JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Of course I am. I have done well with my minor betting so far. I bet at -300 that the Islam/Bobby fight does NOT go the distance. That should be easy $$$. (Until it isn't, but my largest bet). Smaller bet that Islam wins by submission. Also 3-part parlay where two have already one - last one Misha. Fun stuff.

Islam at -900 is not worth betting - crazy. So worth digging up other angles. I am not a big gambler, just for entertainment/sport and it makes watching so much more exciting.

Also went the gym this AM and REALLY pushed it hard. We need a UFC/MMA thread here!

EDIT: Well it didn't do the distance! But Misha was a sloppy wrestler. About broke even in the end and that is all I can ask for .............

The Official NWF UFC/MMA NWF Thread

SHOCKING NEWS FROM THE WORLD OF SCIENCE: Muscle-strengthening activities cut risk of death from some diseases, study finds. "Engaging in 30 to 60 minutes of muscle strengthening activity weekly can reduce the risk of death from heart disease, diabetes, cancer and other causes by up to 20%, an analysis published Monday by the British Journal of Sports Medicine found. This is independent of any aerobic exercise, such as walking, swimming, jogging or bike-riding, the researchers said."

highlighting added. https://instapundit.com/506432/

SHOCKING NEWS FROM THE WORLD OF SCIENCE: Muscle-strengthening activities cut risk of death from some diseases, study finds. "Engaging in 30 to 60 minutes of muscle strengthening activity weekly can reduce the risk of death from heart disease, diabetes, cancer and other causes by up to 20%, an analysis published Monday by the British Journal of Sports Medicine found. This is independent of any aerobic exercise, such as walking, swimming, jogging or bike-riding, the researchers said."

highlighting added. https://instapundit.com/506432/
I do 90-ish minutes daily five days a week. I'm gonna live forever! 😆

As a geezer - I was joking leaving the gym today that I am in training for Delta Park Senior Softball - it shouldn't be that I am now as strong and fast as I was 35 years ago. Definitely more than I was in my 45-55 years (overweight).

I swear I've noticed a lot more muscle definition in the last 4-6 months as well as strength. Maybe it is because I take more pills than any old lady. Who knows. These are what I take.

Never was a fan of protein powders and drinks but these are low in sugars. Just started the protein about four months ago. I do eat protein rich foods like hamburger/steak also. Curious if anyone else is taking supplements.

The stuff is not cheap nor are healthy foods. I spent $500 on just myself last month. As I had low T test a year ago I thought about TRT. Hate that it is pretty much a one-way street though. Done a lot of HITT and other stuff 'they' say helps with T.
I do take 15-20mgs of Boron daily which in clinical tests increases most men's T by 20%+. Curious about doing another mail-in test.

I guess I want to enjoy my remaining physically active years as I know ten years from now I might just be - very old. LOL! (Sick sense of humor)

Capture.JPG

Last Edited:
As a geezer - I was joking leaving the gym today that I am in training for Delta Park Senior Softball - it shouldn't be that I am now as strong and fast as I was 35 years ago. Definitely more than I was in my 45-55 years (overweight).

I swear I've noticed a lot more muscle definition in the last 4-6 months as well as strength. Maybe it is because I take more pills than any old lady. Who knows. These are what I take.

Never was a fan of protein powders and drinks but these are low in sugars. Curious if anyone else is taking supplements.

The stuff is not cheap nor are healthy foods. I spent $500 on just myself last month.

View attachment 1144094
I try to get my protein intake via healthy, natural foods, but I do a scoop of whey protein powder and a small scoop of creatine in my overnight oats for breakfast. I also drink BCAAs during my workout and another 50-ish grams of whey protein powder after lifting. I used to do a cup of cottage cheese before bed for the slow digesting casein protein overnight but that fell by the wayside.

I try to get 1 gram or more of protein per pound of ideal bodyweight per day and the protein shake as a meal just makes it easier.

Never was a fan of protein powders and drinks but these are low in sugars. Just started the protein about four months ago. I do eat protein rich foods like hamburger/steak also. Curious if anyone else is taking supplements.

The stuff is not cheap nor are healthy foods. I spent $500 on just myself last month. As I had low T test a year ago I thought about TRT. Hate that it is pretty much a one-way street though. Done a lot of HITT and other stuff 'they' say helps with T.
I do take 15-20mgs of Boron daily which in clinical tests increases most men's T by 20%+. Curious about doing another mail-in test.

I guess I want to enjoy my remaining physically active years as I know ten years from now I might just be - very old. LOL! (Sick sense of humor)
This is the extent of my supplements.

20220302_192841.jpg

Yeah - I believe before four months ago I was protein deficient. Good to know.
I can't recommend this article enough. It was a game changer for me.

Bert: keep an eye on the ingredients of the multiple ingredient things. Too much of some things can be horrific for your health, and it's good to know what those are before you trip your bodies circuit breaker. I'm not saying this is the case with you. But in the case there were, say, Vitamin A or Zinc in 3 or 4 different supplements/powders - it would be easy to overdose.

I knew a (very literate/smart) guy doing all that kind of stuff (multiple natural health supplements) who was super healthy and super strong and fit for his age. Whammo, heat attack: dead in seconds. Add Collidal silver to your list of stuff. Dude swore by it.

For myself, I started taking collagen stuff, and it didn't seem to do anything. I recently added Weider Testosterone booster from Costco and it's doing the same thing as the collagen. Not much. Have been noshing Quercetin with Zinc, D3, C, E, B's and NAC for Covid protection -which I've avoided so far.

Best to all:

Thanks! - yes I've used Collidal Silver for years. Buy it in a gallon, add to a spray bottle atop the toilet to remind to take it pre-bedtime. In 2017 I was around people everywhere with brutal flus and colds at a Vancouver WA job. The place was emptied out cause 90% called in sick. I used silver 2-3 times a day and never got a sniffle. Phone work, so literally touching everyone's germs haha. (I LOVE George Carlin's take on Germs)

Zinc is new to me mostly, and learned to balance it with a copper supplement. D3 + K2.
Come a long way from my youth ordering three Big Macs with extra everything. Now I try to eat pasture raised. Avoid all Soy oils. Like I said, expensive but instead of toys, parasites (not married haha), and other stuff.

Ash Williams's pre-workout Overnight Oats:

1. 1/2 cup Kodiak Protein Oats
  2. 1 scoop protein powder
  3. 1 teaspoons stevia
  4. 1 scoop creatine
  5. Handful of frozen berries
  6. 1 cup 2% milk
Mix well in a container and place in fridge overnight. Enjoy before your workout.

Protein content: 49 grams

20220303_183537.jpg

Last Edited:
Different strokes brother. Low carb guy here. Without it I could have never lost 70 lbs. All the exercise in the world would have meant nothing. Everyone's needs are different though. When I look at giant 260 lb UFC fighters and know I got that big I simply cannot believe it. Now about 185. Weight gain from about 45 onward is a sneaky devil. All you have to do is gain maybe .5 lbs a month. People that are into constant hard core exercise and are very active can burn up carbs. Guys like me that have insulin resistance not so much.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top