JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I woke up the other day and had a giant brown wood spider just sitting on the pillow next to me watching me sleep lol if it would have been a BLACK WINDOW I would be worried but I just sprayed that home defense spray around the house so far so good

2 questions:
1. Where do live? So I don't accidentally go near there.

2. Do you need help baking up some napalm?!
1. We get em all over North Carolina. You just don't see them often.
2. Nope, I just live day to day and the spiders don't mind.
I woke up the other day and had a giant brown wood spider just sitting on the pillow next to me watching me sleep lol if it would have been a BLACK WINDOW I would be worried but I just sprayed that home defense spray around the house so far so good
Sometimes when I go camping I'll find spiders in the tent. Normally just wolf spiders, black widow spiders prefer areas people normally don't go to.

Growing up with sailors, spiders were considered good luck on the sea.

Had a kid and tried to teach her to respect all life by catching inside and releasing outside.

Somewhere I went wrong cuz she has a phobia of spiders that is just this side of crazy parinoid, so I flush most of them to keep from having to go into her room 3 more times to double check - yea, it's enabling her a bit but we all have our quirks I guess and she tolerates her dad's fairly well so spiders are the one thing I give in on.

Washed the truck and the car trailer for an upcoming trip to Winchester Bay.... For this ole dude it's a workout... cause it taint no wittle twuck.....:eek::eek::eek::D
20170614_202655.jpg

Last Edited:
Thursday, 15 June, 2017. Gets starting light at 4:45 am. Long days. 43N, 123W. Kinda.

Life is such a bummer. Slept in today until 9:30 am. Usual double strength 4 cup pot of organic French Roast coffee. Usual bowl of plain one minute oatmeal with nothing added. The plan is to walk a bit this afternoon. Got a little rain early today. Cold, cloudy in SW OR.

Or ... spend a half hour on the exercise stationary bicycle. Project for today if I ever get around to it is to attach the wheels on the bottom of the nearly free 32" x 48" stainless steel medical table. Also possibly a high end fab table. Not sure. Garage sale find. $10 bucks.

Raising the height from 32" to about 38-40". That way I do not have to bend at the waist. Already figuring out how to attach the very old family hand me down 5" smooth jaw Craftsman made in the USA 60 year old bolt on bench vise. Does this count as meaningful exercise?

Dunno. Ideally when it finally gets hot and muggy in SW OR USA we will drag out the mountain bikes and start peddling our posteriors all over our town. Fun. Sweaty. Good cardio workout. The diet continues. The goal is a trim skinny 165. Wish me luck. I will need it.

Life is good. Retirement grand. :)

Did my daily walk in the rain.
I just kept my mind on how hot it's gona be in the next few months. And that made it feel almost good.

Then I went to the gym as usual.

Sometimes it feels a bit like ''Groundhog's Day''.
But exercising 1 or 2 hours every day helps keeps the pain and soreness down. And fits my schedule better than being dead 24 hours a day. :D

Still running around the gym trying to get more then is possible done in a day.

I'm so tired at the end that I come home and stuff myself with protein and some carbs and then dinners a couple hours away.

Just barely not into a 40 but the 42's are falling off me unless I sinch down on the belt.

Gonna have to start lifting soon.

Thursday, 15 June, 2017. Gets starting light at 4:45 am. Long days. 43N, 123W. Kinda.

Life is such a bummer. Slept in today until 9:30 am. Usual double strength 4 cup pot of organic French Roast coffee. Usual bowl of plain one minute oatmeal with nothing added. The plan is to walk a bit this afternoon. Got a little rain early today. Cold, cloudy in SW OR.

Or ... spend a half hour on the exercise stationary bicycle. Project for today if I ever get around to it is to attach the wheels on the bottom of the nearly free 32" x 48" stainless steel medical table. Also possibly a high end fab table. Not sure. Garage sale find. $10 bucks.

Raising the height from 32" to about 38-40". That way I do not have to bend at the waist. Already figuring out how to attach the very old family hand me down 5" smooth jaw Craftsman made in the USA 60 year old bolt on bench vise. Does this count as meaningful exercise?

Dunno. Ideally when it finally gets hot and muggy in SW OR USA we will drag out the mountain bikes and start peddling our posteriors all over our town. Fun. Sweaty. Good cardio workout. The diet continues. The goal is a trim skinny 165. Wish me luck. I will need it.

Life is good. Retirement grand. :)

I have a couple of those plus a couple of almost 100 year old of the 6"-8" variety. Have more vises than space to mount them, must have around 12-15 all the way from way teeny to way big. Also my piece of 135lb rail that is my anvil gives me a workout to lift. Would hate to lift a real anvil any more but at 66 my weight lifting days are over. My chasing around my 5 year old grandson who I watch every day must qualify as exercise. The "I remember when I used to do such and such" days are over. Like you I am just thankful to still be here.

Today is active recovery for the triceps, back, and chest. So pretty much the same as the original workout for the targeted muscles, just less weight and for the bodyweight exercises less overall reps. Benching 90 instead of 170, 40 push ups instead of 90, etc.

Gonna have to start lifting soon.
You should. If you start with resistance bands keep in mind you'll outgrow them. I almost had one snap on me when using it, stretched it a lot farther than I used to be able to and it the handle fell off. Almost lacerated my forearm.

Today is active recovery for the triceps, back, and chest. So pretty much the same as the original workout for the targeted muscles, just less weight and for the bodyweight exercises less overall reps. Benching 90 instead of 170, 40 push ups instead of 90, etc.

You should. If you start with resistance bands keep in mind you'll outgrow them. I almost had one snap on me when using it, stretched it a lot farther than I used to be able to and it the handle fell off. Almost lacerated my forearm.

I have access to a fully equipped gym and am past bands.

Might be small plates but I'll hopefully gain fast.

Smashed finger, nicks and cuts all over my hands and sore for the first time in awhile - did a great deal of work today and it feels great.

Still loosing size slowly but steadily. Belly is getting real loose, gotta admit I'll be happy when it's not so prominent.

Coming home and still getting stuff done instead of crashing to recoup for the next day so my stamina is still going well.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top