JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
New job has me working and walking so much that I'm between a bit and a lot sore every night when I finally stop moving - great excersise though.

I expect in a month to two that I'll start working out on top of my daily job.

Money, loosing weight and gaining stamina plus muscle - hard to beat that :D:cool:

Got sick and they put me on the prednisone so I've been eating like a teenage boy...

I'm probably packing in a good 3-4K in calories a day and still loosing weight.

Dropped below 270 now;).

Jobs got me moving so much that it's probably going to be another month before I start a workout ontop of work though.

My wife came up to me and hugged me - yes, we show each other affection often still:D.

Then she says I've lost a lot of size in the belly.

I have been monitoring my weight and my 42's are pretty loose so I tried on a pair of my 40's and low and behold they fit again!

38 would be nice but I'm comfortable at 40 and have the most amount of clothes in that size.

Might have to spend another $150 on work shorts soon but other then that it's all finally starting to shed off and I'm gaining muscle back.

Hoping I'll be working out on my way home soon and actually working specific muscle groups (gaining stamina is happening at work but I'll probably get some cardio in on the rainy days and walk the dog on the nice ones).

I've got a couple stacks of rounds. My plan is to take a row and split it each day. So far, I've been at it 3-4 days a week. That and I'm trying to walk more.

I wish I had a green thumb but it's either the light we get in our yard and/or me cuz at a rental we had I grew 8' tomato plants without doing much at all.

So far all I can keep alive are rhododendrons and an elderberry bush that was supposed to be 6' max and it's gotta be 9-10' easy...

I plowed through some military and upright row curls with the 25's. Still nursing a back injury but I can still outlift guys 10 years my junior.

What I do for exercise today and 5 days a week is to become the caregiver for my 5 yr old grandson lately for 8-9 hrs a day alone. He is a typical 5 yr old boy full of energy and mischief and I am his disabled 66 yr old grandfather not so full of energy. Him and his mother have lived with us for 2 years now due to unfortunate circumstances that were of no fault of my daughter. My daughter recently returned to work and my wife works also so grandpa gets child care duties like so many generations of grandparents before have. When it comes to family you step up and do what needs to be done, it was only in last generation or two that parents living with their adult children and grandchildren became outside the norm. I find myself much more physically active and enjoy feeling useful again. Not the way I had planned for in spending my golden years but I had also not planned upon becoming disabled either.

I'm still shedding size in the belly like I'm on a celebrity diet, but it's just 5 day weeks, no breakfast, a protein shake for lunch and eating as much as I can when I get home.

Last day of antibiotics tomorrow so I'm hoping I'll stop sweating to the point where I look like I just walked out of the shower.

I got up and unloaded the 200 lbs break drums from my truck lol I don't really know how much they weigh but they are huge break drums from a 18wheeler and I cleaned them and spray painted them because they are now flower pots lol then I sat down and drank bout 7 beers LOL

Today, 5 sets, 15 reps per:
Bench #135
Crunches
Leg curls #135
Burpees
Bar roll outs
25 minutes

Yesterday I tried to do the "300" workout with half the weight but same reps. HA! That was a little ambitious for a fat guy. I only got through the box jumps. Wrecked me. I almost skipped this mornings workout because of it. If you're not pretty close to in shape (round doesn't count) I would recommend starting with something a little less intense and work your way up to that!

Today is leg day so I hit the weights and did squats after. Then cardio and mowed the lawn.

Also found a friend in the yard. :D

IMG_2541.JPG

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top