JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hey, was just looking for a free shed for someone here and saw this.. I've had them before and they're great..
free in Vancouver
<broken link removed>

My knee is still in the 95% back to normal...

I'm able to squat my body weight but not much more.

Never got set up with PT when we switched providers and have just been excersising it myself - probably a mistake but the copays are a bit much to be going twice a week when I can do resistance training at home. My last PT gave me the details of how to go about getting it there so I have a good idea of the body mechanics I need to work.

Have been just moving around the house but the nice weather is coming back and the dog and I will be walking a lot more on top of being able to put more weight on my leg (I can walk just fine, I do need a small warm up to keep from favoring it a bit in the morning but that does it for the day).

I am slowly shedding the weight I gained around the surgery and am looking forward to adding a backpack with weight in ot to be ready for some longwalks thru the brush this summer and fall to be ready for hunting.

Ya. I just take what I learned from a couple months of PT to the gym and do it there.

$95 a year gym membership is way cheaper. :D

Exactly;).

There is a planet fitness and lafitness less then a mile from me, I just haven't been in a position to commit to going often enough.

Once I'm employed, I'm hoping to hit a gym and get 20-30 min of workout in before I go home - it's much easier for me when I'm already out and about then to just go to the gym and back home.

This past weekend walked a trail again. Went half way across the cape fear river before my friend got too worried and asked me to turn back.

Can't have fun in the river with friends around.

image.jpeg

This past weekend walked a trail again. Went half way across the cape fear river before my friend got too worried and asked me to turn back.

Can't have fun in the river with friends around.

View attachment 353205

Dunno about that, you just need the right friends:p

Having been a lifeguard at a lake and a river, I can say for sure that you want a buddy around if your playing in the water - just too many things can go wrong, even for the very experienced (that's why they are all call swimming accidents:rolleyes:).

Glad you had fun though, it's too dang cold up here for water sports right now.

Also, I try not to check too often but I'm down another 4 lbs.

One at a time and then repeat I guess:D.

Edit:

A few more lbs and I'll be back in 42's which is 80% of my wardrobe. Then my 44's will be my IWB pants:rolleyes:

Dunno about that, you just need the right friends:p

Having been a lifeguard at a lake and a river, I can say for sure that you want a buddy around if your playing in the water - just too many things can go wrong, even for the very experienced (that's why they are all call swimming accidents:rolleyes:).

Glad you had fun though, it's too dang cold up here for water sports right now.
I compensate for lack of swimming buddies by swimming in the part closest to the shallow parts. If something happens I get caught by blunt rocks (injured is better than dead). Its the wildlife that's the main issue, some of them fish can get ya.

@Joe13 -- could you swing a kettle bell?

The author is the guy who brought the kettle bell to the USA
How to Do a Kettlebell Swing | The Art of Manliness

Alt work out:
Get Strong Fast: The Kettlebell Workout | The Art of Manliness

Kettlebell Exercise Routine | The Art of Manliness

And discussion transcript with a fitness trainer (who wants you to join, obviously)
Get Started Kettlebell Training | The Art of Manliness

Cheap - if you are not buying "name brand" or new
short - start with 1 min, work up to 10 30 second sessions = about 15/20 mins.
can do the "greasing the groove" whip out 5 swings every time you walk past the thing

You dont' have to buy any, just rig up a handle to a weight - even something a simple as a rope and a cinder block. But some pipe forming a T handle attached to old weights just about every guy owns, concrete in a 5 gal bucket (reinforced handle) - a 3 gal bucket of water is about 25 lbs, 5 40lbs.

Tim Ferriss: Superhuman - The Kettlebell Experiment - Bring One To Life For $10

thandle150.jpg gallery_9703_541_33324.jpg

@Joe13 -- could you swing a kettle bell?

The author is the guy who brought the kettle bell to the USA
How to Do a Kettlebell Swing | The Art of Manliness

Alt work out:
Get Strong Fast: The Kettlebell Workout | The Art of Manliness

Kettlebell Exercise Routine | The Art of Manliness

And discussion transcript with a fitness trainer (who wants you to join, obviously)
Get Started Kettlebell Training | The Art of Manliness

Cheap - if you are not buying "name brand" or new
short - start with 1 min, work up to 10 30 second sessions = about 15/20 mins.
can do the "greasing the groove" whip out 5 swings every time you walk past the thing

You dont' have to buy any, just rig up a handle to a weight - even something a simple as a rope and a cinder block. But some pipe forming a T handle attached to old weights just about every guy owns, concrete in a 5 gal bucket (reinforced handle) - a 3 gal bucket of water is about 25 lbs, 5 40lbs.

Tim Ferriss: Superhuman - The Kettlebell Experiment - Bring One To Life For $10

View attachment 353277 View attachment 353278

Yea I could do those:)

Thanks for the links!

Fitness: We are also training our energy systems (with a brief comment on weight-maintenance) - Maggie's Farm

Short read at link

A balanced fitness program (resistance, calisthenics, cardio, and endurance) ends up stressing all 3 energy systems without your having to think about it at all. That is just one of the many reasons why we endorse balanced fitness exercise programs instead of a single path (such as all weights, or all aerobics).

Good summary of exercise and energy systems here.

Posted by Dr. Joy Bliss

Yea I could do those:)

Thanks for the links!

I have a few kettle bells that I do the majority of my strength training with and they are perfect for what I need. I do a load of Brazilian jiu jitsu and they help a lot with explosive power and grip strength. I also downloaded a DVD set called extreme kettle bell cardio by a guy named keith webber and it is surprisingly good.
About 2 years ago I was spending 2 hours a day in the gym at least 5 days a week... I gave it all up for jiu jitsu and body weight/kettle bell training and I feel better then I ever have.... and I'm a lot better at choking people hahaha

My college professor that I took all my lifting classes from said often that if you can't get your workout done in less then an hour then your spending too much time ogling the opposite sex:D:rolleyes:.

Hit the gym. I've, generally, been a religious gym goer for a long time now. The last few months (pretty much December until now) has featured insanely long hours at work, and problems at the homestead, so I've slipped more than a little bit. It is so good to be back. :D

image.jpg Between today and yesterday I cut through thick salmonberrys, Salal and vine maple then dug the earth 3' wide and laid in a path for approx 3/4 mile long while building a hiking trail complete with a foot bridge over a stream. All hand tools like polaskys, picks shovels saws and axes. All old school.
This was on all kinds of terrain from level to steep.
A work out and a half. There aren't many inches on this old body that isn't feeling it right now,
But damned if I don't feel good about feeling sore!

View attachment 357207 Between today and yesterday I cut through thick salmonberrys, Salal and vine maple then dug the earth 3' wide and laid in a path for approx 3/4 mile long while building a hiking trail complete with a foot bridge over a stream. All hand tools like polaskys, picks shovels saws and axes. All old school.
This was on all kinds of terrain from level to steep.
A work out and a half. There aren't many inches on this old body that isn't feeling it right now,
But damned if I don't feel good about feeling sore!

And I thought Easter was traumatic:eek:

FEEL-GOOD ITEM OF THE DAY: Man drinks 13 beers during a half marathon he didn't train for.

A former high-school cross-country and track athlete, Farnan completed his feat at the Holy Half Marathon on April 1. He finished a Coors Light before starting the race, and then downed another at each mile marker. (He arranged for a friend with a backpack full of reserves to accompany him on a bike.) Still, he completed the race in 1:43:42, running just under eight-minute mile splits, and captured the whole thing using a GoPro. (See it here; includes some not-safe-for-work language.)

"There was no point where I thought I wouldn't finish," Farnan says, despite deciding to run just the day before the race. "I thought, you know, I'll do it, but I haven't been training properly. How do I run it without being worried about my time?" The answer was "beer."

Isn't it always?
-- Via Stephen Green
Instapundit » Blog Archive » FEEL-GOOD ITEM OF THE DAY: Man drinks 13 beers during a half marathon he didn't train for. A form…

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top