JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This sounds like a story worth hearing... 🤔
Update: I apologize to the Asian lady who did not steal the ring she was looking at. I went to work on Monday preparing to get reamed by the boss and he told me that he thinks I put the ring back on the wrong display finger. After looking at the finger displays again I found the "missing" ring.

Doh! Doh! & Doh!. All is well now.

Update: I apologize to the Asian lady who did not steal the ring she was looking at. I went to work on Monday preparing to get reamed by the boss and he told me that he thinks I put the ring back on the wrong display finger. After looking at the finger displays again I found the "missing" ring.

Doh! Doh! & Doh!. All is well now.

Sample drams of classic Laddie, Port Charlotte and the exceptionally peated Octomore from the source. Wee drams they are.

20230615_175752.jpg 20230615_121439.jpg

Another one for you. Bottled straight from the cask (after a wee sample of course) from warehouse #1 at Laphroaig. Not available anywhere in the world but here. Aged in virgin European oak (not bourbon like everything else). 7 year old so the peat is ample. This is the 111th bottle from the cask. Looking forward to sharing!

20230618_160835.jpg

Last Edited:
Same island, picnic table is back at my hang out. Bruichladdich is over on the west side of the loch. Lagavulin, Laphroaig and Ardbeg are all on the same road / footpath.
Ah! Thank you for the explanation!

Enjoying your scotch tour? I have a buddy who did one of those. Man, did he ever get a treat... :s0140:

Here is one for @sobo. IIRC this is one of your faves. Beautiful area in Spey. To me, it is what I imagined Scotland to look like. And to be clear...I did not come to Scotland to drink (looking for some peace to work on writing projects and found it), but I did want to experience the whisky-making process. I found the folks at the distilleries to be the nicest people in the country. Some of the tours were like you were being shown around with by a friend (Bruichladdich, Laphroaig) whereas others were a polished as Disneyland, but still with a friendly guide and exceptionally knowledgeable (The Glenlivet).

Two things of note I've found: 1) Americans overvalue age in Whisky, especially if you like peated varieties. I think the best I sampled on this trip was a seven-year-old Laphroaig. 2) Women over here are Scotch Whisky drinkers. I've known women have better noses and can detail the flavors better than men in general. It is not an old man's drink here, many young folks from around the world.

Okay and a third, they seem to be exceptionally responsible drinkers. Distilleries will not consider serving you anything if you are driving and they ask everyone before serving. If there is any hesitation in the answer, they will offer you "driver's drams" in wee bottles to take home and sample there. Given that the roads are about as wide as game trails, this is a good thing! I appreciate this.

SlĂ inte Mhath

20230623_130308.jpg

@WillametteWill I'm so glad you're doing this for yourself, and I really hope you find the peace and quiet you seek for your writing.

I must say that I'm touched that you remember my fondness for Aberlour. I really do love that stuff... Now I gotta go visit that shop..
And to celebrate your visit, I'm going to go pour myself a wee dram of it! :)

Enjoy your dram! Yesterday on The Glenlivet tour (the THE is similar to THE Ohio State University, lol) our guide Amber use the word "little." I'm pretty sure it was the first time I had heard that word in nearly two weeks as everything is "wee." But she still used wee twice as often.

My wife will tell you I forget everything so don't ask me how your affinity for Aberlour (16 IIRC) stuck in my memory banks but it just did. Headed home tomorrow. I'll admit it's been strange not touching/carrying firearms for nearly two weeks.

Enjoy your dram! Yesterday on The Glenlivet tour (the THE is similar to THE Ohio State University, lol) our guide Amber use the word "little." I'm pretty sure it was the first time I had heard that word in nearly two weeks as everything is "wee." But she still used wee twice as often.
:s0140:
My wife will tell you I forget everything so don't ask me how your affinity for Aberlour (16 IIRC) stuck in my memory banks but it just did. Headed home tomorrow. I'll admit it's been strange not touching/carrying firearms for nearly two weeks.
You are correct - 16 years old it is! :) Perhaps it was the many pics of said 16-year-old that have appeared in this very thread... such as these:

Aberlour01.JPG Aberlour02.JPG Aberlour03.JPG Aberlour04.JPG

And in chronological order as evidenced by the decreasing volume in ye ole flask…
I was originally going to point that out in my post, but I figured some watchful NWFA eye would catch that. Glad to see this vigilant crew didn't disappoint... :)

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top