JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In the gym bright and early. It's amazing seeing the woman behind the counter's entire face after two years and having an enjoyable conversation about it.

Anyway, it's arms day today and I'm going to switch it up by following this routine.

Shoulders yesterday. It was a volume workout. High reps lower weights.
Lots of smiles yesterday with face diapers off. I did see a few weirdos who still had them on and caught one surveying the gym with a disapproving head shake.

3 glorious hours of powder this morning on the snowboard. We dipped early because my son hurt his back last week in wrestling. Then tweeked it today trying to get front flips down.

Well now that the New Year's Resolution folks have thrown in the towel there is lots of room and supersets are free and clear.

Empty Gym.JPEG

Mrs. Teflon retired last week (I pulled the plug 5 years ago) and we're getting our new schedules in sync, doing what we call "double-whammy" days. Exercise video of some sort together every morning and a spirited walk every afternoon/eve (or jog or elliptical). Rain or shine, it doesn't matter, we have light rain gear.

Used to be we had to wait for weekends to go do something together. Now Sat and Sun are for yardwork and home projects. Weekdays are to go hit empty trails everywhere! Mondays are no longer a source of creeping dread.

Yesterday, my neighbor across the street gave me a steel workout mace. Apparently, he's a lot stronger than me, and the one he gifted me doesn't weigh enough for him. I'm not sure how soon I might outgrow this one and pass it on - if ever. For now, it's plenty for this rank beginner.

Mrs. Teflon retired last week (I pulled the plug 5 years ago) and we're getting our new schedules in sync, doing what we call "double-whammy" days. Exercise video of some sort together every morning and a spirited walk every afternoon/eve (or jog or elliptical). Rain or shine, it doesn't matter, we have light rain gear.

Used to be we had to wait for weekends to go do something together. Now Sat and Sun are for yardwork and home projects. Weekdays are to go hit empty trails everywhere! Mondays are no longer a source of creeping dread.

Yesterday, my neighbor across the street gave me a steel workout mace. Apparently, he's a lot stronger than me, and the one he gifted me doesn't weigh enough for him. I'm not sure how soon I might outgrow this one and pass it on - if ever. For now, it's plenty for this rank beginner.

You're lucky that you have a partner to exercise with. Getting my family active requires an act of God as I've got a gaggle of phone zombies on my hands.

You're lucky that you have a partner to exercise with. Getting my family active requires an act of God as I've got a gaggle of phone zombies on my hands.

I take phones away.

I'm pretty fortunate to have 2 kids that are athletes that don't mind going to the gym or taking a walk.
The wife used to do both things, not so into the gym anymore.

Added Drag Curls to my arm workout. Charles Glass has great advice. Gets a lot of looks as in wtf is that guy doing? Screw 'em, I can tell they are doing the trick. Looking for ways to really hit certain spots a lot harder. My recovery time has never been shorter (nutrition). Will deliberately beat the heck of a smaller muscle and the next day, nothing sore. Shoulders the exception because of age and lack of cartilage, etc.

Added Drag Curls to my arm workout. Charles Glass has great advice. Gets a lot of looks as in wtf is that guy doing? Screw 'em, I can tell they are doing the trick. Looking for ways to really hit certain spots a lot harder. My recovery time has never been shorter (nutrition). Will deliberately beat the heck of a smaller muscle and the next day, nothing sore. Shoulders the exception because of age and lack of cartilage, etc.

Try 21's if you haven't already...
Great finisher for biceps especially after drag curls.

Yes I do those. Funny I did 21s the other day for the first time in many years.

Back in my youth used to do pass-offs up to ten and back down again. I do 1, you do 1, I do 2, you do 2 .... all the way to 10 and back down to 1 again. Also with someone stronger. Crazy. The last ones would really test muscle stamina.

Yes I do those. Funny I did 21s the other day for the first time in many years.

Back in my youth used to do pass-offs up to ten and back down again. I do 1, you do 1, I do 2, you do 2 .... all the way to 10 and back down to 1 again. Also with someone stronger. Crazy. The last ones would really test muscle stamina.

If you're watching YouTube guys check out Seth Feroce. The guy is a machine. He tells it like it is. If language is offensive you may not like him.

Another method/theory is FST7. It's based on periodization and volume
My son and I have done a FST7 bicep exercise a few times after plateauing on size.
Arms absolutely blew up after words.

Not happy about it, but I've decided to address alcohol and drinking, or reducing/stopping it for better health.

Difficult when two of my four closest friends are pretty much alcoholics who won't be satisfied until their livers and organs are liquified. In your 20s-30s maybe, but in your 40s-60s-70s drink every day and you will most likely die an unpleasant death.

My problem was these new seltzer sodas that have <2 carbs and taste like heaven. Started stocking them at home and it became a habit just to have 2 or 3 to relax end of day. The bad news is when I do that, typically your liver does not burn/process fat for 20-36 hours. It seems like it shouldn't, but it also messes up your sleep cycle.

I should, I know, stop 100% because I can - not an alchi or addicted however everything guys over 50 do socially involves three things. Eating, sitting and drinking. Pretty much NEVER want to do anything active.

Last weekend I went out with friends to a country bar, Ponderosa Lounge. Decided not to drink. Got hammered by friends over it. Nothing angers an alcoholic more than a friend not pounding them down along side them.

For now I've decided not to drink when alone, at home, no matter how bad my day was and how tasty a tall cool one would be.

Same logic as when I gave up sugars, processed garbage that spikes insulin and kills exercise benefits. I am not confused about the issue of alcohol and understand that it is pretty much poison to the human body.

Well, will see how it goes. Funny the only thing left in my fridge are <2 carb seltzers and Michelob Ultras.

Not happy about it, but I've decided to address alcohol and drinking, or reducing/stopping it for better health.

Difficult when two of my four closest friends are pretty much alcoholics who won't be satisfied until their livers and organs are liquified. In your 20s-30s maybe, but in your 40s-60s-70s drink every day and you will most likely die an unpleasant death.

My problem was these new seltzer sodas that have <2 carbs and taste like heaven. Started stocking them at home and it became a habit just to have 2 or 3 to relax end of day. The bad news is when I do that, typically your liver does not burn/process fat for 20-36 hours. It seems like it shouldn't, but it also messes up your sleep cycle.

I should, I know, stop 100% because I can - not an alchi or addicted however everything guys over 50 do socially involves three things. Eating, sitting and drinking. Pretty much NEVER want to do anything active.

Last weekend I went out with friends to a country bar, Ponderosa Lounge. Decided not to drink. Got hammered by friends over it. Nothing angers an alcoholic more than a friend not pounding them down along side them.

For now I've decided not to drink when alone, at home, no matter how bad my day was and how tasty a tall cool one would be.

Same logic as when I gave up sugars, processed garbage that spikes insulin and kills exercise benefits. I am not confused about the issue of alcohol and understand that it is pretty much poison to the human body.

Well, will see how it goes. Funny the only thing left in my fridge are <2 carb seltzers and Michelob Ultras.

I only drink on Saturday nights. It's a balance that seems to work well for me.

I gave up alcohol 9 years ago. Otherwise I might not be writing this.
While I don't mind being around folks partaking, I can't be a person that has just 1 or 2. I commend the folks who can do that.

For me, it was the single best decision health and lifestyle wise I ever made.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top