JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
More than 100 million Americans have diabetes or prediabetes.

What to do about that. Exercise. Diet Choices.

If you are following the US Governments Food Pyramid, then you are following the cause.

Except for those of us with Type 1 diabetes - no cure, no amount of exercise or diet can reverse it. That said, diet and exercise have a very positive effect on blood sugar and is a good idea for all diabetic types. Those with Type 2 or pre-Type 2 may be able to reverse it or delay it until later in life.

Took a 1-mile walk with my 11yo daughter on Sunday. First time we've done a walk like that together. She insisted I walk my regular pace (that I use for exercise) and I think it was a bit much for her. She kept up well though considering she was taking 2 steps for my one. I praised her for keeping up and she expressed and interest in doing more of this. Hopefully the first of many.

This morning, starting the new week with my 3rd day in the company gym. Cardio and resistance. Already noticing in this short period of time, an improvement in strength and endurance. Amazing how quickly those things can start to come back.

walk with my 11yo daughter on Sunday. First time we've done a walk like that together. She insisted I walk my regular pace (that I use for exercise) and I think it was a bit much for her. She kept up well though considering she was taking 2 steps for my one. I praised her for keeping up and she expressed and interest in doing more of this. Hopefully the first of many.

Take it from a guy with a 20 year old daughter. If your shows any intrest in doing something together, don't hesitate to hold on tight and keep doing it;).

And don't blink - at that age t hey race through the years:D

Cheers and good on ya for sticking with your schedule:cool:

I have personally slipped on mine, some life stressors have me back on sugar and no extra workouts but I'm fighting it as best I can right now:oops:. I get some decent sweating in at my job though so I think that's keeping me level at least.

Take it from a guy with a 20 year old daughter. If your shows any intrest in doing something together, don't hesitate to hold on tight and keep doing it;).

And don't blink - at that age t hey race through the years:D

Cheers and good on ya for sticking with your schedule:cool:

I have personally slipped on mine, some life stressors have me back on sugar and no extra workouts but I'm fighting it as best I can right now:oops:. I get some decent sweating in at my job though so I think that's keeping me level at least.

It was easier when I carried the tools and was in a physically active job. Flying a desk has taken its toll to be sure. Just that activity you get doing your job is a bonus over sitting all day.

My girl also wants to do bike rides. I need to get a tire replaced on my bike and we'll be good to go. I enjoy spending the time with her and she with me. :)

In 2006, I did the Portland to Coast with our company team (the walking one, not the Hood to Coast). I was in pretty good shape at the time and walked the 3rd fastest times for our team. They also were kind enough to give me the two longest legs (7 and 6.4 miles). It was very satisfying to do that event. Sadly, my daughter was born 6 months later and the change in schedules bumped me off my routine. Been trying to get back to that level of commitment since.

@SKrueger I'll certainly be happy to help cheer you on. It's definitely a benefit to me to be posting here and be somewhat accountable to you guys. I honestly appreciate the encouragement.

I'll second that @etrain16 I know I need to do something and listening to you guys actually makes me want to start and stick with it. I need to do it for myself and the family. I want to be around to enjoy my grandkids some day and not be to messed up to enjoy them.

Dude I'm 6'8" and I weigh 340 :confused:

My perfect weight was about 285-290 and built like a brick sheit house! Man I miss those days. I need to get back to that point.

At 6' 1", I found my best weight was 195-205. Got a lot of work to get back there again.

As they say, a journey of a thousand miles begins with one step. So glad I finally took that step again.

At 6' 1", I found my best weight was 195-205. Got a lot of work to get back there again.

As they say, a journey of a thousand miles begins with one step. So glad I finally took that step again.

I'm sure that I will never be as in shape as I was in my prime so I'd be happy with 275-280 and a stick built house :D

I'd love to get to 250 but I look like a tall azz skinny twig at that weight! :p

Same here at 200# (that's a pound sign for you young folk - archaic I knowo_O).

People ask me if I'm sick or that i need to eat more. At least they did the last time I was there but I was also not in shape or in good condition then either.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top