JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The easier they make it for us, the easier it is to get started.
@ejmpnu92

The hardest exercise is getting off your a$$ and doing it.

So good job.

Today was dead lifts. (and burpies and jumping, and running) But deads.

My current 3rd max is 255
Had a 16 rnd set to do. 80% - that's 205. 30 seconds between lifts.
I did 4, added 10lbs
I did 4 added 10lbs
I did 4 added 10lbs
I did the last 4. @ 235. about 90%.

I felt pretty good about that.

I was crushed by the burpies and jumping and power cleans. Couldn't finish the Rx 3 rounds. Got 2 done.

My current goal in deads is a 3rnd set at 315. That is the max I have ever lifted in my life. Earlier in this thread, when I was focused on Starting Strength is when I achieved that. But it only took a year to loose 100 lbs of lifting ability.

Cleans and snatches - that is a technique thing. My goal there is to get the technique down - proper form.

got my a$$ kicked.

20 burpies
20 pull ups
20 thrusters

17 mins later and I was beat.

Pull ups - I can't do one, so I do jumping - ie jump and pull up as you go
Thrusters are squats with a bar on the shoulders, which you then lift over head
- strict press would be no squat but same idea.

That was after back squats - 5 sets of 3 @ 195

And the snatches.

The girls I worked with today all looked fresh after 3 rounds of burpies, pull ups and thrusters. Looked like they would go for a 3 mile run and then to the salon. One had a toddler.

endurance. you need it. I need to get it.

30 min on the treadmill.

Goal was 165 bpm and then back it down to 120 and then back up etc.

Put the speed at 3 and the incline at max. I almost made it 5 min and heart rate to 155 but the quads were burning so I leveled the deck. Only got down to 140 before incline again but I at least made it my 30 min goal.

Cheated and had a small banana after dinner and that ended the hunger.

Another personal trainer tomorrow afternoon and a decently heavy work load tomorrow.

My triceps are still super tight from Monday. I spent all day not really being able to touch my face with my right hand, the left was less sore and more flexible.

Woke up sick yesterday, too sick to work out - making that my first missed workout since this started. Not feeling any better today, so this week's workouts may be a bust. Setting my sights on Monday in the hopes that most of this has passed by then. I hate having stuff like this interrupt my progress - I'm too easily derailed. Still, after 3 months of steady progress, I'm hopeful that I will be able to jump right back in.

funny_pictures_12.jpg

Oi!!!

I could barely walk up the stairs to my front door lol.

3rd trainer and she put me thru the paces on legs and core excersises for an hour that felt like 3.

Gonna be sore tomorrow and lucky if I can walk sat but I didn't think it would be easy for awhile.

Sorry to hear your sick @etrain16 :s0170: Don't get down, just get better and go back at it;).

Will be walking into the gym in a few minutes for an hour and a half of weightlifting. It's not as easy to gain lean muscle mass in my late forties as it was in my twenties, that's for sure! Doing well on my diet as well.

Welp, here we gooooo...

@Joe13 - are you taking anything for the delayed muscle soreness?

BCAA's really help me - take right after workout.

I know, they are also in protein, but the supplement has made a difference for me.

these guys don't recommend them, but further info
Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs) - Scientific Review on Benefits, Dosage, Side Effects

I take 3 scoops of a protein shake with that in it plus enzymes and probiotics. 22g of protein each, no fat.

The trainers did some pretty focused work on different parts of my body and a lot was body weight excersise. Being 270 it is a lot to to for an hour:D. I can move heavy stuff in short bursts but extended workouts toast my muscles pretty fast.

I am very out of shape it seems. Stretching is helping and I have hopes that with continued workouts and good sleep that I'll just be sore the next day and not in pain for 3.

Thank-You, for the link and advice!

Man! I'm getting tired just reading about your workouts. I've been walking 2 miles as many days as possible. Kind of funny, I hate walking in the rain. My wife laughs at me because I retired out of the Army. It's one thing when you had to do it, another when you don't.

This is what I've been using for a few years now. Was the major change I made that helped get my IBS manageable. Also has a super high protein to almost no fat content so it's a lot better then whey based stuff and I can get better fats in other ways in my diet thru out the day.

I've been getting it with the help of my parents. They go on sale or have coupons for half off and then with their senior discounts it makes it reasonable (although it's not really any more expensive then most whey proteins, we just use a bunch of it now with 3 people).

IMG_2685.PNG

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR