JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wife and I went snowshoeing for the first time and we love it!!! Only went 3 miles round trip but it was fun. Screw the Super Bowl, we're going again next Sunday.

If not already a member consider joining the Chemeketans in salem. Clinbing, hiking, SNOWSHOE trips of various levels. $ 20.00 a year gets you a busy monthly schedule of events. Maps and good company.., Here's an example of an email i got today..
Saturday, February 4, 8:00 a.m., SANTIAM CANYON SNOWSHOE

PRE-REG W/LDR: MONA KNAPP 503-473-3726

A gently graded trek through what we hope will be pristine new snow to a favorite snowshoe destination in the vicinity of Scar Mountain Road. One reward of this route is a majestic view of Mount Jefferson. Moderate pace.

RATED: MEDIUM, Driving dist RT 150 miles, SNOWSHOE dist 6 miles, Elev. 700 feet.

Hiked around four miles. Hills. Around 30F and winds around 50?.. with suicide big trees swaying everywhere.. so it was like f all cold. The knob (giggity) where I go looked all scrubbed and clean, what with a month of freezing temps and snow now and then and tons of branches crashing down on the below. Add the terrific winds and the constant gnomes picking up the detritus it's way different and more scoured than some weeks ago, allowing much more line of sight all around.
Oh, and I forgot my stupid gat but nothing else. Realized it about halfway there but didn't turn around.
I rarely do that. win

Same here! I currently really like Aaron Lewis, Willie Nelson and his generation of mega stars.

I'm even good with most of the new stuff.

I also like Rap, Classical, Dance, R&B, oldies, musicals and pretty much anything in between - In even down with some of the salsa and polkas:cool:.

I've played the piano and guitars. I'd like to get better at the guitar since it's been awhile. Blues is a lot of fun to play.

:s0048:I skip rap I don't think of it as music, hip hop either.
I grew up on Real Country, which is nothing like todays country. Classical but not all of it, oldies but goodies from the rock and roll era, some pop, and disco especially the Bee Gees, and got a big kick out of the stuff from the Travolta danceathon.
I played the Accordion as a youngster and even played in a band accompanying Myron Floren and Lawrence Welk, even Dick Contino. Does that date me? :eek:
Lots of polka but others as well, I liked it all.
Now to get back on topic My exercise was waking up then getting up and taking care of business in the library, :s0036:before going off to my non paying job as host at The Senior Center for 3 hours of answering the phone :s0082: and maybe a game of pool. Whew what a workout! I'm :s0081:.
Gabby

021.jpg

Started a Boxing class…. That burns a few! The beginning of the year I started tracking everything I eat and working out which mostly consisted of weights and a little running. I'm down 13 lbs which doesn't' sound like a lot but at the same time I have put on a bit of muscle as well. Think the boxing two-three times a week will kick it up a notch. Want to lose another 15 lbs which I should be able to accomplish by summer. Just this week I had two people ask if I have lost weight so something is working.

Strength Training for People My Age | Mark Rippetoe

"I was born in 1956. That makes me "old." Granted, I'm pretty beat up these days. I've had my share of injuries, the result of having lived a rather careless active life outdoors, on horses, motorcycles, bicycles, and the field of competition. People my age who have not spent their years in a chair have an accumulation of aches and pains, most of them earned the hard way. And for us, beat up or not, the best way to stay in the game is to train for strength."

Spring is on the way.
The days are longer and getting warmer.

I walk and go to the Gym like a broken record.
Still. I'm looking forward to the weather making it a bit more motivational. :D

I have noticed the buds on the trees. And the birds are sounding a bit Horney. o_O

I'm really hoping to get a job I applied for at a gym.

I've been loosing weight slowly since the knee surgery (down about 20lbs) but walking around a gym fixing and maintaining things will keep me moving constantly and then I'll have no excuse to work out for a short time each day to build muscle I'll need this fall.

I figure at 40 I better get a move on it or I'll get frail and prone to body pains and aches at some point.

Hot Tubbing for the Win

Research from Finland, published in 2015, suggested that frequent saunas can reduce the risk of having a heart attack or stroke—at least in men. The idea that passive heating can improve cardiovascular function received further support when the University of Oregon published a study the following year showing that regular hot baths can lower blood pressure.

http://www.newsweek.com/exercise-bath-calories-health-572054

I know, Newsweek = fake news source - but I so want this to be true.

1 Hour at 104F 40C = 30 mins of walking.
The idea is you need to raise your core temperature for a period of time.

I don't stretch enough. So that's the plan this spring.
My Physical therapist told me it really will be necessary if I don't want to be a complete cripple.

I told her that you never see a cheetah stretch out?
One second he's taking a nap.
And the next he's doing 60 MPH with a gazelle in his jaws. :D

She said ''How long do cheetahs live? Your 50''. o_O

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top