JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Left work early Friday and finally went in to see the doc - got some kind of serious throat infection - no strep though. Doc put me on antibiotics. Spent 3 days in a lot of pain just trying to swallow anything and having my breathing get interrupted anytime I tried to sleep. This thing has kicked my butt. Probably be another week before I'm well enough to jump in to exercise again. I haven't been this sick in years. Looking forward to getting better and getting back on track.

555235003502013630ba005056a9545d.gif

Finished my 4th session with my 4th trainer this morning. Went great and so far, no one trainer has doubled up on the other stuff I've learned. Mostly looking for help with form and core conditioning.

5th one is Friday and then I'm going solo till June 1st when I hope I'll be starting a remodel for a friend after work and on weekends so that will be my workouts for 3 weeks or so.

Update on the illness - turns out it was strep, the short test said no, long test said yes, and the daughter has it too :(

Anyway, we're on antibiotics, which is making some progress against this. Still pretty f'd up and hacking up a lung the last 48 hours on top of it. Probably won't be able to do any workout this week. Sights set on Monday to get back into it, gently. Definitely feeling the miss of not having the regular workouts. Oh well, I've lost 5lbs in the last week, mostly from eating like a hamster. So maybe there is a positive in this after all ;)

Haha! I have been thinking about doing this too! Seems like such a good workout and a way to get used to the PC, but I already wonder what the neighbors think of me, not sure I need to make them even more nervous.

It's a great workout!!!
Most of my neighbors are all republicans! :D
Most of my gear is FDE so doesn't look as scary as all black :rolleyes:

Ok,

New thread on exerciseing.

I am generally more motivated when having to be held accountable for my actions (or inaction in this case) and did very well exercising when I had a buddy who lived close and our schedules and stamina were similar (a very rare thing to find as I get older).

A lot of us have/had desk or driving jobs that require long hours and include zero physical work, but we would like to be in better shape then we are. Or maybe you've had an illness or injury to recover from and need some encouragement...

Being one that fits in both of the above categories, I thought it might be nice to start a thread similar to the (What did you do to prep today?) thread.

Share what you have done to improve your health, be it exercise, new diet or whatever.
I went to work last night:)

We are working towards a named workout called Murph. Which is in honor of Lt. Mike Murphy. Who you may know from the book/movie Lone Survivor.

progressive go down a column, then next column, total 3 times thru the matrix.
Pull ups 1 2 3 4 5
Push ups 2 4 6 8 10
Squats 3 6 9 12 15
rest

so that's let see, 10 + 10 + 10 push ups each round, is 90 push ups on the day.
135 squats

I can't do a pull up, yet. So, I do a ring row - which is an inverted push up, pull yourself up, to rings or a bar. Steeper angle is easier, flatter is harder.
45 ring rows.

We also did front squats and warm up. I did my front squats at my current PR 105.

Learned monster sets with my last trainer session for a month today - they are brutal:rolleyes:.

10 then hold halfway for 5 sec
1 with a 5 sec half hold after each

Tore me up good.

Week 4 with the new food and workouts.

Down 8.5" overall - didn't change much in the last 2 weeks with the workouts added.

Down 6 lbs and one full pant size and have gone from a tight 2XXL or 3X to a very loose 2XXL in shirts.

Got new shoes today - same brand and model (I'm kinda boring) and the rep said they expect soles like mine to have 350+ miles on them, so I guess I've got my steps in this last year.

Last Edited:
I can't do a pull up, yet

I was talking with a regular who is about 5'10", 260#'s and said if he could do a pull-up then I could at 6'1" and 270#'s.

I thought for a second and said, "Well it's been a long time since I've tried...". Then got all set and just hung there for 15 uncomfortable sec before declareing that I indeed could not do a pull-up lol.

Thankfully we have an assisted machine that offsets some weight or the TRX straps are good.

Maybe when I'm leaner and stronger I'll get there:rolleyes:

Mowed the "lawn" with the help of my SIL.

Or part of it anyway.

This was no trivial task as I use a walk behind 2 wheel tractor with a flail mower that weighs about 300 pounds, the grass is as tall as I am and thick, and my "lawn" is about 5 acres.

I got about half an acre mowed, mostly right up by the house. SIL went around with a conventional mower and got the areas the flail mower would not fit into or were a PTIA for the flail mower.

I tried the sickle bar attachment but it shook me to death. It is faster since it doesn't get bogged down and it doesn't care about rocks or limbs and such, but if I put the tractor in second gear I can't keep up with it for very long, and it isn't good on rough ground as it bounces around.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top