JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I know the feeling. When I was younger I had a very physical job. I had a fairly muscular body and people would ask me if I worked out. I would tell them no, I just work. More than one would walk away with a puzzled look. I would tell them I got paid getting this body. That's what lifting and stacking 1,000-1,500 doors a shift will do for you.

Landscaping count? Laid down plastic to cover the grass. Then 20-30 minutes a day of shoveling gravel over it, I sweat like a pig, but am slowly filing in my side yards.

20210803_181851.jpg

I worked out for 25+ years and never got the memo that weight/fat loss is mostly hormonal. Avoid all the crap. Sugars be gone. All seed GMO oils etc, also gone. Can eat well. Fatty stuff and healthy oils. Weight just falls off when the carbs are restricted. Pretty much everything I was told up to that point was a lie. If you want to beat the crap out of yourself running, over exercising etc and eating per what the mainstream tells you - like the Biggest Loser - be among the 95% that fail. Or take the much easier route. KETO and IF. Lifestyle choice and no more failure. For us guys over 50 - when most pack on the fat in their 40s - it is a life saver. Cole is too hard core for most. Dr Berg on YT is a great resource also.

I am horrible at diets.
My downfall is sweets. I am a sober alcoholic. I stayed away from sweets for a long time after i got sober. Then they slowly crept back in.

I have learned/still learning to moderate my intake of bad stuff.
I can not do a lot of the low carb stuff. My body enjoys the veggies. So when i am feeling some bad cravings i try to fill the void with veggies and fruits. I figure that puts me ahead of 2/3 of the people out there.

Gym time is for strength. The weight loss that comes with being active is a bonus.

For the sugar part, I should have specified processed sugars. They are in EVERYTHING. Your body needs less than a teaspoon daily, but your average Joe consumes 32-33 teaspoons of sugar a day.
As for veggies that contain carbs, so what. The glucose response is greatly tapered over time. I eat ribeye steaks, hamburgers, fish, all sorts of veggies, even some fruits.
When a person consumes processed fructose/sugar THEN your body goes on alert to store fat. Often for hours. Processed sugars AND fats - umm no. I eat better, tastier stuff now than I have most of my life. In fact, I made it to 50 w/o ever cooking anything but frozen dinners or the like. Now I actually love cooking for myself.
Bottom line is anything that comes in a box, has a label, is processed junk. Now I eat like a king, just no junk.

For the sugar part, I should have specified processed sugars. They are in EVERYTHING. Your body needs less than a teaspoon daily, but your average Joe consumes 32-33 teaspoons of sugar a day.
As for veggies that contain carbs, so what. The glucose response is greatly tapered over time. I eat ribeye steaks, hamburgers, fish, all sorts of veggies, even some fruits.
When a person consumes processed fructose/sugar THEN your body goes on alert to store fat. Often for hours. Processed sugars AND fats - umm no. I eat better, tastier stuff now than I have most of my life. In fact, I made it to 50 w/o ever cooking anything but frozen dinners or the like. Now I actually love cooking for myself.
Bottom line is anything that comes in a box, has a label, is processed junk. Now I eat like a king, just no junk.

We cook 90% of our meals.
We could be better. We strive for better.
I agree about the processed sugars. I look at labels and have taught my wife to look at them.
Unfortunately she is willing to accept convenience more than I am.
So it's a continual work in progress.

I have learned to accept that trying to be better than I was yesterday is the best goal. It works. Most of the time.

Last Edited:
Fantastic line last line there BBQ Guy. Sounds like you are way ahead of the curve. Sadly, I have two type-2 diabetic friends. One already had a stroke last year and it really messed up his speech. The other had a heart attack. Both can be traced back to their sugar dependency.

Right after the second one's HA in the hospital they were bringing him cakes and puddings. But not salt!, that is evil. Our entire so-called medical system is so corrupt and out of whack. Plaque builds up in our heart and arteries because of the scaring and damage sugar does. That is like rebuilding an engine and then immediately pouring sugar in the gas tank.

Milkshakes and soda pop galore. Soon they will be Type 1 and done. It really is true that sugar is as addictive as herion.

Fantastic line last line there BBQ Guy. Sounds like you are way ahead of the curve. Sadly, I have two type-2 diabetic friends. One already had a stroke last year and it really messed up his speech. The other had a heart attack. Both can be traced back to their sugar dependency.

Right after the second one's HA in the hospital they were bringing him cakes and puddings. But not salt!, that is evil. Our entire so-called medical system is so corrupt and out of whack. Plaque builds up in our heart and arteries because of the scaring and damage sugar does. That is like rebuilding an engine and then immediately pouring sugar in the gas tank.

Milkshakes and soda pop galore. Soon they will be Type 1 and done. It really is true that sugar is as addictive as herion.
It's the worst.
I knew when i got sober that drunks usually had sugar and sweet addicitions in sobriety. I intentionally stayed away from sugar. It worked for a few years and it crept back in.
Now i am trying to moderate it. I also look for the sweets that do not contain corn syrup or any of the other highly refined sugars. If i am going to eat it, i can at least be selective about it.

Now i am trying to moderate it. I also look for the sweets that do not contain corn syrup or any of the other highly refined sugars.
That right there! Stay the eff away from high fructose corn syrup (HFCS) in ANYTHING!

That right there! Stay the eff away from high fructose corn syrup (HFCS) in ANYTHING!

This Just In --
" Study finds fructose, a simple sugar found in fruits and plants, expands the interior surface of the gut; same mechanism from high-fructose corn syrup may drive obesity (More) "

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top