JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Went out to one of the local trails and turned right...into the brush to crosscountry walkabout some. The blow down kept the pace super slow and eventually I gave up and got back on the trail. 3 more miles. Pup flushed a Mountain Grouse, but it ducked into brush and she didn't get it to flush to wing.

_nc_ohc=MnL21Wvtb3gAX9ZFPZc&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

Went to do Leg Day awhile back. Weights stacked on the leg press machine with towel and water bottle. It all sits there for 5 minutes before guy walks up, does a set, and walks off. I'm watching him and he is running a circuit on ALL the leg stations with towels and weights at them.

Don't be this guy.

signal-2022-01-14-06-47-59-285.jpg

Went to do Leg Day awhile back. Weights stacked on the leg press machine with towel and water bottle. It all sits there for 5 minutes before guy walks up, does a set, and walks off. I'm watching him and he is running a circuit on ALL the leg stations with towels and weights at them.

Don't be this guy.

View attachment 1129195

That irritates me!
I get it but I don't get it.

I've had folks whine because I have 2 cables tied up with up for a super set.
I can't imagine how bunched up their panties would be if they saw a circuit set being done with 8 exercises.

That irritates me!
I get it but I don't get it.

I've had folks whine because I have 2 cables tied up with up for a super set.
I can't imagine how bunched up their panties would be if they saw a circuit set being done with 8 exercises.
Yeah, while I'm griping, another peeve of mine is people who lounge on the equipment looking at their phones for five minutes. I suppose I should be assertive and just ask, "Hey, mind if I work in?" It's just that there are so many phone zombies at the gym that it astounds me. My phone goes in my pocket the entire time and only because I stream spotify.

Another peeve is people who stand there and watch TVs on the wall. I wear a ballcap to block that bubblegum out.

Good luck with that! Mobile phone zombies everywhere. My mobile phone stays in the car or in my locker. My friend, who is also about 60, acts like a teen with his phone at the gym. Constantly playing with it, checking it, watching it, staring at it - worshipping it. UGH. Society started sliding into the sewer big time in 2007. The advent of mobiles/social media.

This guy really nailed the braindead narcissism that has taken over. Sadly, Idiocracy is already here.

I track my workout on my phone...
I don't spend more than 30 seconds typing in sets, reps, and weight.

I've watched ladies park their nicely shaped asses on a piece of equipment. Do a rep. 5 minutes on the phone. Do a rep. 5 minutes. Rep. 5 minutes. Rep. 5 minutes. Rep. Then sit there for 15 minutes.
Meanwhile folks are lighting fires and sharpening pitch forks.

I enjoy my days that stuff is clear and I hammer the work out in 60 minutes full intensity with zero holdups.

Last Edited:
Early Morning, worked out in the gym, weights. I'm with BBQ guy and don't sit around at all, try to get my heart rate up as I lift. Do biceps, move to tricep machine, back to bicep etc etc. end with 15 min in the sauna stretching.

After breakfast, moved/installed head size to microwave sized rocks for a landscaping project.

Late AM, went up and skiied at Meadows till the quads were pwned and the snow was warmish.

Did a short hike on the way home. Fitbit says 16,921 steps today, less than the 19,000+ yesterday. Best of all, no alcohol and minimal sugar today. 2 days back, stupidly drank a full bottle of Cabernet starting with dinner and also ate a full pint of Haagen Daz after dinner.

2 days back, stupidly drank a full bottle of Cabernet starting with dinner and also ate a full pint of Haagen Daz after dinner.
I question the wisdom and fortitude of anyone who says they "stupidly" drank a full bottle of Cabernet. You should not beat yourself up over it...
Regarding inhaling a pint of Häagen-Dazs, on the other hand... :rolleyes:

I question the wisdom and fortitude of anyone who says they "stupidly" drank a full bottle of Cabernet. You should not beat yourself up over it...
Regarding inhaling a pint of Häagen-Dazs, on the other hand... :rolleyes:
Gluttony is it's own reward? LOL.

Really pushed hard today at the gym but need some variety. When the weather is warmer I'll go to Dunaway Park off Barbur in Portland and walk/run the track. Just to be outdoors and catch some Vitamin D rays and fresh air. None of which happen at the gym with the face diaper mandate still in place.

When my back was bugging me for a week or so and I stopped going to the gym, mentally I started falling into a funk. Hell w/ muscles and all that, for me it is therapy for lack of a better word.

I watch some motivational videos on You Tube now and then. UFC Fan. Hardcore (Khamzat Style) workouts.
[h4][/h4]

Of course I am. I have done well with my minor betting so far. I bet at -300 that the Islam/Bobby fight does NOT go the distance. That should be easy $$$. (Until it isn't, but my largest bet). Smaller bet that Islam wins by submission. Also 3-part parlay where two have already one - last one Misha. Fun stuff.

Islam at -900 is not worth betting - crazy. So worth digging up other angles. I am not a big gambler, just for entertainment/sport and it makes watching so much more exciting.

Also went the gym this AM and REALLY pushed it hard. We need a UFC/MMA thread here!

EDIT: Well it didn't do the distance! But Misha was a sloppy wrestler. About broke even in the end and that is all I can ask for .............

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top