JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Chronology is a timely topic.
Right on schedule...

full.gif

Been a coupla weeks since I've seen this thread bump up to the top, and figured it needed a resurrection...

Tonight will be a hefty helping of sobo's world-famous Planet Killer Mai Tai, since I haven't made one in a coon's age (about a year ago! :eek: )...

PKMT09.JPG

Last Edited:
Public service announcement for those who enjoy an occasional dram of uisge-beatha, aqua vitae, the water of life, aka Scotch Whisky. 200 years ago today, from my best research, Scotland officially made the bevy legal with the Excise Tax law passage. Sure, it was common well before this, but it still may be a day to celebrate for some.

Slàinte Mhath

For the OF. One Jigger or?

Recipe?
  1. In an Old Fashioned glass, combine ½ oz of simple syrup, half-dozen (or so) shakes of Angostura bitters, a squeeze of juice from a fresh orange, and just the wee-est dash of grenadine
  2. Muddle all together to mix well
  3. Pack glass with crushed ice, add 2 oz Wild Turkey 101 Rye whiskey (you can use regular bourbon whiskey, but I like the taste that a rye gives this drink)
  4. Add a splash (½ to 1 oz) of seltzer water (or more, if nearly-straight whiskey is a bit too much for you or your guests), and stir with muddler to mix
  5. Garnish with half an orange slice and a stemmed maraschino cherry
  6. Top up with crushed ice to bring the drink to the rim of the glass
  7. Enjoi...

Last Edited:
When it comes to brown liquors, I like Jameson, Bushmills and Johnny Black now and then. Curious, I accepted a shot of this pricey stuff. Now I know. It's smokier than I prefer, and at $200 a fifth, I'm kinda glad I don't love it.

IMG_6750.JPG

When it comes to brown liquors, I like Jameson, Bushmills and Johnny Black now and then. Curious, I accepted a shot of this pricey stuff. Now I know. It's smokier than I prefer, and at $200 a fifth, I'm kinda glad I don't love it.

1195221-a010051b308b4b0b5aa2d64292727300.jpg
Good to know. I'm smoke and peat type of person, nearly always single malts, but may have to try a dram sometime. The smoke is definitely not for all or even most. Nothing for me for a while, recovering from a procedure yesterday as well as on some meds.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top