JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That sounds like 2 years of beating that doctor with shoe you can't wear.
The doc who told me it'll be 2 years is my second opinion doc.
I fired the doc who phuq'd me up, and I don't speak to him anymore.
My attorney will speak to him...

The doc who told me it'll be 2 years is my second opinion doc.
I fired the doc who phuq'd me up, and I don't speak to him anymore.
My attorney will speak to him...
Good.
I hope you are reimbursed for the poor work he did, pain, and suffering. Hopefully he is not allowed to practice anymore after you are done.

If not, kick his arse just for the fun of it.

If not, kick his arse just for the fun of it.
That'll have to wait for a coupla years, when I'm all healed up.
Right now, I'm the living embodiment of a one-legged man in an asskickin' contest... :rolleyes:

Back to the normal programming.

I was at the gym today with my son for 90 minutes.
He is coming along nicely. He is loving deadlifts and I'm going to make him love squats.
The DL's have paid off on the field his explosiveness off the line is winning games. He lays waste to opponents twice his size without losing momentum.

Not popular to say, but I have an electronic scale and an app. Weigh myself every AM. Right now I am 200lbs and that is my limit. Just refuse to get careless. That is what happened to me age 42-49. Gain just ONE lb a month for instance. There you are 75+ lbs heavier. Lack of discipline is a killer. Right now I am hungry and lots of tasty treats await, but hell no.
That scrawny model chick said it correct. Nothing tastes as good as thin feels. 1632712856503.JPEG

My weight has steadily increased over the past 10 months since the botched operation as a result of my inability to exercise or walk or run or use a treadmill or bicycle or whatever. Nerve damage is so sux0r, man... I hope one day to be able to wear a tennis shoe again and shed this BS weight.
In AFG, 7 years ago as a young man of 54, I was 191 lubs and was bench pressing ungodly weights. I could twitch my pecs to any tune you could name.
I miss those days... :(
KAF - 30 Hour OSHA - 7 JUN 2013-1-6.jpg

85% of good health and weight management is nutrition, 15% is exercise. I have friends that also got heavy and tried to just punish themselves to death with all sorts of exercise as a fix. Now they've thrown in the towel because they never saw the bigger picture. I love exercise 5x times a week at the gym, but I know that is more of a mental escape, decompress thing for me. Fasting and eating well will always be the ticket to reasonable health before it is time to return to dust.

85% of good health and weight management is nutrition, 15% is exercise. I have friends that also got heavy and tried to just punish themselves to death with all sorts of exercise as a fix. Now they've thrown in the towel because they never saw the bigger picture. I love exercise 5x times a week at the gym, but I know that is more of a mental escape, decompress thing for me. Fasting and eating well will always be the ticket to reasonable health before it is time to return to dust.
So spend 85% of my day eating and 15% of my day moving, I like it.

Exercise is a tool to help get into a caloric deficit mode and increase metabolism. It isn't 100% necessary to achieve caloric deficit, but it is way easier for me when I work out hard.

Here is an October Challenge:

You have 10 4 days to think about it.

According to my smarty-pants phone, from today:

6400 steps = 2.7 mi ~ 45 mins.
I walked around, 2x, inside the building today over lunch due to the rain.
Outside I can walk a bit faster pace.

My phone says I am at 70 mins moving from about 8am ~12:45- walk in from the car, going to get coffee, misc around the lab.
All the movement time counts.

If you are unsure, or on the fence. Just start. Be deliberate and start.

More than one person has gotten into shape by taking the first step of putting on shoes.

If this wasn't an exercise but a weight loss thread, I'd offer OP some of the powdered roots and herbs my acupuncturist gave me. Apparently the longer it sits, the more you s****s. I've inadvertently lost about 4lbs the hard way today.

Which sucks because today is weights and there's no way I'm going to lift today, especially thinking about how that one push could give me an unpleasant surprise.

Exercise vs Weight
https://althouse.blogspot.com/2021/09/in-theory-or-in-kindlier-alternative.html

"And if we feel inclined to bemoan the extra fat we carry around and can't easily exercise off, let us recognize the immense privilege that fat represents. We live in luxury. " - Ann Althouse

paywall

"And if we feel inclined to bemoan the extra fat we carry around and can't easily exercise off, let us recognize the immense privilege that fat represents. We live in luxury. " - Ann Althouse
Welp, I feel totally better about my "can't easily exercise" predicament, now. I actually do live in luxury... :p

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews