JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Okay, making plans to start exercising again tomorrow. Getting my gym bag packed up again and planning to do some light cardio, maybe a little light lifting - nothing too much so as not to injure myself or overdo it on the first day. More intensity can come in time. It's been a number of years since I've done regular workouts and I've been meaning to get back on this again for some time. I'm hoping by mentioning it here it will help give me encouragement when I'm tempted to back out.

Didn't wuss out today, did what I said. Did cardio plus some lifting, just enough to get started. I do try to keep a good form based on what I've read and heard from others.

Baby Steps are OK.
If you lift free weights, focus on technique/form.

Good for you Erik!:cool:

I've always been a free weight guy but after such a long time doing lifts, I have found that the machines are helping me with form and building up the muscles I need to do those excersise's with free weights.

Stretching first helps and core work has been a huge help for me.

Just finished up some sets of hammer curls with the 25's.

Sets:

Total: 120

2 minutes in between sets, timed on my phone. My boss encourages us to take breaks and hit the weights and/or walk around.

Good for you Erik!:cool:

I've always been a free weight guy but after such a long time doing lifts, I have found that the machines are helping me with form and building up the muscles I need to do those excersise's with free weights.

Stretching first helps and core work has been a huge help for me.

I'm sticking with the machines for now just to make sure my form is more correct. We do have free weights in the gym, but I'll probably wait on those for a while.

Just finished up some sets of hammer curls with the 25's.

Sets:

Total: 120

2 minutes in between sets, timed on my phone. My boss encourages us to take breaks and hit the weights and/or walk around.

Our at work gym is pretty well equipped - ellipticals, stationary bike, treadmills, rowing machine, weight machine, free weights, a wide range of dumbbells, mirrors to check your form, etc. Our company president encourages us to take time out of our day to exercise - we don't have to count it against lunch, etc. They want everyone to be healthy and strong, so they are willing to allow folks to do just that. We're also close to the east bank Esplanade, so it's easy, on nice days, to get out and walk a loop around the area and over the bridges - the new bridge has a nice incline to it, so it gives more of a workout to cross it.

I work at a gym and the only thing they want me to do is fix stuff:p.

You'd think they'd want a fat body like me to get in shape on the clock:rolleyes:.

They do give me some personal trainer hours and doubled it this year so that's pretty nice.

Been walking at least 3 miles a day. today, I rode my new Kona Honzo.
horkoV8Hfxhjdy4_IbhUB3e2QmkTR51uDOc7p0A6xAX1ubRX4pZBGK_1Zh6V57tH28vLBlCoTYfNywemmM=w1220-h915-no.jpg

My Fit app prods me to take 10,000 steps. That is 3 miles for me.
I am getting that in - 3 20min 1 mile walks. Before coffee - at lunch and EOWD.

My plan was to get 1 hour straight in on Sat / Sun,

Last weekend, on my feet 6 hours on gravel, and shooting. Didn't get 10k steps either day. On Steel day, I did not even get to 5,000 !

Do what you can, with what you got. And if it doesn't work out. Do it tomorrow.

via Caveman Circus
The Daily Man-Up
" RIGHT NOW is simultaneously the oldest I've ever been, and the youngest I will ever be again. Now is the time. For everything. Always.
Just start a new game."

1*r0NrL0vbbrkP2_zLnLHNXg.jpg

The app also prod'd me to be active for one hour. Now it says, you got that done easily, early. Let's set a higher goal. I don't like nagging.

I don't allow any devices, apps, or phone around to distract me when exercising.
When I walk every day. I won't even answer my phone. It's there in case I need to call out.

I don't take a phone or anything into the GYM with me.
I'm there for 45 min to an hour lifting weights. And I lift and lower slowly wile concentrating on the Mind muscle connection.

When I'm out of the gym then it's goof off time.

I get more results with less weights, than guy's that spend three hours in there dicking around. o_O

But then I think most young people are just in there to post pictures on line. ;)

I don't allow any devices, apps, or phone around to distract me when exercising.
When I walk every day. I won't even answer my phone. It's there in case I need to call out.

I'm there for 45 min to an hour lifting weights. And I lift and lower slowly wile concentrating on the Mind muscle connection.

I get more results with less weights, than guy's that spend three hours in there dicking around. o_O

But then I think most young people are just in there to post pictures on line. ;)

That's part of the reason I left my last gym. Too many people being idiots. Not wiping down equipment, striking up conversations I didn't want to have, taking selfies, talking loudly with their buddies, etc. I just want a place to be left alone so I can concentrate on what I'm doing. At our office gym, at the time I'll be using it, only one other person is likely to be there - and he keeps to himself too.

Ha, literally at the gym, on my phone right now. I goof off and get bubblegum done pretty good I think. After I get done lifting, off to swim a mile.....if the old folks are done with water aerobics.;) Hard to take my phone in the pool.

For now, until I get back into a rhythm again, I'll be limiting workouts to 3 days a week while I allow some recovery in between for the muscles that haven't done this in a while. Eventually hope to work up to 5 days a week like I used to.

Surprisingly not too sore today. In the past I would have pushed too hard starting out and paid for it. This time, I'm letting past knowledge help guide the reintroduction of these activities.

Not a damn thing! :( You guys might not be a good influence on my whiskey gut!

Ha, literally at the gym, on my phone right now. I goof off and get bubblegum done pretty good I think. After I get done lifting, off to swim a mile.....if the old folks are done with water aerobics.;) Hard to take my phone in the pool.

Hey If your happy with your results then great.
I am. And at 50 will compare physiques with anyone. At any age. ;)

And I like whisky too. :D

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads