JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sorry for being a little off subject, but I see two things - sugars and alcohol - as the saboteurs of health and fitness.

For now, I am ok with only drinking 1 or 2 nights a week and not going nuts. One of my friends drinks a lot every day and NEVER lets his body have a break. Pretty much begged him to skip just a couple days a week, but no. He is 60 with the physicality of a 75+ year old. Oh well, we all make choices. Hate being preachy though.

60 minutes at the gym today. Bi's and Tri's.
Mostly supersets.
Then home and 75 minutes of yard mowing and weed eating.
Dinner was 2 elk sliders, about 5 ounces of wonderful free range meat.

Last Edited:
Mostly for the autophagy effects, stopped eating yesterday. Fasting today through Friday. Only water, green tea, electrolytes (sea salt, potassium). No vitamins, no powders, no gum.

Since I have more energy when fasting, I pour on the workouts even harder. Will easily trim off ten pounds this week, mostly fat cause that is all I'm giving my body to burn. Wed-Thurs will be decent weather for some Dunaway Park jogs and sprints.

The only thing more hard core is dry fasting and that almost killed me. Passed out over the toilet. Woke up a few seconds later, laughing about it.

Changed my alarm clock to Cole Robinson barking "Hey Fatty. Stay hungry you fat POS. Hungry MFers accomplish $$$t." Odd that I can type that on YouTube or watch it on his Snake Diet channel but not here. Oh Well. Censorship, my fav.

Mostly for the autophagy effects, stopped eating yesterday. Fasting today through Friday. Only water, green tea, electrolytes (sea salt, potassium). No vitamins, no powders, no gum.

Since I have more energy when fasting, I pour on the workouts even harder. Will easily trim off ten pounds this week, mostly fat cause that is all I'm giving my body to burn. Wed-Thurs will be decent weather for some Dunaway Park jogs and sprints.

The only thing more hard core is dry fasting and that almost killed me. Passed out over the toilet. Woke up a few seconds later, laughing about it.

Changed my alarm clock to Cole Robinson barking "Hey Fatty. Stay hungry you fat POS. Hungry MFers accomplish $$$t." Odd that I can type that on YouTube or watch it on his Snake Diet channel but not here. Oh Well. Censorship, my fav.
You are working out in a fasting state for 3-4 days? Burt, I don't even think that's healthy man. I could understand intermittent fasting and dialing your caloric intake back similar to contest or fight prep, but not 3-4 days of zero calories. Not only will you lose body fat but you're going to lose muscle mass as well.

Here's my morning alarm that plays every weekday at 4:30 am, and no, I'm not joking. I set it through Spotify. 😆

No worries losing muscle with fasting and exercise. Growth hormones go through the roof. Plus your body goes for the easiest sources of energy. Glucose first, then any available fat, and then, and only then, muscle. Caveat is you are fat adapted first. Exercising from zero carbs... gluconeogenesis beast mode!

When exercising fat adapted, it is like you have a 1000 gallon gas tank vs a 5 gallon sugar tank. With 95% of people literally like being nuclear powered.

Before I knew anything at all, there was Butter Bob. Miss this guy.

Last Edited:
_nc_ohc=A0tCv5DM8z8AX9WsyvB&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

No worries losing muscle with fasting and exercise. Growth hormones go through the roof. Plus your body goes for the easiest sources of energy. Glucose first, then any available fat, and then, and only then, muscle. Caveat is you are fat adapted first. Exercising from zero carbs... gluconeogenesis beast mode!

When exercising fat adapted, it is like you have a 1000 gallon gas tank vs a 5 gallon sugar tank. With 95% of people literally like being nuclear powered.

Before I knew anything at all, there was Butter Bob. Miss this guy.
Quitting sugar and going low carb with a healthy diet can burn a lot of fat.

I went deep into keto and went from 334lbs to 249lbs in 6 months. Just takes the desire and discipline.

The benefit of adding muscle at the same time is that your body will prioritize supporting the muscle cells over supporting the fat cells. The more muscle you add the less fat you can maintain.

I just need to convince myself to add muscle :(

I know personally from past experience that I can add muscle fast. I've just been lacking the motivation and focus.

Need a gym crew to join and have the bro community again to drag me to the gym to throw some plates around.

Nice Kristopher thanks for sharing. Lost 75 lbs myself. When I watch a UFC heavyweight fight and a guy is 259 lbs I still can't believe that was me. In fact when I've shared that with a couple people at the gym they insist I am exaggerating.

Nutrition is 85%, Exercise is 15%. For many years I beat the crap out of myself running, weights, all sorts of exercise. The "Biggest Loser" type of attempt at conditioning. A failure 99% of the time long term. That is why there is never a reunion show. Yes, I guess if someone exercised 6-8 hours a day like on that show and ate a cracker or two only, they do lose weight.
But no one can continue that and have a job, a life, time.

Now that you know what works nutrition-wise, get to the gym or just mix it up with some bodyweight exercises at home. I have a flat bench, a curl bar and dumbbells. If I can't make it I get enough done while watching Rocky III :)
"My Prediction?? .... yes, your prediction ......."Pain."

Just make a routine out of it. It WAS easier when I lived two blocks from a gym.

Nice Kristopher thanks for sharing. Lost 75 lbs myself. When I watch a UFC heavyweight fight and a guy is 259 lbs I still can't believe that was me. In fact when I've shared that with a couple people at the gym they insist I am exaggerating.

Nutrition is 85%, Exercise is 15%. For many years I beat the crap out of myself running, weights, all sorts of exercise. The "Biggest Loser" type of attempt at conditioning. A failure 99% of the time long term. That is why there is never a reunion show. Yes, I guess if someone exercised 6-8 hours a day like on that show and ate a cracker or two only, they do lose weight.
But no one can continue that and have a job, a life, time.

Now that you know what works nutrition-wise, get to the gym or just mix it up with some bodyweight exercises at home. I have a flat bench, a curl bar and dumbbells. If I can't make it I get enough done while watching Rocky III :)
"My Prediction?? .... yes, your prediction ......."Pain."

Just make a routine out of it. It WAS easier when I lived two blocks from a gym.
The worst part is that we have an employee gym at work, I've only gone three times.

As with most situations in life, we only have ourselves to blame for the choices we make or don't make. Nobody can do it for you, nobody can pay the price for you. It's not anyone else's fault. No matter your origins. You are the one making your life choices so it's time to grow up and make them. If you are fat then you can fix it :) if your job doesn't pay enough, you can find a better one. If your relationships are stressful or hurtful, you can make new ones.

When you're wiling to pay the price of time and effort you can change almost everything in your life...

I'm not ranting randomly.... just trying to fire myself up...

Absolutely! I've tried to help a couple friends and thrown in the towel. YOU have to want to get healthy. Get fired up KK!

I have a break from work so headed to the gym and rowdy as a mofo. Light on my feet, empty gut lol, going to really push it.

Will watch on the treadmill warm up:

More on the muscle loss myth when fasting:

Last Edited:
Done fasting. Broke it with steamed veggies and lean turkey meat, then tuna salad and hour later. Thomas D. video on Youtube was very helpful. Probably the only negative is I normally feel like crap after refeed meal cause I go right back to fats, which are a challenge to a barren stomach.

Eating a mild kind of 'baby food' meal lets your stomach ramped up.
Steamed cauliflower, squash, asparagus - all a lit overcooked and soggy - best best.
In five days bodyweight down by 9 lbs, then back 4-6 in probably 24hrs-48hrs. Lost probably one lb of actually body fat as it went down .2%.

However the real benefit is Autophagy and cleaning out the trash.

Back to OMAD or 3 hour eating window with the UFC fight at Ilani today the exception. Being forced to eat there HAHA.

I've been cooking healthy, I hate it. Doing my daily stretches, hate those too. I am down 8lbs, so it is making a difference.

Even picked up a new knee brace. Took my inaugural walk this morning, just under 3 miles today. My feet aren't happy but I wasn't exhausted, just tired.

I don't recognize that fat, balding, bearded, going grey, fella who stares at me when I look in the mirror. Where'd that stud with the pompadour and sideburns go?

The knee brace and feet hurting. That I can definitely relate to 100%. A few years ago I got off a telecom cabling job after 8-10 hours on a ladder in Rockwood. My feet were destroyed. I seriously had a hard time getting to my van thanks to the extra 70 lbs at the time.

Googled "Orthopedic Shoes." The first video was an old one where the guy (Snake Diet) was shouting it isn't your shoes you fat POS! Damn that hit home and had me laughing. When I looked in the mirror I didn't see a 259 lb guy, but I was.

The trouble was how can I workout being so heavy w/o risking injury? I found out slowly that nutrition first was the way to go. For men our 45-55 age is the decision time. Accept being overweight or obese or do something about it.

Get healthy to lose weight not lose weight to get healthy.
My first step was cutting out sugars and eating in an 8-hour 10am-6pm window.

Knees over toes guy on YT/IG has a comprehensive knee strengthening program. The only thing I do off it is pull a sled backwards. It helped a ton with knee pain. Using a treadmill on incline backwards also works.

I realized I needed to get serious about my health when I was taking a whizz. I looked down and realized I couldn't see myself over the beer belly! That was a wake up call.

I walked around the neighborhood twice today, totally exhausted but I made it. Being a desk jockey has really taken its toll on me.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top