JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Screwdrivers with whipped cream vodka 😁 I know, it's girly but it goes down like water lol one of my top drinks next to S&Ws (White Russians with a splash of cola)

image.jpg

While I don't reside in the People's Republic of Oregon (I'm a lowly peasant in the Kingdom of Jackboot Jay), I will raise a glass to Judge Raschio tonight and his stupendous and constitutionally correct decision.

I'm gonna raise a White Russian to the Judge, not because I'm a commie or anything like that, but because the Dude abides...

Big Lebowski_Dude abides.jpg White Russian01.JPG

This morning, having a Breakfast with Hayden variation of Block15's Super Nebula, aged in Basil Hayden bourbon barrels, while tending to a brisket in my smoker.
Over 13% ABV and just so awesome!

1700757505064.png

I've been on a Suntory kick, and Ninkasi has put out some good lagers as of late.

I asked my boss for a raise so I could afford Hibiki, but they must have thought I was joking by the way they laughed and turned their back on me!

Sazerac's are on the menu tonight.
Rittenhouse Rye whiskey, both Angostura and Peychaud bitters, some simple syrup, fresh lemon peel and a few spritzes of a good Absinthe, for that slight anise flavor.
It's a tremendous cocktail…similar to an Old Fashioned but with a bit more depth.
Drink up

Rittenhouse Rye whiskey, both Angostura and Peychaud bitters, some simple syrup, fresh lemon peel and a few spritzes of a good Absinthe, for that slight anise flavor.
It's a tremendous cocktail…similar to an Old Fashioned but with a bit more depth.
Drink up
It's only been within the last couple of years that I've tasted an Old Fashioned, and it's one of the few cocktails I will drink. I've never had one with a good rye, but I'll bet rye adds a bit to the overall flavor. Kind of like changing a Bloody Mary from vodka, to tequila, to gin. But I've never had Absinthe. Does it taste remotely like anything else?

Absinthe has an aroma and taste that is VERY reminiscent of black licorice.
Similar to anise, Ouzo, black sambuca, Etc.
It is faint, but present. I dig it but not everyone is a fan.
If you like Good 'n Plenties, you'll like a Sazerac 🤣

Drink up
OK, I'ma gonna give that a try here real soon! thanks for the tip!

It's only been within the last couple of years that I've tasted an Old Fashioned, and it's one of the few cocktails I will drink. I've never had one with a good rye, but I'll bet rye adds a bit to the overall flavor. Kind of like changing a Bloody Mary from vodka, to tequila, to gin. But I've never had Absinthe. Does it taste remotely like anything else?
I love me a fine OF, and I make mine with 101 proof rye almost exclusively. Used to make them with just plain ol' bourbon whiskey, but then I tried them with rye and never went back.

Absinthe has an aroma and taste that is VERY reminiscent of black licorice.
Similar to anise, Ouzo, black sambuca, Etc.
It is faint, but present. I dig it but not everyone is a fan.
If you like Good 'n Plenties, you'll like a Sazerac 🤣
I loves me some black licorice, and Sambuca and grappa, too! Discovered those two liqueurs at the tender age of 10 or 11, whilst living in Italy and found my parents liquor stash. Live was never the same after that. At least, what I could remember of it... :s0092:

Don't know why, but I imagined a licorice tint. I could see that mixing well in an Old Fashioned.
I love Good and Plenties!
My favorite candies are black licorice and G&Ps! Only makes sense that I would love absinthe and pastis... :)

I don't know what the hell happened, but apparently, I haven't had a Negroni in over two years... TWO YEARS!!! :eek:
That's the last time I see a Negroni in my NWFA Pics Posted folder... but yet, the bottle of Aviation is somehow almost gone... 🤨
I've had a few ShootFests at my place over that timespan, and one of my buds who comes down for that really does love some Aviation gin, so maybe... 🤔

Negroni02.JPG

Having a few of these with the last of my Thanksgiving leftovers tonight...

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR