JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I saw a news clip about a guy who was battling the home owners association about his dog being off leash. they described him as having a arsenal (2 shot guns and a revolver) so what do I have a arms depot maybe 20 firearms.

It all depends on who it is. some people in power (and want that power) belive 1 is too many. also, youre living in a "compound" too.

btw, i have an "arsenal" and live in a "compound". eventho i dont hunt, i have a "sniper rilfe" and "assault rilfes". some of my pistols are "automatic" also.

I guess it all depends on who's talking. I don't think any of us here are actually naive enough to believe that the media would fairly represent gun owners. I had 4 bricks of .22LR in my car the other day. If you asked the media, I would have had a pistol and 2000 rounds of ammo.:s0001:

Its all a matter of perspective.

Don't forget about all your "machine guns" (black rifles). It doesn't matter what they really are, if they look scary, people will overreact. For example, even my wife will shoot my friend's Marlin .22 bolt action, but she is scared to death of my dressed-up Ruger 10/22. I tried to explain to her that it fires the same round, but..................? The unfortunate fact is, if you have even one gun, people will try to portray you as some sort of wacko survivalist (with an arsenal).

I cant remember where I heard it, but a long time ago I heard that if you have more than 10 guns, and/or more than 1000 rounds of ammo for each gun, then its considered stockpiling. I dont know whether theres any truth to that, just figured Id share. That would probably make alot of us here on NWFA illegal. I'll try to do some digging and see if I can find out what the truth is on it.

An arsenal is what ever the media wants to call one to discredit the person even more. We all have an arsenal based on their definition so we're all bad...right? Maybe I need counseling to confront my arsenal issues....

I cant remember where I heard it, but a long time ago I heard that if you have more than 10 guns, and/or more than 1000 rounds of ammo for each gun, then its considered stockpiling. I dont know whether theres any truth to that, just figured Id share. That would probably make alot of us here on NWFA illegal. I'll try to do some digging and see if I can find out what the truth is on it.

So as long as I limit myself to 9 weapons with 900 rounds for each, I am ok? That's great!!! :s0131:

An arsenal is what ever the media wants to call one to discredit the person even more.

+1 Yup.

If they do a story on the SERT or SWAT team, they will refer to their weapons as semi-automatic rifles (even if they are select fire). If that weapon is handed to me, it is referred to as an assault rifle or machine gun.

It all depends on who is holding it.

And by the way, isn't assault a verb? Its like going to Williams-Sanoma and referring to their cutlery a "stabbing knife".

"LOOK OUT, HE'S GOT A STABBING KNIFE!!! RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!"

Arsenal
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
This article does not cite any references or sources. Please help improve this article by adding citations to reliable sources. Unverifiable material may be challenged and removed. (December 2007)

For the London football club, see Arsenal F.C.. For all other uses, see Arsenal (disambiguation).
Look up Arsenal in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.

View of the Entrance to the Arsenal, by Canaletto, 1732.
Cannons and mortars of Napoleon's Army exhibited along the wall of the Kremlin Arsenal.

An arsenal is an establishment for the construction, repair, storage and issue of weapons and ammunition. The word arsenal appears in various forms in Romance languages (from which it has been adopted into the Germanic languages), i.e. Italian arsenale, Spanish arsenal etc.; Italian also has arzana and darsena, and Spanish a longer form atarazanal. The word is of Arabic origin, being a corruption of dar as-sina'ah, "house of manufacturing" or "manufacture". Alternative derivations, such as arx navalis, "naval citadel", arx senatus (i.e. of Venice, etc.), have been discounted. For Early Modern Europe, the Arsenal was the Venetian Arsenal.

A first-class arsenal, which can furnish the material and equipment of a large army, embraces a gun factory, carriage factory, laboratory and small-arms ammunition factory, small-arms factory, harness, saddlery and tent factories, and a powder factory; in addition it must possess great store-houses. In a second-class arsenal the factories would be replaced by workshops. The situation of an arsenal should be governed by strategic considerations. If of the first class, it should be situated at the base of operations and supply, secure from attack, not too near a frontier, and placed so as to draw in readily the resources of the country. The importance of a large arsenal is such that its defences would be on the scale of those of a large fortress.

The usual subdivision of branches in a great arsenal is into storekeeping, construction and administration. Under storekeeping we should have the following departments and stores: Departments of issue and receipt, pattern room, armoury department, ordnance or park, harness, saddlery and accoutrements, camp equipment, tools and instruments, engineer store, timber yard, breaking-up store, unserviceable store. Under construction: Gun factory, carriage factory, laboratory, small-arms factory, harness and tent factory, powder factory, etc. In a second- class arsenal there would be workshops instead of these factories. Administration: Under the head of administration would be classed as the chief director of the arsenal, officials military and civil, non-commissioned officers and military artificers, civilian foremen, workmen and laborers, with the clerks and writers necessary for the office work of the establishments.

In the manufacturing branches are required skill, and efficient and economical work, both executive and administrative; in the storekeeping part, good arrangement, great care, thorough knowledge of all warlike stores, both in their active and passive state, and scrupulous exactness in the custody, issue and receipt of stores. Frederick Taylor introduced command and control techniques to arsenals.

Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arsenal"
Categories: Arsenals | Arabic words and phrases

Well, here in yUK I have eighteen firearms, but very little in the way of ammunition for my six centrefire-calibres, as I am a manic reloader. I also cast ball, conical, Minies and bloody great big Whitworth bullets too, so I 'spose my 500 pounds or so of old water pipe lead could be construed as a 'stockpile' of munitions - awaiting conversion. :s0114:

Here in UK we are 'helped' here by the laws covering the amount of ammunition you can actually have in your possession for each calibre - it's all registered on sale by the dealer, and recorded by him in your firearms certificate, too. Anybody looking at mine would have a hard time figuring out how much I actually DO shoot. I've only bought .357 Mag, .308Win and 7.5 Swiss once in my entire life. The others are all handmade stuff.

tac

That homeowners assoc. does not know what an arsenal really is. Dont They know that an armed society is a nice society. Also if he has guns and an ATTACK DOG than he is the neighbor i want living next to me. THE MORE GUNS HE OWNS THE BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you own it then it's a collection but when the media finds out about it then it's an arsenal. Untill people realize who they vote for means something you will always be in fear of your government.

jj

Apparently I have the beginners size arsenal-only 2 handguns a 22lr and 45 ACP with over 2000 rounds available combined for them. :s0155:

A 10/22 and AR15 are in the future. Once I get those, I guess I can move up to the intermediate level arsenal. :gun11:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top