks and I should not be considered diabetic anymore at this rate) and cholesterol (it's now a 1/3 of what it was and well below the limit line) so I'd say my new diet is working:cool:. That's at just a little less then 6 weeks in.

Weigh in and measurements tomorrow.

No weight loss this week.

I did drop another 1/2" which brings me down 9" overall in 6 weeks.

Been to busy at work to get an actual workout in but I've been doing enough to keep me sweating and my heart rate elevated.

Lungs have been bad, doc put me on an inhaled steroid to try and get them better, and it's slowly working. Hoping to have my first workout back after the illness next Wednesday - 3 full weeks out from when this started.

Lungs have been bad, doc put me on an inhaled steroid to try and get them better, and it's slowly working. Hoping to have my first workout back after the illness next Wednesday - 3 full weeks out from when this started.

I'm sure you already know but thought I would mention it anyway. Go easy on yourself when you start again, it's going to feel like starting over for a bit but you'll get past it faster. We are all rooting for you;).

I'm sure you already know but thought I would mention it anyway. Go easy on yourself when you start again, it's going to feel like starting over for a bit but you'll get past it faster. We are all rooting for you;).

Thanks, and yes, I'll definitely dial it back a bit. After 3 weeks, I know it's going to be a slow start, but thankfully 3 months of prior workouts should allow it to come back quicker than when I first started!

It takes a long time to recover strength and stamina. Hang in there and don't get discouraged. I went through health issues a few years ago - kidney cancer, galls stones, and a necrotic nerve disease that left me in agony for almost two years before I got relief via operations and medication. I estimate I was at less than 50% s&s when everything was over. About two years later and I'm at ~85%. Lots of plateaus and occasional setbacks. I just keep plodding along and periodically push myself then back off a bit. Hang in there.

It takes a long time to recover strength and stamina. Hang in there and don't get discouraged. I went through health issues a few years ago - kidney cancer, galls stones, and a necrotic nerve disease that left me in agony for almost two years before I got relief via operations and medication. I estimate I was at less than 50% s&s when everything was over. About two years later and I'm at ~85%. Lots of plateaus and occasional setbacks. I just keep plodding along and periodically push myself then back off a bit. Hang in there.

Definitely don't have as much to battle back from as you did - not even close. But, this is definitely the sickest I've been in probably 10 years. I haven't had so much as a cold in the last 2 years. I guess I was due. Good thing is, I'm actually looking forward to getting back to exercise again - that's a good sign.

Mowed the past 2 days. I use a power push mower and mow about 1-2 acres of our 14.
I know a rider would be faster, but I drive a desk during the week.

I've been on a new nutrition program for 35 days. I'm down 25 lbs, have quit Diet Coke, cut back to 2 cups of coffee per day, have way more energy, and my knee feels way better (meniscus surgery a couple of years ago). I was doing burpees in Cross Fit last week better than I have since surgery.

Tried to push myself a bit while recovering from this illness. Did some cleaning in the garage, including moving some heavy boxes into the storage shed. Pulled out and cleaned up some yard tools. Pressure washed one side of the house and the driveway to get rid of a big buildup of moss and other green yuck. Didn't do too badly considering my lungs aren't 100% yet. Only issue is I appear to have burned the top of my head, forehead and ears - forgot to wear my hat today :(

Started a new 3 day a week routine in addition to 2x/week Cross Fit.
I'm currently using 20 lb dumbells. Took about 20-35 minutes to complete.

10 push-ups
10 hammer curls
20 crunches
10 military press
1 minute plank
10 scissors/flutters
10 shoulder raises
10 Leg lifts
10 Butterflies
10 Penguins
Repeat 3X

I always slow down after the first ten beer curls...

I don't do standard exercises per se but do manual labor/chores and walking instead. This is exercise plan created by my personal trainer, Mrs. 3M. Her training plan has a simple core - If I sit down for more than five minutes before 8 PM then she starts to list off all the things that need to be done around the house.

The much larger me would buy her off with ice cream and watch TV.

Have delayed the workout cycle again. Lungs are still messed up and haven't improved in the last week. Doc is putting me on a 2nd round of antibiotics, a different type, to see if we can knock this out once and for all. If not, he wants me in for a chest x-ray when the antibiotics are done - if it hasn't improved. Getting a little concerned I haven't kicked this yet, and really do want to get back to the workouts.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top