JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
OK fine.

pharndpu881.jpg

I wasn't trying to be disagreeable, it was just that your comment got me thinking and it has been very small baby steps for me. Hell, just getting out of bed was absolute torcher because it felt like my back was on fire 5 months ago.

I seriously appreciate your success story's and continued posts in this thread - as well as others who have been very helpful with links for nutrition and alternative excersise plans.

You have my deepest respect, admiration and appreciation.

I find I do better with a bottle than from a glass.
Also, adding the "essence" of a fruit can help. Lemon wedge, watermelon, apples, what ever you like.

I like really cold water. I keep a Hydro Flask filled with ice water next to me all day, every day. I have one at work and one at home. I drink from it all the time. I may not do everything right, but drinking water is one of those things I've done right for a long time. Love me some ice water!

Workout #3 for the week. Added a new exercise - the Pallof Press - something a co-worker showed me. Really helps with the core. Also added a couple more minutes to cardio, trying to slowly work up to my goal.

Interesting, yesterday was a rest day from the workout, but I found myself missing it. That's a good sign. It may mean I'm on the path to sticking with this again.

Workout #3 for the week. Added a new exercise - the Pallof Press - something a co-worker showed me. Really helps with the core. Also added a couple more minutes to cardio, trying to slowly work up to my goal.

Interesting, yesterday was a rest day from the workout, but I found myself missing it. That's a good sign. It may mean I'm on the path to sticking with this again.

You got this brother!

I am new to the whole cross-fit thing and of course there are those code words, the jargon. That which we use to determine "are you one of us?" ( ie clip )

I posted the cartoon above and didn't know at the time, that CF uses Girls names to describe an exercise collection!

So now I am laughing at it again.

• Chelsea. 5 Pull Ups. 10 Push Ups. 15 Squats. ...
  • Cindy. 5 Pull Ups. 10 Push Ups. 15 Squats. ...
  • Diane. 21 – 15 – 9 Reps. 225lb Deadlift. Handstand Push Ups.
  • Elizabeth. 21 – 15 – 9 Reps. 135lb Clean. ...
  • Fran. 21 – 15 – 9 Reps. Thruster 95lbs. ...
  • Frelen. 5 Rounds For Time. Run 800m. ...
  • Grace. 135lb Clean & Jerk. 30 Reps.
  • Helen. 3 Rounds For Time. Run 400m.
there are more

One of my challenges/frustrations:

97C88E58-96FE-4180-9AB2-5B46FB2E6A91.jpeg

At least once a week this stuff is laid out at work - brought in by salespeople/vendors. Donuts twice this week. Cookies on Wednesday. Bagels on Tuesday.

One thing I've noticed though - on my workout days, my ability to walk by these and ignore them goes up greatly. No donuts today, and I'm not even craving them. Bonus!

One of my challenges/frustrations:

View attachment 431364

At least once a week this stuff is laid out at work - brought in by salespeople/vendors. Donuts twice this week. Cookies on Wednesday. Bagels on Tuesday.

One thing I've noticed though - on my workout days, my ability to walk by these and ignore them goes up greatly. No donuts today, and I'm not even craving them. Bonus!

Save me a fritter will ya! I love those things :(

I work at a gym and furnished lunches at meetings are pizzao_O

That's an interesting choice for a place that centers around fitness. At least we're just a bunch of construction workers - donuts, pizza, etc. are our fuel ;)

Actually, our company is pushing for healthier choices in and around the office. They are looking to ask the vendors to bring in healthier choices, though some folks are pushing back against the idea. When they cater a lunch or meeting, we get a mix of healthy stuff sometimes and less healthy stuff others. At least they're trying to make an improvement.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top