JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
And here I thought I was the only one who put a splash of grenadine in their OF...

Bruto Americano... That's Italian for "ugly American" :s0140:
Yeah an "old-fashioned" is more of a category then a specific drink (a cocktail in the old-fashioned way) to me along the lines of a Sour or a Mule (Buck).

It just means a Spirit accented by a sweetener and a bittering ingredient. I consider a Sazerac for example to be in the category of an old-fashioned.

On the name, it fits, it's similar to Campari but with a rougher woodier bitterness.

Tonight's drink is 2018s Acerglyn
20210725_150140.jpg

Last Edited:
Orval which is tasty as usual, Buoy brewing Brett Saison (conditioned on stone fruit to make it extra special). It is really tasty if you are a beer freak. Very dry, and I do get some of the stone fruit flavor.

To pass off into a great sleep, St. Bernardus Abt. 12.

EBDE1442-2D47-4CD0-915A-1CF0FD1334D8.jpeg
long day. Too many buildings that let preventative maintenance go during COVID, now everyone comes back and is surprised there are issues top to bottom. Just in time for rumors of lockdowns again.

Last Edited:
Iced Cofveve made with Lavazza Italian grand roast, french pressed cold, blended over crushed ice with half and half, and a touch of sugar!
Sounds a little too foo-fooey for you, Ura... You sportin' a manbun today, too? o_O

Don't take offense. I was just funnin' ya, cuz you mentioned all that fancy I-talian brand coffee and the Froggie press... :s0140:

I usually make it Turkish style, but that takes forever, and I wanted refreshed NOW, so the the froggy press got the job!
If I'm feeling especially relaxed and have the time, I prepare my weekend java in the Vietnamese fashion...

A single-cup brewing apparatus (phin) and using condensed milk for both the milk and sweetener combined...

ETA: Pic of my various phin sets.

Phin.JPG

Last Edited:
Coors Light.
BUT....why did I ever buy this beer? Funny that it doesn't even taste as refreshing as when I watched Smoky and The Bandit back in the late 70s (or was it the 80s). Yeah....ok, there was no "Coors Light" back then. It was Coors and you'll like it. Because I paid for it.

Aloha, Mark

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads