JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was doing two groups per session, but I found I had alot of overlap with upper body. For example I'd work my biceps on arm/chest day but also on back/shoulder day with alot of exercises. Right now I'm trying upper body x2 a week, lower body/core x2 a week and cardio day x2 a week. I'm two weeks in and liking it.

As far as plateau on weight loss, it's a fine line between running a caloric deficit and putting your body into starvation mode where it slows your metabolism way down. It's different for everyone. Good luck.

I started tracking my food intake and macros. I saw a 4-5 lb drop over a 6 week period with it.
You are correct with caloric deficit vs starving. I definitely eat big when i have a particularly strenuous workout. I focus on a lot of protein following those sessions.
I like your upper/lower/cardio layout. Maybe i will switch to that for May.

I started using this routine on arm day.

Lots of great ideas there and full routines to switch stuff up.
That biceps workout has made a difference in 2 sessions. I couple it with triceps and some forearm work.
It destroyed my arms the first time. Complete shaking destroyed and that first time lifting type of ache the day after. Friggin awesome.

I was in a good groove at the gym then caught the Rona. Taking the weekend to recover, then this week I'll start doing some body weight stuff at home until I can go back.

Hopefully I don't lose too much ground.

Got on the incline table today.to stretch Started doing my incline sit-ups. Feeling frisky. So started doing them rapidly. Got up to 10. Then the table blows past the angle preset and I'm dangling past 180. Degrees and dangling by my legs with no way to pull myself back up. I can reach the ground with my hands and end up doing a handstand to get my feet out. And roll out of it. But then the incline machine falls on top of me to try and finish me off
Today incline machine 1
Me. 0
It's in the yard mocking me. I'll be back tomorrow to try again

EDC22DA1-0E82-4C34-8201-06DAABB0AF7E.jpeg

ARMY Fitness Test -
April 1st goes live. Or, whatever you Army guys say when an initiative is now the standard of the service, and all must comply.

"Internal Army figures from April show 44% of women failed the ACFT, compared to 7% of men since Oct. 1."

"The Army remains in a beta phase for the ACFT. Until March 2022"

related:

Got on the incline table today.to stretch Started doing my incline sit-ups. Feeling frisky. So started doing them rapidly. Got up to 10. Then the table blows past the angle preset and I'm dangling past 180. Degrees and dangling by my legs with no way to pull myself back up. I can reach the ground with my hands and end up doing a handstand to get my feet out. And roll out of it. But then the incline machine falls on top of me to try and finish me off
Today incline machine 1
Me. 0
It's in the yard mocking me. I'll be back tomorrow to try again

View attachment 880538
These are seriously great, I picked one up in November. Its helped my back and neck pain immensely.

As for me... today I tore out the ramp that I built when my dogs hips had started getting bad. He has passed away now, so I decided to reinstall the staircase that I'd disassembled.

I'm out of shape and was sweating like a pig and dying for a beer and my comfy couch by the time it was over.

picked up some "indian clubs". gives me something productive to do while watching TV.
clubsweights2021.jpg

been using a couple months, and they're fun to use to, which makes exercise easier to take on.

Yup, any day now...
aquamanJM.JPG

Still in the gym 5 days a week.
I fell off the good food diet Memorial Day weekend. Something about fair food always brings out my worst cravings. So i ate plenty of it at Boatnik.
Ive packed on 4 pounds. Some of it is probably muscle but most of it is fat bubblegum with bad food habits right now.
I am finally back to body weight dips.
I actually squeezed out 3 body weight pullups yesterday.
That was a first since my teenage years. My messed up shoulder is telling me today all about how that was a bad idea. I am proud nonetheless.

I quit exercising for 20 years, I got tired of feeling sore all the time but as time passed I noticed as I got older I was feeling sore all the time anyway. At least when I exercise I feel more alive. My cuts & scrapes heal faster too & the way my body craves exercise shows me it must be a good thing

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top